And that’s why

Today was the epitome of Alex and what he can and can’t do. When things are going great he sails. When things get rough, stuff isn’t working and you need someone to step up and make a play, he panics in the pocket and tries to scramble and gets sacked. He is what he is, a slightly above average qb who can manage the game, but can’t transcend when the game and season are on the line. His second half performance was crap , and before we cite drops, I’m pretty sure Hill was the only true drop in the second half. Alex just flat out didn’t get it done

The good news - Alex is over. Bring on Pat! See y’all in April.

If they did the unthinkable and brought back Alex next year, that would really turn off a lot of fans. This franchise has won three playoff games in my lifetime. Obviously what we have now isn’t working and if Mahomes isn’t starting next year I’ll likely check out for a season.

If they did the unthinkable and brought back Alex next year, that would really turn off a lot of fans. This franchise has won three playoff games in my lifetime. Obviously what we have now isn’t working and if Mahomes isn’t starting next year I’ll likely check out for a season.

I’m the last person to do this but I wouldn’t watch a single game if he was our QB

I’m the last person to do this but I wouldn’t watch a single game if he was our QB

That’s where a lot of people are. We’ve seen Alex’s ceiling, and it’s the ceiling of a housing with vaulted ceilings. It’s time to see if Mahomes ceiling is the Vatican. Nothing would be more offputting as a fan than another year of Alex smith when you have the golden boy waiting in the wings.

This is just a comical post...I have roughly 65 nfl media people on my twitter account...NOT ONE is putting this on Alex...in fact, many are going out of their way to say Alex is the LAST person to blame this loss on...we get it...you don’t like Alex...but you really need to be realistic every once in awhile. This loss is on SO many people...2nd half playcalling, a defense that allowed 18 pets in the 2nd half...referees that called back TWO fumbles due to forward progress and allowed a TD to be thrown two yards in front of the LOS...the fact that 6 of 9 of Alex’s incomplete passes were drops. Losing your all pro TE due to an illegal hit, losing your 2nd he’s pass rusher to injury...limiting your NFL leading runningback to 5 carries in the 2nd half. missing a 38 yd FG... I’m sure I can go on...

Most teams would kill for a QB like Alex has played this year...I know I’ll never change your minds...but there is bias and there is flat out brainwashing...you all have your wish, he’s gone...it’s gonna be great watching you all find a new scapegoat when Mahomes has to deal with the same inept coaching staff that Alex has had...

This is just a comical post...I have roughly 65 nfl media people on my twitter account...NOT ONE is putting this on Alex...in fact, many are going out of their way to say Alex is the LAST person to blame this loss on...we get it...you don’t like Alex...but you really need to be realistic every once in awhile. This loss is on SO many people...2nd half playcalling, a defense that allowed 18 pets in the 2nd half...referees that called back TWO fumbles due to forward progress and allowed a TD to be thrown two yards in front of the LOS...the fact that 6 of 9 of Alex’s incomplete passes were drops. Losing your all pro TE due to an illegal hit, losing your 2nd he’s pass rusher to injury...limiting your NFL leading runningback to 5 carries in the 2nd half. missing a 38 yd FG... I’m sure I can go on...

Most teams would kill for a QB like Alex has played this year...I know I’ll never change your minds...but there is bias and there is flat out brainwashing...you all have your wish, he’s gone...it’s gonna be great watching you all find a new scapegoat when Mahomes has to deal with the same inept coaching staff that Alex has had...

Exactly....Yes Mahomes will be fun to watch. Second half proved KC is outcoached. The culture of CHOKING WILL REMAIN AS LONG AS REID IS IN CHARGE. ITS THE CHIEFS WAY. 

I'm mad at Reid right now, but as much as I like Smith; I'm very excited to see what Mahomes can do next year.  I even wondered how Mahomes would have done in this game. 

Results will be the same but more entertaining. Lose 51-to 50 instead. REID is a CHOKE.

Alex didn’t lose the game, but he sure as heck didn’t win it in the second half. Our only legit scoring chance came off a muffed punt. Alex killed drives by panic running in the pocket and refused to throw into mild coverage as usual. Everyone in the media enamoured with Alex all year must have forgotten the dismal losing streak with zero offense. We saw Mahomes make Albert Wilson look like a star last week. Alex never makes anyone better. That alone should give us some hope for Mahomes.

Results will be the same but more entertaining. Lose 51-to 50 instead. REID is a CHOKE.

I hope you're wrong, but not sure if you are. At this point I just have to roll with it. You never know, Mahomes may be the right fit for whatever Reid wants to do, and it may work out.  

Alex didn’t lose the game, but he sure as heck didn’t win it in the second half. Our only legit scoring chance came off a muffed punt. Alex killed drives by panic running in the pocket and refused to throw into mild coverage as usual. Everyone in the media enamoured with Alex all year must have forgotten the dismal losing streak with zero offense. We saw Mahomes make Albert Wilson look like a star last week. Alex never makes anyone better. That alone should give us some hope for Mahomes.

This. Muffed punt and we go 3 and out lose 2 yards.

They always protect him, he went back to seeing ghosts, sacking himself and making bad throws. The third down right before we failed on fourth was a classic example of him panicking when he had a clean pocket. He threw for 40 yards in the second half, what are we a wishbone team? That’s on the QB with his scared play. That ends with Mahomes finally.

Alex doesn't get to be blamed for this loss. Thus is all about our coaching philosophy all around. Reid has no balls...the moment he's up 10 points we go into a shell game. At the half, all we threw were plays within 5 yards of the LOS. Then add our prevent defense philosophy and playing our corners off 10 yards.

This type of football is obsolete and cannot win in this modern era. He is Marty 2.0 but passes instead of runs the ball. Won't ever win.

What is going to happen when we see the exact same thing with Pat Mahommes? Up by 10 and just play horizontal ball and keep losing? The pattern will repeat

Hunt -1, Hill -1 and Smith 1. Should have ran the ball more. When Kelce went out the Titans D only had focus on Hunt and Hill.

The Hill -1 was a check down from Smith throwing to Hill who was 5 yards behind the LOS and not even part of the play, the Smith 1 yarder was him panicking and leaving the pocket early as usual.

The Hill -1 was a check down from Smith throwing to Hill who was 5 yards behind the LOS and not even part of the play, the Smith 1 yarder was him panicking and leaving the pocket early as usual.

Don't disagree but who was open down field when Smith dumped it off? I don't believe anyone was. Also the line sort of forgot how to block in the second half.

Don't disagree but who was open down field when Smith dumped it off? I don't believe anyone was. Also the line sort of forgot how to block in the second half.

The all-22 usually shows us people were open and Alex dropped his eyes, we’ve seen this story a million times

The all-22 usually shows us people were open and Alex dropped his eyes, we’ve seen this story a million times

I'm from Missouri, so when an NFL QB shows me that Smith had an opened receiver and should have seen and hit him I will buy it. But if an analyst or fan who have never been in that position tells me he should have done something differently sorry if I don't buy it. It's like the person who has never been in combat saying he would have done X, Y or Z in the face of danger.

The difference between Alex and most QBs is Alex doesn’t throw to marginally covered WRs most of the time. There is a difference between no one being open and Alex not throwing to an open window / space where a guy could make a play. Sure, Alex doesn’t turn it over often but he also generates hardly any PI calls and rarely gives his WRs a real chance in the middle of the field. If it isn’t perfect, majority of the time he checks down, scrambles, or throws it away. Mahomes showed in preseason and last week he isn’t afraid to throw in those windows with marginally covered WRs.

Archived