How can you NOT be impressed with Mahomes

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the actual dream scenario, we win the Super Bowl. Brady retires. Roethlisberger retires. The Broncos lose their franchise. The Raiders hire John Madden to be their coach and he pulls Jim Plunkett out of retirement. We swap cheerleaders with the Cowboys. Alex signs a long term deal with us to be the backup, and they put free keg beer in the concourse. Like a miller lite or Michelob ultra.

I don't know something malt might be better. I could go for some Guinness

The thing about fbeam. Remember during the herm years I was talking about how clueless herm was and fbeam said I didn’t like him bc he was black and if he were white that I’d give him a pass. That’s what made me draw the comparisons

Lol. Didn’t like him because he was black? No, we didn’t like him because he was awful!

And not getting into it with his feet set. This and when the guy was draped all over his legs were two throws that stood out among many made, even his not when he sailed it. Why? Because he was looking for the longer play and recognized he had it, if not for his bad throw on it.

• 1 year later...

20 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

That dude is long gone and never coming back lol

He was an Alex only lover that lived in constant denial about it.  The Alex lovers were weird as hell.

He actually shockingly just posted something today. 

My parents came over last weekend from Florida so I ordered dry aged 7-rib roast from Niman Ranch. Fired up the grill and got to work. In the end we had a great looking meal and I decided to do the unthinkable and eat mine with some Heinz ketchup. I knew it would be terrible and I would regret it but still had to try. 

On ‎3‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 11:25 PM, PhataLerror said:

If Mahomes goes the way of other converted pitchers, they'll say the same thing about Mahomes lovers.

He was a relief pitcher his freshman year at Tech.  I'm pretty sure that won't have much impact on his NFL career, which arguably has already been better than Alex Smith's. 

On 3/18/2019 at 11:25 PM, PhataLerror said:

If Mahomes goes the way of other converted pitchers, they'll say the same thing about Mahomes lovers.

Phatal, Smith lacked leadership. He wasn't aggressive enough towards his teammates. This points to his confidence. 

To me, that was his flaw in not getting to a championship as a Chief. 

Mahomes, yelled at the locker room after the lost. Made his presence known to his teammates each and every game, beforehand, during, and after. 

Smith was a loner, that's his problem as a QB in a league like this. Again, confidence. 

Archived