Denver players full of praise for Mahomes!!

Von Miller shared his thought about Pat

where he says.. "He was great, he's a quality quarterback. He came out and made some great throws".

And now Aqib Talib has spoken about Pat too HERE

“I saw enough of Patrick Mahomes to think Alex Smith is going to be a free agent next year” Talib said. “That guy can play some ball, Vic. That guy can play some ball. He’s smart. I saw him checking protections, I saw him reading the defense. We know how strong his arm is. The guy is a competitor. I think Alex Smith, he definitely might be on the market this year.”

“The guy got an AK-47 for an arm,” Talib said about Mahomes. “He can throw it wherever he wants. It doesn’t matter if he’s running left or right. He’s got a gun for an arm and it shows on the field.”

Both Von and Aqib will have seen a whole bunch of QB's in their time, so for them to be praising the kid like this must mean something. When people compared Pat to Rodgers I thought they might be going overboard. But some of those throws he made on Sunday reminded me of Aaron so much. Let's hope he can make even half of the impact that Rodgers has made at GB. 

Phatal says Pat is just a sandlotter. So who gives a shit what 2 All-Pros think.

To be fair, several HOFers hace said Alex Smith can take the Chiefs to the SB and many scoff at that notion. (Dieon Sanders and Kurt Warner said it on the NFL Network right before Christmas.) But I guess HOFers are less than All-Pros.

To be fair, several HOFers hace said Alex Smith can take the Chiefs to the SB and many scoff at that notion. (Dieon Sanders and Kurt Warner said it on the NFL Network right before Christmas.) But I guess HOFers are less than All-Pros.

No. Anyone needs to respect their opinion just as much as players that were actually on the field and saw Mahomes talent first hand.

QBs with less talent than Alex have won Super Bowls before after all. There’s zero disputing that. I just think it’s very clear that the level of QB play you get dictates how good the rest of the roster must be to make legit playoff runs. The better your QB, the better chance you have to expect playoff runs rather than hope for one.

We gave up 18 points to Pitt last Jan and lost while NE gave up 17 points the next week and won by 19 points. The images of Tyreek streaking free twice and not getting the ball either time still should haunt every Chiefs fan. I believe Alex did learn from that based on this season. Let’s see it in January and hopefully make a run. I doubt nearly anyone expects it. But Alex is good enough to believe it can happen if everything falls right.

Life’s not fair, buttercup.

If Alex plays at his peak and Andy doesn't forget that Kareem Hunt is on the roster, I don't see why they can't.

They are undefeated with a strong day from Kareem. Even with a baby crap soft D, this is the first time I've actually felt the Chiefs can win it all if they do their jobs.

To be really fair, neither Deion Sanders, nor Kurt Warner played against Alex directly (maybe Deion at the end/Alex's beginning) and I promise you when they say this it's simply by watching Highlights and Stats. That's their job... That's why I'd personally take the word of these particular all-pro's over the HoFer's.

Hopefully he'll be under center, Chiefs spent way too much time at shotgun.

I'd like to see the percentages of spread/shotgun usage this year for all teams. It's easily gotten over 50%. While time under center is needed, the spread offenses will likely remain the dominant formations. At least for a while.

Really liked hearing what Talib said, wasn't just the usual 'he's a good player, etc.'.  He actually went into detail talking about why he's good when mentioning checking protection and reading the defense which is great to hear since we already know he has a rocket launcher.

Really liked hearing what Talib said, wasn't just the usual 'he's a good player, etc.'.  He actually went into detail talking about why he's good when mentioning checking protection and reading the defense which is great to hear since we already know he has a rocket launcher.

yea thats pretty unusual for that punk ass

I'd like to see the percentages of spread/shotgun usage this year for all teams. It's easily gotten over 50%. While time under center is needed, the spread offenses will likely remain the dominant formations. At least for a while.

Smith might be around 50% but I think we'll need to focus on snaps under center in redzone. Also it would great if we can utilize the playaction more with Mahomes after rarely using it with Smith. 

As long as Mahomes is comfortable playing under center I'm fine with any formation. 

I won't take players in game over HOFers who watched the game and analyze, but I'm not going to dismiss either. Neither is above the other in my opinion, they're just different. I would take both over anyone who has not played the game, lesser players watching film only, or poor current players.

Archived