Gruden to be hired on Tuesday

Desperate times calls for desperate measures. Carr has potential that possibly has not been tapped into correctly. Gruden is an Oakland legend and tand an offensive mind. They are going into a new market so need to make a splash. 10 years 100 mil Mark Davis is putting all his eggs in one basket,, his dad would be proud 

i am not surprised at all by this...i mean it is the raiders and so it is the raider way...

Que the raider fans that are already making plans for the super bowl next year

this part of the article is hilarious:

The NFL on Friday said the Raiders have complied with the Rooney Rule in their coaching search.

"We believe the Rooney Rule was complied with. Minority candidates were interviewed,"

NFL executive vice president of communications Joe Lockhart said during a conference call Friday.

"We'll see what decision they make."

They were 12-4 last year and made the playoffs, so it's not like they've been completely down in the dumps and will all of a sudden explode into greatness because of Gruden. We've got a young, talented team whose priority right now is to stop Pats/Pitt and win the SB. And IMO if we add the right pieces this offseason then we're just gonna get even better. So I don't think we should be concerned with what Oakland do tbh.

i am not surprised at all by this...i mean it is the raiders and so it is the raider way...

The NFL on Friday said the Raiders have complied with the Rooney Rule in their coaching search.

"We believe the Rooney Rule was complied with. Minority candidates were interviewed,"

NFL executive vice president of communications Joe Lockhart said during a conference call Friday.

So stupid. Everyone with a pulse knew who the raiders wanted. Why would a coach want to be the token black guy so they can fulfill some bullshit idea that forcing a guy to be interviewed based on his race? It’s insulting to other coaches.

surprised you forgot this wilkie..

In 1987, he was acquired by the Kansas City Chiefs to play outside linebacker, reuniting him with former Saints defensive coordinator John Paul Young. He started 9 games at right outside linebacker in his first season with the team and 10 games at left outside linebacker in 1988, while registering 77 tackles. He was released on August 29, 1989.[11]

During the 1987 season, the NFL players went on strike. Throughout the strike, Del Rio, who was still new to the Chiefs, and teammates picketed outside of Arrowhead stadium and were vigilantly watching for replacement players attempting to enter the facility. Del Rio mistakenly mistook former Chiefs wide receiver Otis Taylor for a replacement player and assaulted him. At the time, Taylor was a scout for the Chiefs organization and had been retired for 12 years. Chiefs fans who came across the assault told Del Rio that Taylor was actually an 11-year veteran and legend in the Kansas City Chiefs organization. Taylor would later press charges and the two would settle out of court.[12]

So stupid. Everyone with a pulse knew who the raiders wanted. Why would a coach want to be the token black guy so they can fulfill some bullshit idea that forcing a guy to be interviewed based on his race? It’s insulting to other coaches.

The Rooney Rule also puts black coaches infront of folks who might not even think about them should a coaching role/job come up in the future. Therefore though they'd clearly made their decision a long time ago, giving a black coach an interview is not a bad thing imo.

The Rooney Rule also puts black coaches infront of folks who might not even think about them should a coaching role/job come up in the future. Therefore though they'd clearly made their decision a long time ago, giving a black coach an interview is not a bad thing imo.

It’s not a bad thing it’s just stupid circumstances. How would you like to be the guy that’s being the black guy that’s being interviewed because of a rule and not because you’re being considered?

surprised you forgot this wilkie..

In 1987, he was acquired by the Kansas City Chiefs to play outside linebacker, reuniting him with former Saints defensive coordinator John Paul Young. He started 9 games at right outside linebacker in his first season with the team and 10 games at left outside linebacker in 1988, while registering 77 tackles. He was released on August 29, 1989.[11]

During the 1987 season, the NFL players went on strike. Throughout the strike, Del Rio, who was still new to the Chiefs, and teammates picketed outside of Arrowhead stadium and were vigilantly watching for replacement players attempting to enter the facility. Del Rio mistakenly mistook former Chiefs wide receiver Otis Taylor for a replacement player and assaulted him. At the time, Taylor was a scout for the Chiefs organization and had been retired for 12 years. Chiefs fans who came across the assault told Del Rio that Taylor was actually an 11-year veteran and legend in the Kansas City Chiefs organization. Taylor would later press charges and the two would settle out of court.[12]

What a moron. I can’t believe he did that.

It’s not a bad thing it’s just stupid circumstances. How would you like to be the guy that’s being the black guy that’s being interviewed because of a rule and not because you’re being considered?

The only positives I can think of is that you can cite it as having interest around the league and that team cannot really deny it. So it's like something you put on your resume. I would rather be considered than not, but when that coach is applying for another job down the road, it could possibly help that he's had other interviews. Without the Rooney rule, the interview were never even taken place. So for the specific job and I know that it can be later discounted, it's insulting. But I guess you make lemonade?

Not to mention insulting for the minority coach who knows his interview is only to check a box.

On the flip side the minority does not have to follow thru with an interview if he already knows it is just to put a checkmark in a box but they may just want to get their face and name out there like Mischief maker stated...but it is a stupid rule that has never been strongly enforced

Forcing an organization to interview minority coaches is stupid.

Political discussion but if an owner wants to sabatoge his own team by narrowing his coaching searches to only white people, that's his problem. But there's no reason to force him to interview anyone. 

Not to mention insulting for the minority coach who knows his interview is only to check a box.

Too bad they cannot have all minority coaches refuse in unison to interview and then Gruden could not be hired. Just kidding. I, of course, I am kidding because no one is going to state that they know that they're not going to be hired because they are not competent for the job.

Actually,  although a Cowboy,   didn't Del Rio play briefly for the Chiefs as well?

SMH.. Yea Wilkie he's the one that beat up Otis Taylor in the strike year thinking he was a scab..  Come on Man!!!!  Thats Dino Hackett standing behind OT

https://www.silverandblackpride.com/2017/9/28/16379642/30-years-ago-this-week-jack-del-rio-mistakenly-beat-up-a-chiefs-legend

Archived