Justin Houston

I will say our front 4 (and I know Chris Jones got hurt, but even before that) is down right pathetic.   I'm not so sure we utilize him more effectively by mixing him in and out of protection.   He is still a very good player but he's not worth that massive salary.  I think we could cut him/force him to reneg after next year without too big a hit.   I don't think that is necessary.  However I do think finding someone opposite him along with CB should be our top priority this offseason.

Houston is just another cautionary tale for not signing a non-QB to a $100+ million contract. Anyone in football is too easily injured, and his career went down after they misdiagnosed the extent of the ligament injury. He isn’t Von Miller special as a rusher but is a well rounded player. The main problem is we kept Hali too long and Dee Ford was a bust.

Houston is a very very good all around linebacker. He’s not the pass rusher he once was but he has a very well rounded game. The problem is all around linebackers don’t get 9 figure contracts. Without the sacks and the qb pressures he’s overpaid. That fact is only exasperated by the cold hard fact that this team has no other pass rushers. He’s a great player to have but his contract is going to hurt for a while.

I love DJs heart, like Berry, but it's time to retire. I tore my Achilles in June, I have worked very hard to get back where I was prior to the tear and am still not 100%. He has had two and at 35. Too much to come back from. Berry not sure ge will ever come back 100% either. The D is going to need a lot of work next year.

I love DJs heart, like Berry, but it's time to retire. I tore my Achilles in June, I have worked very hard to get back where I was prior to the tear and am still not 100%. He has had two and at 35. Too much to come back from. Berry not sure ge will ever come back 100% either. The D is going to need a lot of work next year.

Yeah I don't see any way we can bring DJ back.  Hopefully he retires and makes it easy on everyone because he was an amazing player.   

I have felt that if Justin Houston rushes the passer too much a game he breaks down and is soon to be on IR.  so KC is paying an average LB  elite LB cash.  

KC's offensive line was putrid.  

KC's defensive line was putrid.  

KC's first half performance was reminiscent of the first 5 games.

KC's second half performance was reminiscent of games 6-11.  absolutely confusing play calls and execution and couldn't stop a high school team.

Dude stop with the Peters shit! He's the first that needs to be run out of town. Did he play well today yes but is he a head case? You bet your ass!! He's not great and can be beat often!!

You're dead fucking wrong

Dude stop with the Peters shit! He's the first that needs to be run out of town. Did he play well today yes but is he a head case? You bet your ass!! He's not great and can be beat often!!

With the exception of his "sometimes questionable attitude" I believe he is a very good player. Can't tackle but then again neither could Sanders or very many CBs today, I guess their job is to defend passes and run guys out of bounds. Also I really hate the fact that some of these CBs only play on one side, hey if your supposed to be the best on a team you should be going with the best receiver on the field.

Archived