Chiefs mock 2.0

liquidfriend

Trade:
-Alex Smith to the Cardinals for a 2nd round and cond. 2019 3rd round choice

Arians is finished in Arizona and Carson Palmer is too.  Gabbert and Stanton are not reasonable options at QB and they will be picking too late for an ideal prospect.  I think Alex would like back in the NFC West and be closer to home.

Retire:

Tamba Hali and Derrick Johnson

Rescind tag:

Dee Ford

Release:

Allen Bailey

Darrelle Revis

KC is now up to 48m in space.

Re-sign:

C  Zach Fulton (4yr/20m--your new starting Center)

FB Anthony Sherman (2yr/2m)

WR Albert Wilson (2yr/5m)

DL Jarvis Jenkins (min)

LB KPL (min)

Dustin Colquitt (2yr/2.7m)

Position Change:

Mitch Morse from Center to LG.

Sign:

QB Chase Daniel (3yr/8m)

LB Aaron Lynch (1yr/3.5m--prove it deal that can reach 6m with incentives met)

Draft:

2.1. Iman Marshall, CB  USC

CB has to be a priority.

2.2. Trenton Thompson, DL  Georgia

If they're gonna run 2 down linemen a lot, they need a guy that can clog the run really well up front.  Chris Jones is a good penetration guy, but isn't a wall.

3. Oren Burks, ILB  Vanderbilt

Good size, speed and ball tracking ability.  I think Burks and Ragland can be a strong long-lasting duo inside.

4. Porter Gustin, DE/OLB  USC

The Chiefs add another young edge-rusher to avoid another year of minimal sacks.

5. Lowell Lotuelei, NT  Utah

Here's a Bennie Logan kind of guy for cheap.  Chiefs package up a 6th and all the 7ths they fetched to move into the 5th for Lowell.

6. Nic Shimonek, QB  Texas Tech

Andy tabs Mahomes TT replacement as a developmental QB.

• 3 weeks later...

Trade:

-Alex Smith to the Cardinals for a 2nd round and 3rd round choice

Arians and Palmer are gone and now Mike McCoy runs the offense in the deaert. The Cardinals want to win right now and Alex fits his Offense well. I anticipate they will roll with Alex for now and address the future at QB later, along with moving down in the first to help recoup what they spent on him.

Retire:

Rescind tag:

Dee Ford

Release:

Darrelle Revis

Ron Parker

Re-sign:

WR Albert Wilson (2yr/5m)

DL Jarvis Jenkins (min)

Sign:

QB Chase Daniel (3yr/8m)

LB Aaron Lynch (1yr/5m--prove it deal that can reach 6m with incentives met)

OG Andrew Norwell (6yr/65m--Mega money for a Guard, but the success of Mahomes means everything to his success and having a elite LG goes a long way. This deal will be hella backloaded with money he may never see)

Draft:

2. Malik Jefferson, ILB Texas

With the laundry list of shit KPL just got arrested for, it's time to cut bait. Jefferson and Ragland is a hell of a duo inside.

2. Jaire Alexander, CB Louisville

Chiefs will absolutely address CB early.

3. DeShon Elliot, S Texas

One of the bigger disappointments on the D was Ron Parker. Older, expensive and will be a FA before long..its time to move on.

3. Lorenzo Carter, DE/OLB Georgia

Need more rush.

4. Michael Dickson, P Texas

A Punter, now? Yeah, absolutely.

This kid can pin teams deep incredibly well and absolutely killed Mizzou in his final NCAA game.

6. Du'Vonta Lampkin, NT Oklahoma

Real talented, but definitely leaving college a bit early. Lots of potential here though.

6. Nic Shimonek, QB  Texas Tech

Andy tabs Mahomes TT replacement as a developmental QB.

7. Drew Bailey, DL Louisville

Developmental run stuffer.

7. Dane Cruikshank, CB Arizona

Solid cover corner for depth.

7. Walter Brady, OLB Middle Tennessee

Talented LB that was once kicked off the Mizzou squad. So definite baggage, but worth the dice roll.

A very heavy Defensive draft. I don't see a ton of need on Offense outside of LG, that was filled in FA.

RB is set, OL is set and so is QB. This just isn't a great TE class and I'd like to see the WRs with Mahomes

Now that we know what Alex is fetching, time to update.

Retire:

Release:
Darrelle Revis
Ron Parker

Re-sign:

DL Jarvis Jenkins (min)

P  Dustin Colquitt (1yr/1.5m)

Tender:

RNR (original round)

Sign:

QB Teddy Bridgewater (1yr/3m) - Bridgewater opts to have Andy revive his career vs being shithoused in Cleveland

FS  Tre Boston (4yr/25m) - Had a good year for the LA Chargers in 2017 and will formed in a contract they can escape if that year was a mirage.

LB Aaron Lynch (2yr/14m) - Contract will be back loaded into a 2nd season option year.

Draft:

2.  Isaiah Wynn, OL  Georgia

Your new starting LG.

3.  Jerome Baker, ILB  Ohio State

I've seen him mocked to the Chiefs lately and I have to say, I like what I see.  Can actually cover (wow!), can control his gap, can actually tackle (wow!), has good angle and great play recognition.  A bit undersized, but I think he has the ability to pack on more weight.  I see 3 down potential here

3.  Kendrick Norton, NT  Miami

-Projected comp choice for Nick Foles-

When I saw film on McIntosh, this is a guy that really stuck out to me.  Really looks like an excellent two gapper and can move his opponents around to set up his inside backers to make the play. 

Stout and can push.

4.  Tony Brown, CB  Alabama

The Chiefs will take a problem player at some point, and this will be the point.  Very talented corner, that has dealt with some issues.  KC struggled with terrible depth quality at corner in 2017 and have made strides so far to turn things around.

6.  Dalton Schultz, TE  Stanford

Solid blocking TE with some pass catching ability.  Not very quick and sort of a frumpy dude; needs some time in an NFL weight program.

7.  Ito Smith, RB  Southern Miss

A very underrated RB in a stacked class.

7. D.J. Calhoun, LB  Arizona State

Hard hitter that can generate some pass-rush.

7.  Austin Allen, QB  Arkansas

A productive SEC passer with good arm talent.

• 3 weeks later...

Will adjust when actual Peters comp is known.  For now, I'm expecting a 3+5 this year (lmao).

Release:

Tamba Hali

Ron Parker

Allen Bailey

Frank Zombo

Trade:

CB Steven Nelson to the Browns for a 5th

Rescind Tag:

LB Dee Ford (I think if they can get his physical done, he gone)

Re-sign:
DL Jarvis Jenkins (min)

DB Steven Terrell (min)

Tender:

RNR (original round)

Sign:

QB Chase Daniel (2yr/3m--With Brees staying for longer in NO, he will come back to KC to tutor Pat further)

LB Junior Galette (1yr/1m--Wants to play for KC badly, so should come cheap.  Can provide Dee Ford type pressure on a budget)

DE Sheldon Richardson (4yr/45m--With the Seahawks not looking to use the tag on him, I look for the Chiefs to be extremely interested in adding him to a lackluster front)

CB Trumaine Johnson (5yr/70m--The Chiefs will need to find an experienced #1 CB with Peters gone to LA)

With all the following moves made, the Chiefs will have 24 million in cap space remaining which will be down to 18 after rookie pool and players picked up during the season.   With that carry over, they will have close to 80 million in cap space going into 2019.  Goodbye cap hell!

Draft

2. Tim Settle, DT  Virginia Tech

The Chiefs will continue to invest heavy into the DL early, after how much they were gashed up front the last 2 years.  Settle, Richardson and Chris Jones is a much better starting DL.

3. Connor WIlliams, OL  Texas

Teams are going to knock Williams for a not as a good 2017, but he also was dealing with a PCL+MCL injury and would be a potential first rounder otherwise.  I would absolutely take him to be the starting LG for now, with potential to replace Eric Fisher at LT later on.

3. Malik Jefferson, ILB  Texas

The Chiefs continue to add to its younger D with a 3 down linebacker to pair with Reggie Ragland.

3. Armani Watts, S  Texas A&M

Losing Marcus Peters is a major blow for a Defense that thrives off turning the ball over, so adding another turnover machine in the secondary would be nice.

4. Kevin Toliver, CB  LSU

The Chiefs add a young corner to improve the depth chart and add a policy if Amerson sucks.

5. Troy Fumagalli, TE  Wisconsin

The Chiefs will look to add more competition at the TE depth chart after the Chiefs offense completely stalled after the Kelce concussion.

5.  Isaac Yiadom, CB  Boston College

The Chiefs will add yet another CB after the horrific shitshow they saw.

6. Logan Woodside, QB  Toledo

An underrated QB that can make any throw that is asked from him.  A fringe undersized guy that isn't very mobile and from a spread Offense, but a lot to like.  Reminds me of a smaller Goff, in a way.

7. Kahlil McKenzie, DL  Tennessee

The Chiefs add some depth up front with the Raiders GM's kid.

7.  Braxton Berrios, WR  Miami

Taking a flyer on an interesting one year prospect.

7.  Johnny Townsend, P  Florida

Colquitt replacement.

Release:

Tamba Hali

Ron Parker

Frank Zombo

Spencer Ware

Charcandrick West

Trade:

CB Steven Nelson, TE Demetrius Harris and a 7th round pick to the Browns for a 5th round pick and QB DeShone Kizer

Re-sign:
DL Jarvis Jenkins (min)

DB Steven Terrell (min)

LB Kevin Pierre-Lewis (min--Even with pending legal problems, it seems best option with lacking options and capital would be letting things play out)

QB Tyler Bray (min--not enough resources to completely flip the depth chart at QB in a single year)

Tender:

RNR (original round)

Sign:

LB Junior Galette (1yr/1m--Wants to play for KC badly, so should come cheap.  Can provide Dee Ford type pressure on a budget)

CB Aqib Talib (1yr/8m--A one year rental for a proven vet that can teach the young DBs how to play and not handle a gun)

Draft:

2.  Tim Settle, NT  Virginia Tech

Settle did not have a good weekend at the Combine, but I don't think it voids his tape.  Locks in that we should be able to land him.

3.  Dorance Armstrong, DE/OLB Kansas

I don't know what makes me barf more, the idea that a Jayhawk is on my mock or that I watched the shitbirds "play" football.  In all seriousness, his production dip is tied to the Jayhawks stupidly asking something else out of him (see: Justin Houston) and the fact he played around all around shit.  The AA here is real and I'd gamble on the upside.

I was a major fan of Lorenzo Carter, but I think he just put himself out of our range completely.  Sucks.

3.  Armani Watts, S  Texas A&M

The Chiefs need to fill a major hole at FS and find somebody that can fill the turnover void they created with the Peters trade.  I think Watts fills that need.

4. Kevin Toliver, CB  LSU

The Chiefs add a young corner to improve the depth chart and add a policy if Amerson sucks.

4. Michael Dickson, P  Texas

The Chiefs go young with an Aussie punter that completely killed MU in the Texas bowl.

5. Jamarcus King, CB  South Carolina

Replenish the depth chart

7. Kahlil McKenzie, DL  Tennessee

The Chiefs add some depth up front with the Raiders GM's kid.

7.  Jake Roh, TE  Boise State

More depth at TE.

That would be an amazing draft. Good job.

Doesn't add up to me when he's not got one WR or TE on the list either via draft or FA when clearly that's what the Chiefs intend to add to the roster this year. Although I agree that some of those players would be very good additions. 

Doesn't add up to me when he's not got one WR or TE on the list either via draft or FA when clearly that's what the Chiefs intend to add to the roster this year. Although I agree that some of those players would be very good additions.

Honestly, they won't be able to fill every single need.

The more I look over things, spending big money in FA this year is a disaster waiting to happen.

The FA is the worst in a long while to the point where the Giants are rumored to be offering a Guard Left Tackle cash.

I'd pass on that.

7th round TE. They only stand to lose Wilson in FA. They have guys on the PS who Mahomes will make look good.

Honestly, they won't be able to fill every single need.

The more I look over things, spending big money in FA this year is a disaster waiting to happen.

The FA is the worst in a long while to the point where the Giants are rumored to be offering a Guard Left Tackle cash.

I'd pass on that.

Just going on what Veach said about wanting WR's and also the fact that they've had formal meetings with three TE's, and held several discussions with another. They plan to add to the offense, no doubt about it.

Just going on what Veach said about wanting WR's and also the fact that they've had formal meetings with three TE's, and held several discussions with another. They plan to add to the offense, no doubt about it.

What are they going to add?

They will have Hill, Conley, Robinson, Chesson, Deiter and Kemp for sure and they're trying to retain Wilson. They might bring in a receiver or two to flwsh out the competition at camp, but I'd like to see what receivers fit in with Mahomes before making major changes.

Going off how they worked with Alex Smith tells me nothing.

Starting line is set beyond LG and this is a position I'd like to see addressed, but will have to possibly wait.

They are fine at RB with Ware coming back.

I don't think they will spend anything major today to address back up Tight End.

QB chart would be set with Mahomes, Kizer and Bray as the token vet.

Most of the attention needs to be on the bottom ranked D that's about to trade off one of its few worthwhile assets for a sack of footballs.

What are they going to add?

They will have Hill, Conley, Robinson, Chesson, Deiter and Kemp for sure and they're trying to retain Wilson. They might bring in a receiver or two to flwsh out the competition at camp, but I'd like to see what receivers fit in with Mahomes before making major changes.

Going off how they worked with Alex Smith tells me nothing.

Starting line is set beyond LG and this is a position I'd like to see addressed, but will have to possibly wait.

They are fine at RB with Ware coming back.

I don't think they will spend anything major today to address back up Tight End.

QB chart would be set with Mahomes, Kizer and Bray as the token vet.

Most of the attention needs to be on the bottom ranked D that's about to trade off one of its few worthwhile assets for a sack of footballs.

It's fine that you have your opinions, but the fact is Veach confirmed that we are looking for fast WR's, so clearly one will be coming in. Furthermore, how can you count on the likes of Kemp and Deiter? They've barely come off the PS. Whilst Conley looks average and may not be the same after that bad injury. It also looks like Wilson will be leaving too so I fully agree with the notion that we need another weapon at WR.

Also, we all saw what happened when Kelce went off against the Titans. The warning signs are there for all to see and it would be utterly stupid imo If we don't add a second quality TE. Yes, the defense needs a lot of attention, but that doesn't mean we should neglect the offense In the process. Let's use BOTH the draft and FA to address BOTH issues.

2.  Justin Reid,  S Stanford

Will be a day 1 starter at FS.

3.  Dorance Armstrong, DE/OLB  Kansas

Developmental edge rusher.

3.  Rasheem Green, DL  USC

Will not see the field much right away, but high poteential

4.  Kevin Toliver, CB  LSU

Development corner

4.  Kendrick Norton, DL  Miami

Standard 0 tech

6.  Chris Herndon, TE  Miami

Developmental TE that's incredibly raw and suffered from awful QB play