I felt it in my blood

And yall can see it in the predictions thread. Every single f#cking reporter, tv analyst, chiefs podcast personalities etc were saying that this will be a blowout for the Chiefs, and it made me feel so uncomfortable because I didn't think this team handles the "favorites" tag very well. We saw it midseason when we contrived to lose the Giants, Jets and Bills. And we saw it last season several times too. Tonight was merely the icing on the cake. 

Something had better change quickly. Because it will get to the point where our players could inherit that "chokers" tag and not be able to let it go. Yes, a new dawn is starting with Pat now, but lots of other questions needs to be asked now about what direction the entire organization want to go in. Reid needs to be questioned, did he take over the play calling in the second half? And if so, Hunt needs to make it clear to him that that will be the last game he calls plays in. Secondly, this should be Sutton's last game with the Chiefs. There's a reason no other teams are remotely interested in taking him, and that's because he's not very good. This years performance by the defense has been shambolic and we should never stop aspiring to create a defense that can be as celebrated as the Jaggs's one is right now. 

In closing though devastated right now, I believe this could be a blessing in disguise. Losing now means the key figures in the front office and ownership cannot paper over the cracks. If we would have won and then lost to the Pats then people will have said "oh well we lost to the best team in the league". But that cannot be said now, so now some soul searching, and a big overhaul will need to happen in this offseason, and I look forward to seeing that because deep in my heart I was never convinced that we had a team that would be good enough to go all the way anyway. Alex just isn't good enough and neither was the defense. But with Pat in there, and if we build a solid defense with a DC who knows what he's doing, then yes, we should have a realistic chance of doing much better than this. 

I don’t disagree with you, but come on, this franchise has been saying the same shit with different people for a quarter century now. Nothing ever changes with this team except the cast.

The key could be Mahomes. IF he turns out to be as good as we all hope, then surely we will go further than this?

Archived