Epic Final Game for Some of the Greatest

This is the last time many Chiefs greats will play in Arrowhead. Lots of tickets available.

DJ - All time leading tackler. Ring of Honor

Hali - Second all time in sacks behind DT. Ring of Honor

Smith - All time leader in rating and completion %. Third all time in yards. with a fraction of the INTs Lenny and Trent had while being sacked more than both.

Colquit - Maybe the best punter ever.

Spiller - Most signed player. (Not confirmed)

It is the end of an era and the start of an even better one. This is a special game and I think they will play like it. I can’t wait to be there.

Welcome to the beginning of the Mahomes, Hill, Kelce, Hunt, Ragland, Peters, Jones, Berry dynasty. The big 8. Oh, and Dady of course.

This is the last time many Chiefs greats will play in Arrowhead. Lots of tickets available.

DJ - All time leading tackler. Ring of Honor

Hali - Second all time in sacks behind DT. Ring of Honor

Smith - All time leader in rating and completion %. Third all time in yards. with a fraction of the INTs Lenny and Trent had while being sacked more than both.

Colquit - Maybe the best punter ever.

Spiller - Most signed player. (Not confirmed)

It is the end of an era and the start of an even better one. This is a special game and I think they will play like it. I can’t wait to be there.

Welcome to the beginning of the Mahomes, Hill, Kelce, Hunt, Ragland, Peters, Jones, Berry dynasty. The big 8. Oh, and Dady of course.

Literally four guys I think will be in the ring of honor playing their last home game here is pretty amazing. I’ve seen every home snap every one of them has ever made (aside from occasional bathroom breaks) and nothing would be better than watching them walk off the field as victors in this last game.

I want us to play the Patriots.., Dive into their chest and rip their heart out.., They're overrated..,

Gotta beat the Titans first tho..,

Amazing story on ESPN.com right now about how the entire relationship between Brady, Kraft and Bill is now hanging by a thread. Basically says there’s a very real possibility Belichick will retire after this season in part because of being forced to trade Garapolo. And that he traded him for less than market value to spite Kraft.

Also insinuates that Brady’s breaking down physically and much more prone to not go through progressions to save himself from getting hit. And as a 40 year old you know the wall is coming fast. And then there’s this whole deal about Brady’s training techniques conflicting with Patriots training and an entire power grab going on there involving other players.

It really sounds like the Titanic is close to sinking but only people within the organization until now realize they’ve hit the iceberg.

Amazing story on ESPN.com right now about how the entire relationship between Brady, Kraft and Bill is now hanging by a thread. Basically says there’s a very real possibility Belichick will retire after this season in part because of being forced to trade Garapolo. And that he traded him for less than market value to spite Kraft.

Also insinuates that Brady’s breaking down physically and much more prone to not go through progressions to save himself from getting hit. And as a 40 year old you know the wall is coming fast. And then there’s this whole deal about Brady’s training techniques conflicting with Patriots training and an entire power grab going on there involving other players.

It really sounds like the Titanic is close to sinking but only people within the organization until now realize they’ve hit the iceberg.

That sounds like a franchise ready to implode. If B.B. was at all likely to retire, wouldn’t it make sense for them to try to run with mcdaniels? They’ve had a nice run but I’d like nothing more than to see them revert to the 5-11 6-10 days like they were prior to Bledsoe. That franchise basically sold its soul to the devil stealing the goat in the sixth round. I think Brady could play another three years if he wanted to, but I get the feeling that he’s gonna step away before that. They’ll be a franchise with no qb, and no head coach , and an entire philosophy of getting lesser players and elevating their play based on the greatness of goat Brady. It will be a glorious thing to watch , and tough for pats fans, as the dynasty winds down to dust.

Thought this was telling and makes you appreciate what Alex is doing for Mahomes:

"And Brady is famously unhelpful toward his backups -- or, at least, a threat like Garoppolo. The two quarterbacks were friendly, but Brady -- like Joe Montana to Steve Young and Brett Favre to Aaron Rodgers -- didn't see it as his role to advise Garoppolo, even on matters as trivial as footwork, as nobody had helped him during his climb."

Thought this was telling and makes you appreciate what Alex is doing for Mahomes:

"And Brady is famously unhelpful toward his backups -- or, at least, a threat like Garoppolo. The two quarterbacks were friendly, but Brady -- like Joe Montana to Steve Young and Brett Favre to Aaron Rodgers -- didn't see it as his role to advise Garoppolo, even on matters as trivial as footwork, as nobody had helped him during his climb."

. I can also add I work with a guy who tailgated next to the Mahomes family a few weeks ago and they said Alex has been sensational to Pat. Just a tremendous human being and a class act. He deserves to play well and get this win. 

So I’m understanding this correctly, neither Favre nor Montana weren’t helpful to their understudies?

So I’m understanding this correctly, neither Favre nor Montana weren’t helpful to their understudies?

correct.  they both were outspoken about how it was not their job to groom the QB behind them.  Favre was very outspoken about it. 

correct. they both were outspoken about how it was not their job to groom the QB behind them. Favre was very outspoken about it.

That comes off as selfish and spiteful. I understand as a competitor you don’t want to train your replacement, but sports are a brotherhood. You can’t play forever, so helping the next guy is the generational thing to do. If anything it adds to your legacy.

Yeah it was out there in the media quite a bit that favre pretty much refused to help rodgers and i believe i heard the same thing back in the day about montana.

That comes off as selfish and spiteful. I understand as a competitor you don’t want to train your replacement, but sports are a brotherhood. You can’t play forever, so helping the next guy is the generational thing to do. If anything it adds to your legacy.

Yeah you would think so. Personally i think its a stain on their legacy.

. I can also add I work with a guy who tailgated next to the Mahomes family a few weeks ago and they said Alex has been sensational to Pat. Just a tremendous human being and a class act. He deserves to play well and get this win.

One of the owners of SF told me the same thing about him and Kap. Said Smith scouted and mentored Kap. A true pro.

That sounds like a franchise ready to implode. If B.B. was at all likely to retire, wouldn’t it make sense for them to try to run with mcdaniels? They’ve had a nice run but I’d like nothing more than to see them revert to the 5-11 6-10 days like they were prior to Bledsoe. That franchise basically sold its soul to the devil stealing the goat in the sixth round. I think Brady could play another three years if he wanted to, but I get the feeling that he’s gonna step away before that. They’ll be a franchise with no qb, and no head coach , and an entire philosophy of getting lesser players and elevating their play based on the greatness of goat Brady. It will be a glorious thing to watch , and tough for pats fans, as the dynasty winds down to dust.

How do you STEAL a Player like Brady in the 6th Round???  a co-worker said that Brady's Football IQ was off the chart and the pats thought about that long before anyone else did or he would have gone much earlier

Archived