Game Thread

3-0 won turnover margin. 21-3 at half. 11-41 Hunts carries. Not stopping a 3rd and 10 run with 1:50 left and a timeout. We would have had 1:30-1:40 left only needing a FG. When every metric tells you that you should easily win the game and yet you lose something needs to be done. That is a cancerous loss. Heads need to roll this offseason and we should have the money to replace the issues on both sides of the ball. IMO this was worse than the Indy loss.

Worst loss in franchise history. This wasn’t a back and forth game, we had complete control and totally melted down. This game should’ve been a 20 point win.

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For once, I would like to see fans post what they actually saw, facts not what they believe they saw.

Like Andy calling plays, why do you believe that, because the offense went vanilla or because he had a play sheet in his hand, or because it was said in a press conference or you were on the sidelines listening in on the comms.

Please for once, come with FACTS not opinion. I know I know fan board, fans are allowed to bitch about their team.

For once, I would like to see fans post what they actually saw, facts not what they believe they saw.

Like Andy calling plays, why do you believe that, because the offense went vanilla or because he had a play sheet in his hand, or because it was said in a press conference or you were on the sidelines listening in on the comms.

Please for once, come with FACTS not opinion. I know I know fan board, fans are allowed to bitch about their team.

I saw Reid with the playcard in his hand, and covering his mouth. I've been watching the NFL for awhile now and that's a common practice I've seen from offensive coordinators and head coaches who call plays. This is what I actually saw.

You are right, no one knows exactly how things go down. I don't believe Andy Reid totally stripped Nagy of play-calling, but from the outside, it looked like he took over on some plays or had some influence. I've been watching the Chiefs enough since he's been coaching to see his influence. You may not believe that, but that's what I see. 

I like Andy Reid, and from the outside, he seems like a nice dude. However I'm not sure he will ever get the Chiefs anywhere. 

The fans deserve so much better than this crap. This team has good players at skill positions. But the defense is old and soft. Oline is inconsistent. No point in ragging on Alex because he is gone.

Congrats Chiefs on blowing a big lead and losing to an inferior team. You suck!

I saw Reid with the playcard in his hand, and covering his mouth. I've been watching the NFL for awhile now and that's a common practice I've seen from offensive coordinators and head coaches who call plays. This is what I actually saw.

You are right, no one knows exactly how things go down. I don't believe Andy Reid totally stripped Nagy of play-calling, but from the outside, it looked like he took over on some plays or had some influence. I've been watching the Chiefs enough since he's been coaching to see his influence. You may not believe that, but that's what I see.

I like Andy Reid, and from the outside, he seems like a nice dude. However I'm not sure he will ever get the Chiefs anywhere.

That looked exactly like an Andy Reid called game. Invisible running back- screens galore, West for whatever reason, shotgun after shotgun, piss fucking poor.

That looked exactly like an Andy Reid called game. Invisible running back- screens galore, West for whatever reason, shotgun after shotgun, piss fucking poor.

The game has past him up as a play-caller. Great schemer and coach. Needs to just do that.

The game has past him up as a play-caller. Great schemer and coach. Needs to just do that.

I mean really, West was on the field, in the playoffs, during crunch time? Dude should Have had 5 plays the whole game. Too busy calling plays to coach his team. He should be watching what’s going on and yelling at Sutton.

I mean really, West was on the field, in the playoffs, during crunch time? Dude should Have had 5 plays the whole game. Too busy calling plays to coach his team. He should be watching what’s going on and yelling at Sutton.

Oh Reid and Sutton have gotten into a power trip more than once this season. Sutton will be held accountable

Hunt needs to step,in and tell Andy to get a fuckin OC and let him do his job.

Titans played a smash mouth type game just like the Steelers did against us. Exactly the same. How come these high priced coaches can’t see that coming. Reid again out coached.

Like we said Holmes Chiefs match up well against other finesse teams a la NE. Struggle against the Pitts, TN's, & Jacksonville.

Worst loss in franchise history. This wasn’t a back and forth game, we had complete control and totally melted down. This game should’ve been a 20 point win.

reminded me of the loss vs denver when Derrick Thomas lost his cool

total meltdown

reminded me of the loss vs denver when Derrick Thomas lost his cool

total meltdown

Monday Night meltdown.  Sometime last year shannon sharpe was talking about that, said that he and dt were actually really good friends, but when they played against each other he tried to get in his head.  Sharpe said he kept saying things to the effect of "I'm fucking your girlfriend" and DT just lost it.  Interesting to hear Sharpe tell it.

The 2005 defense was actually not bad.

Smith needs to be gone, Sutton needs to be gone.

I'm mixed on Reid, he's obviously got HUGE flaws but he's still be a huge net positive for this team for the last five years.  Maybe if Clark forced him to structure things differently (e.g., a play-calling OC) we could get the best of all worlds.

The 2005 defense was actually not bad.

Smith needs to be gone, Sutton needs to be gone.

I'm mixed on Reid, he's obviously got HUGE flaws but he's still be a huge net positive for this team for the last five years.  Maybe if Clark forced him to structure things differently (e.g., a play-calling OC) we could get the best of all worlds.

I agree with this post.   If Dick Vermeil and CP had drafted even slightly well on D we would have beat Indy and possibly made our first SB.   You don't get those opportunities every year.   We missed an opportunity this year as the Patriot Dynasty is slipping and the Steelers are banged up.   

I feel exactly like you about Reid.  He's an overall net positive but these loses are happening far to frequently and we look far to inconsistent.   If this happens again next year I think Clark pulls the plug.  You can't keep giving opportunities to a guy who might not be able to get it done.  Its been 10 years since he won more than 2 games in the postseason.   

Archived