How can you NOT be impressed with Mahomes

I'm actually super insulted by the comparison.  Other than I can be stubborn when arguing what I believe, our writing styles and thoughts processes aren't similar at all.  But if you don't even recognize my name or avatar (which is also the same!) then I'm not sure what to tell you.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No goofy. I was asking you because I know you remember him lol.

Lol I can’t believe you thought I was calling you fbeam. I’m literally cracking up that you thought so.

My bad, LOL.  We just had a long party watching the CFP games.  I was confused because you only quoted my post and only said "this guy."  Good to know neither you nor I are going crazy.

And yeah, he's very fbeam or DBG like, though the content is way more fbeam.

The thing about fbeam. Remember during the herm years I was talking about how clueless herm was and fbeam said I didn’t like him bc he was black and if he were white that I’d give him a pass. That’s what made me draw the comparisons

The thing about fbeam. Remember during the herm years I was talking about how clueless herm was and fbeam said I didn’t like him bc he was black and if he were white that I’d give him a pass. That’s what made me draw the comparisons

In fairness, I almost never talk race, but I was the one who implied it here.  But that's simply because Phatal lumped a curious collection of black QBs together and called them "sandlot" QBs who can't win even though some of them are definitely not "sandlot" and some of them are pretty good!  Tyrod Taylor is far more Alex Smith than Michael Vick, as I demonstrated.

In fairness, I almost never talk race, but I was the one who implied it here. But that's simply because Phatal lumped a curious collection of black QBs together and called them "sandlot" QBs who can't win even though some of them are definitely not "sandlot" and some of them are pretty good! Tyrod Taylor is far more Alex Smith than Michael Vick, as I demonstrated.

Off topic but I wonder what Vick would’ve been like if he were used like slash was in Pitt? I think he would’ve put up some crazy numbers receiving.

Off topic but I wonder what Vick would’ve been like if he were used like slash was in Pitt? I think he would’ve put up some crazy numbers receiving.

Hardly the biggest what-if of Vick's career, though; you're really barking up the wrong tree.

The growing pains with Mahomes may not be that severe.  Unlike most QBOTFs, he's coming into a winning program rather than having to rescue some 4-12 team.  Sure, he'll probably lose some games that an experienced QB would expect to win, but I think the Chiefs could be a playoff team with Mahomes at the controls next year.  Mahomes is more in the position of Aaron Rodgers at the beginning of his career than that of David Carr.

There will be some growing pains for sure.

They will need to determine what receivers fit in with Mahomes and don't and they have a major Defensive rehaul looming.

Mahomes will probably throw a game clinching INT and this board will melt down while phata will say "I told you fuckers" from cardinalsnest or whatever. There will be highs and lows early for sure lol

There will be some growing pains for sure.

They will need to determine what receivers fit in with Mahomes and don't and they have a major Defensive rehaul looming.

Mahomes will probably throw a game clinching INT and this board will melt down while phata will say "I told you fuckers" from cardinalsnest or whatever. There will be highs and lows early for sure lol

He almost threw it last game. Although there was no chance of it being picked with Denver's 2nd string secondary. Mahummus knew the situation..He pulled down a lot of throws he would have thrown in a heartbeat at TX Tech. He's learned a lot from Smith and that is a good thing.

He almost threw it last game. Although there was no chance of it being picked with Denver's 2nd string secondary. Mahummus knew the situation..He pulled down a lot of throws he would have thrown in a heartbeat at TX Tech. He's learned a lot from Smith and that is a good thing.

Yep. As long as he continues to get better, the Chiefs are in great shape.

I saw improvement Sunday vs August, so we're on the right track here.

Thanks for posting this. Even when it looks like he's throwing the ball away, he almost made some plays. Their will be some multiple pick games from him next season, but there will also be some multiple TD games also.  

I can't wait to see him with the 1's, the thing I liked is he wasn't scared.  He always kept his eyes downfield, even if he broke containment and that is playing against the Denver 1's.  

I hope Alex kills it in the playoffs, dream scenario is we lose a rose bowl type game, high scoring where Alex plays well, we can trade him off and finally dump Sutton....

I can't wait to see him with the 1's, the thing I liked is he wasn't scared. He always kept his eyes downfield, even if he broke containment and that is playing against the Denver 1's.

I hope Alex kills it in the playoffs, dream scenario is we lose a rose bowl type game, high scoring where Alex plays well, we can trade him off and finally dump Sutton....

I'm sorry, the dream scenario is that we win the Super Bowl with Smith playing well and trade Smith for the highest draft pick we can. I mean, in that hypothetical dream scenario, if we can win the Super Bowl with Smith and Mahomes is all we think he's going to be, Sutton shouldn't stop him. Sutton would eventually retire.

In the dream scenario, we would want to be scoring a lot of points, but we would want the defense to do well as well because then facing the reality that we would keep Sutton would not be as bad. He would have earned it instead of lucking out or riding on the offense's coattails. Hey, I'm talking about a hypothetical. ;)

I'm sorry, the dream scenario is that we win the Super Bowl with Smith playing well and trade Smith for the highest draft pick we can. I mean, in that hypothetical dream scenario, if we can win the Super Bowl with Smith and Mahomes is all we think he's going to be, Sutton shouldn't stop him. Sutton would eventually retire.

In the dream scenario, we would want to be scoring a lot of points, but we would want the defense to do well as well because then facing the reality that we would keep Sutton would not be as bad. He would have earned it instead of lucking out or riding on the offense's coattails. Hey, I'm talking about a hypothetical. ;)

ha good point, I guess dream 'realistic' scenario if that exists?

In the actual dream scenario, we win the Super Bowl. Brady retires. Roethlisberger retires. The Broncos lose their franchise. The Raiders hire John Madden to be their coach and he pulls Jim Plunkett out of retirement. We swap cheerleaders with the Cowboys. Alex signs a long term deal with us to be the backup, and they put free keg beer in the concourse. Like a miller lite or Michelob ultra.

Archived