And that’s why

The difference between Alex and most QBs is Alex doesn’t throw to marginally covered WRs most of the time. There is a difference between no one being open and Alex not throwing to an open window / space where a guy could make a play. Sure, Alex doesn’t turn it over often but he also generates hardly any PI calls and rarely gives his WRs a real chance in the middle of the field. If it isn’t perfect, majority of the time he checks down, scrambles, or throws it away. Mahomes showed in preseason and last week he isn’t afraid to throw in those windows with marginally covered WRs.

As I’ve often said about Alex , the problem with him is the plays he doesn’t make.

I'm from Missouri, so when an NFL QB shows me that Smith had an opened receiver and should have seen and hit him I will buy it. But if an analyst or fan who have never been in that position tells me he should have done something differently sorry if I don't buy it. It's like the person who has never been in combat saying he would have done X, Y or Z in the face of danger.

Wrong analogy, I’m not saying I could find an open WR, I’m saying week in and week out the overhead shot which anyone can see someone was open, whether you are 5 years old or a pro QB.

I respectfully disagree.  the Chiefs offensive line, play calling etc went into the shitter 2nd half. Just like it did weeks 6-11.  

KC's offensive line is offensively bad.  Tennessee beat them time and time again with the same blitzes.  

No Kelce the middle of the field was ignored.

Anyone catch why Robinson was MIA for most of the 2nd half?

Wrong analogy, I’m not saying I could find an open WR, I’m saying week in and week out the overhead shot which anyone can see someone was open, whether you are 5 years old or a pro QB.

My point is, it's easy to see these things from the comfort of the lazy boy chair watching on the big screen TV. However, get behind a line of 6'+ lineman with 300+lbs defenders bearing down on you in the heat of the moment and tell me you can sit there survey the entire field and decide that the WR down the field will magically break free of his defender, one he hasn't beaten all game, and throw it to him. If you can honestly say you have done that before I will be impressed. That's why I like to hear from those who have been there and done that versus those who have seen this and never done it. Those who can do, those who can't are called fans and yes I am a fan myself just not as critical of those who do.

It all looks easy from the cheap seats its not as easy in real life.

My point is, it's easy to see these things from the comfort of the lazy boy chair watching on the big screen TV. However, get behind a line of 6'+ lineman with 300+lbs defenders bearing down on you in the heat of the moment and tell me you can sit there survey the entire field and decide that the WR down the field will magically break free of his defender, one he hasn't beaten all game, and throw it to him. If you can honestly say you have done that before I will be impressed. That's why I like to hear from those who have been there and done that versus those who have seen this and never done it. Those who can do, those who can't are called fans and yes I am a fan myself just not as critical of those who do.

It all looks easy from the cheap seats its not as easy in real life.

That’s why I’m ready for Mahomes, we know Alex can’t do it, doesn’t matter if he’s a better QB than us fans.

That’s why I’m ready for Mahomes, we know Alex can’t do it, doesn’t matter if he’s a better QB than us fans.

We don't know Mahomes can do it either. We have seen him play against backups, yes Denver's team last week was already off to the off-season. If Mahomes, doesn't take the Chiefs to the Championship game within lets say 5 years, same amount of time as Smith had, are you going to blame Mahomes or the coaching staff, whether Reid is here or not?

We don't know Mahomes can do it either. We have seen him play against backups, yes Denver's team last week was already off to the off-season. If Mahomes, doesn't take the Chiefs to the Championship game within lets say 5 years, same amount of time as Smith had, are you going to blame Mahomes or the coaching staff, whether Reid is here or not?

We had backups in, Denver had starters in. They weren’t sitting back letting a rookie show them up, he showed more composure than Alex did today. We can use Alex’s $20 million or whatever it is he would get next year to fix other positions (pass rush, another WR) which is the extra benefit of playing Mahomes.

Yes if we don’t make a championship game in the next 5 years it will be time to blow it all up.

We had backups in, Denver had starters in. They weren’t sitting back letting a rookie show them up, he showed more composure than Alex did today. We can use Alex’s $20 million or whatever it is he would get next year to fix other positions (pass rush, another WR) which is the extra benefit of playing Mahomes.

Yes if we don’t make a championship game in the next 5 years it will be time to blow it all up.

Go back and see how many full time starters for Denver were in there. Players were rotating in and out in that game and not like normal. Young guys were in there about the 2nd quarter on. I am not saying Mahomes will do well in KC I am just saying he hasn't proven it in a so called meaningful game. As I have said, I don't care who the player or the coach is, if the team wins I am happy so if Smith is playing or if Mahomes is playing if they win I am happy, if they lose I am still a Chiefs fan.

I respectfully disagree. the Chiefs offensive line, play calling etc went into the shitter 2nd half. Just like it did weeks 6-11.

KC's offensive line is offensively bad. Tennessee beat them time and time again with the same blitzes.

No Kelce the middle of the field was ignored.

Anyone catch why Robinson was MIA for most of the 2nd half?

Did you watch the Denver game last week? Mahomes had guys like Cam Erving blocking Von Miller and co. And still delivered dimes.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.diehards.com/texas-tech/former-pro-bowl-cornerback-calls-patrick-mahomes-real-deal/amp

Go back and see how many full time starters for Denver were in there. Players were rotating in and out in that game and not like normal. Young guys were in there about the 2nd quarter on. I am not saying Mahomes will do well in KC I am just saying he hasn't proven it in a so called meaningful game. As I have said, I don't care who the player or the coach is, if the team wins I am happy so if Smith is playing or if Mahomes is playing if they win I am happy, if they lose I am still a Chiefs fan.

The starters played most of the game he was torching whoever with scrubs in front of him and way worse protection than Alex got today and no Hill, no Kelce and No Hunt after that TD.    No one is saying they can do it better.  But if you watch the ALL22 you see guys running open and Alex doesn't see them because he is looking down because he has terrible pocket presence.  Go back and watch Mahomes all game, he was getting pressured all game long but his eyes were always down field and his pocket presence was really good.   Now, he might be a bust but Alex Smith isn't morphing into anything more than what he is and this year was his ceiling.   With all that said He isn't the sole or even the main reason we lost.  However 61 yards of offense in the 2nd half is really bad and He is a major reason for that.  Pretty sure at this point in his career he could have told Andy/Nagy we should be doing X,Y, run Hunt more...  If He can't do that or isn't given that ability then thats all the more reason we should thank him for his time here and look forward to Mahomes.

The starters played most of the game he was torching whoever with scrubs in front of him and way worse protection than Alex got today and no Hill, no Kelce and No Hunt after that TD. No one is saying they can do it better. But if you watch the ALL22 you see guys running open and Alex doesn't see them because he is looking down because he has terrible pocket presence. Go back and watch Mahomes all game, he was getting pressured all game long but his eyes were always down field and his pocket presence was really good. Now, he might be a bust but Alex Smith isn't morphing into anything more than what he is and this year was his ceiling. With all that said He isn't the sole or even the main reason we lost. However 61 yards of offense in the 2nd half is really bad and He is a major reason for that. Pretty sure at this point in his career he could have told Andy/Nagy we should be doing X,Y, run Hunt more... If He can't do that or isn't given that ability then thats all the more reason we should thank him for his time here and look forward to Mahomes.

The all 22 in the 2nd half may not be pretty folks.

I did see Von Miller rushing Mahomes during the last drive where he led us to the game winning FG, on his incredible throw I saw Denver’s starting defensive backs in there as well. He took our backups against Denver’s starters and marched down the field for the game winning FG. That gives me hope, more than Alex with our starters against one of the worse pass defenses in the NFL and him falling on his face and barely getting to midfield to try to win the game.

Archived