61 yards of of offense in 2nd half

It started immediately after we went up 14-0. For some strange reason Alex and Andy don't like going up by 3 scores. We just don't have that killer instinct. I hope Mahomes does...

Andy doesn’t. He freaking put Bray in only up 14 last week. Andy is a freaking stay puffed marshmallow man.

Alex is a yes man, he's going run whatever play is called. This loss is on Reid...he quits after he scores. I'm surprised he has more than one child...figured he'd quit getting laid after scoring once.

He’s not calling check down plays, when the offense does a 180 that is on the qb, we have seen this a ton of times before and hopefully for the last time.

He’s not calling check down plays, when the offense does a 180 that is on the qb, we have seen this a ton of times before and hopefully for the last time.

So Alex was checking down, which I get , but we also weren’t stretching the field. There were plenty of designed screens in there. You also don’t help your qb when you put west in the backfield. There’s no threat to run. Speculation, but I think Andy went full turtle and Alex followed suit. It became a game of don’t screw up and we got this, and that’s on both of them. The last 4th down was extremely maddening. We hadn’t tried to stretch the field all day. It’s 4th and 9 in a 1 point game, a first down puts you in fg range, and we throw a deep ball to Albert Wilson with a safety over the top, essentially making it double coverage? That was just mind boggling. Did we think a 5’9 receiver was gonna get a jump ball? Which brings us to the next problem , Reid and his scat backs. 5’8-5’9 receivers who played rb in college. Time to get a couple of big bodies.

So Alex was checking down, which I get , but we also weren’t stretching the field. There were plenty of designed screens in there. You also don’t help your qb when you put west in the backfield. There’s no threat to run. Speculation, but I think Andy went full turtle and Alex followed suit. It became a game of don’t screw up and we got this, and that’s on both of them. The last 4th down was extremely maddening. We hadn’t tried to stretch the field all day. It’s 4th and 9 in a 1 point game, a first down puts you in fg range, and we throw a deep ball to Albert Wilson with a safety over the top, essentially making it double coverage? That was just mind boggling. Did we think a 5’9 receiver was gonna get a jump ball? Which brings us to the next problem , Reid and his scat backs. 5’8-5’9 receivers who played rb in college. Time to get a couple of big bodies.

I think I put it somewhere else but you have to wonder if Reid is calling plays to his QB strength when killing the clock. Alex is conservative, so conservative calls. I guess we will see what calls Mahomes gets

I'm sure it was Smiths fault that Hunt didn't get the ball as well.

I'm not a Smith homer by any means, but I don't put this all on him. This is back to play calling...watch every game we get a lead in and you will see the distinct pattern of us shutting down and playing not to lose. It destroys rythm, confidence, and turns things cold...next thing you know they are needing to score and totally out of sync. Every damn game

I'm sure it was Smiths fault that Hunt didn't get the ball as well.

I'm not a Smith homer by any means, but I don't put this all on him. This is back to play calling...watch every game we get a lead in and you will see the distinct pattern of us shutting down and playing not to lose. It destroys rythm, confidence, and turns things cold...next thing you know they are needing to score and totally out of sync. Every damn game

Here’s the thing, they’re going to call the plays based on what defense gives. If they stacked the box, Alex won’t and shouldn’t check out of it, he needs to beat that with him arm. Plus this defense is atrocious in pass defense, we should have thrown all over them.

Here’s the thing, they’re going to call the plays based on what defense gives. If they stacked the box, Alex won’t and shouldn’t check out of it, he needs to beat that with him arm. Plus this defense is atrocious in pass defense, we should have thrown all over them.

Alex’s big numbers in the first half were guys taking short throws and ripping off yac. How many came on the two yard pass that hill took for a huge game? Today he made all the easy throws and relied on yac. There’s nothing wrong with that but when crunch time hits you gotta do more. The third down pocket panic was the drive killer, effectively ending the game.

Alex’s big numbers in the first half were guys taking short throws and ripping off yac. How many came on the two yard pass that hill took for a huge game? Today he made all the easy throws and relied on yac. There’s nothing wrong with that but when crunch time hits you gotta do more. The third down pocket panic was the drive killer, effectively ending the game.

That was the play where I yelled ‘This is why you are finished in KC’, it was the epitome of his play with us

So why the screen passes which in essence are Andy Reid runs?   Doesn't make sense.  We were killing them with intermediate throws pushing the ball downfield in the first half so they adjust to stack the box????  They went zone and we played right into their hands like we do vs the Steelers.  We abandoned the run and play action and well full on retard.   2018 wash rinse and repeat.  Mahomes will have the ability and talent and Andy Reid will literally turtle that gunslinger right out of him.   This loss put such a damper on the offseason and hope of next year because we will win lots of games, get our hope up and then have to overcome our HC to win a Playoff game.  We literally have to have a far superior team to our opponent to even have a chance to win because we are a non aggressive finesse team.   3rd and 1 tonight and we run a option play because we can man up and get a yard with the most elusive back in the NFL.   Up hill both ways boys!

That was the play where I yelled ‘This is why you are finished in KC’, it was the epitome of his play with us

Yup. It was a microcosm if Alex the qb. It’s the ceiling that kept him locked down. He wasn’t the primary reason we lost, but he can’t find a new jersey fast enough.

Yup. It was a microcosm if Alex the qb. It’s the ceiling that kept him locked down. He wasn’t the primary reason we lost, but he can’t find a new jersey fast enough.

How about that little dosey-doe 3rd and 1 where Alex tucked it and got smashed at the LOS. Lmao same play Reid called last year against TN when Ware was in the game. Little fake option toss which resulted in a Succop game winning FG. That's full turtle folks.

How about that little dosey-doe 3rd and 1 where Alex tucked it and got smashed at the LOS. Lmao same play Reid called last year against TN when Ware was in the game. Little fake option toss which resulted in a Succop game winning FG. That's full turtle folks.

Yup. Honestly I’m glad it’s over. If there was even a .00001 chance that living to play another week only to lose to ne could have them considering bringing Alex back , this loss was worth it.

But we are going to blame the defense after giving up 3 first half points. Which should have been zero.

Defense was stellar in the 1st half. Defensively we should not let an inexperienced team like TN put up 19 in the 2nd half. Their offense has been abysmal throughout December.

But we are going to blame the defense after giving up 3 first half points. Which should have been zero.

If the offense had done it’s job the defense never would’ve been in the position to get gashed on the ground or give up that last play. The offense laid an egg after two early tds. The final 3 quarters were putrid.

Defense was stellar in the 1st half. Defensively we should not let an inexperienced team like TN put up 19 in the 2nd half. Their offense has been abysmal throughout December.

We just kept giving it back my friend. The defense was gassed

Archived