Changes or Nothing will Change

I never want to see anyone lose their job but I agree it is time for him to go. Another issue, one that I have fought for years, is ownership. I know the Hunts did a lot for KC. I know Clark wants to win a SB. I believe though that like Andy, the Hunt family are just too nice to be in the NFL. As mentioned elsewhere BB and Tomlin and many others are ruthless and their owners are just as ruthless. When Jerry Jones bought the Cowboys he shit canned an icon and brought in a ruthless coach and the won SBs. As much as we all hate Oakland and Denver they have won several SBs and not on the backs of nice guys. Very rarely do nice guys in the NFL when SBs this includes their owners.

Until Clark, grows a pair and starts eating his young the Chiefs under this leadership will probably never win a SB. I know, Clarks not going anywhere but I really do hope he shakes some things up.

Clark grows a pair? WTF are you taking about? Hunt had repeatedly attempted to go out and get the best guys he can. Pioli was the hottest and most expensive name out there and Hunt made it happen. That failed, so he went out and got one of the most successful coaches in the game and a hot up and comer in Dorsey who I think will do great in Cleveland.

Hunt has been a great owner and done everything fans can ask of one. He hasn't remotely tried to be cheap and he had tried to let the football people do their job he hired them for.

Hunt isn't a speck of dust on our list of problems.

Clark grows a pair? WTF are you taking about? Hunt had repeatedly attempted to go out and get the best guys he can. Pioli was the hottest and most expensive name out there and Hunt made it happen. That failed, so he went out and got one of the most successful coaches in the game and a hot up and comer in Dorsey who I think will do great in Cleveland.

Hunt has been a great owner and done everything fans can ask of one. He hasn't remotely tried to be cheap and he had tried to let the football people do their job he hired them for.

Agree. And, people better be careful what they wish for. If the Hunts ever sell, the Chiefs probably won’t be in KC for long.

Are you guys even listening to yourselves? You go on about how shitty Reid is and Smith and Sutton, but who is ultimately responsible for all of them? Some of you say Reid is ultimately responsible for the teams play which I can see your point. But who is responsible for the overall team? Yes there are shitty owners out there, Cinci and Cleveland come to mind. This doesn't mean that Clark cant do more. Maybe, and like you all I don't know, but maybe Clark could fire Sutton if Reid doesn't. Or maybe, he could do something else to light a fire under the teams ass.

As far as taking the hottest GM out there, he was the hottest but also hadn't done the job, Pioli's first GM job was with KC. Why not get a proven GM with a proven track record versus just trying to bring someone in from the NE tree. By the way how has that NE tree (in the NFL) worked out in the past? Crennel, Schwartz, Mangini, Weiss, Pioli?

Never said he hasn't done a lot for the fans or never said he was cheap. I said he doesn't have that ruthless step on their throat mentality, you know the same thing many of you are saying about Reid.

As far as Hunt not having a hand in any of the problems is not exactly true, he is the boss he can make unpopular changes that can help the team. What those changes are I don't know, that is why I said at the beginning of my original post, I have fought this issue with many on here before not for change in leadership but support for the leadership. I know its hard for some to look higher than the QB or HC or even the GM but sometimes the owner has to get involved with the team.

You guys are so much more smarter than me but tell me what does Kraft, Jones and Allen all have in common? They are assholes, very hands on and are SB winners. Many look at that as overbearing and micro managing but they are successful.

I like the Hunts and will always be grateful for them but he needs to put his foot down before those below him will.

Agree. And, people better be careful what they wish for. If the Hunts ever sell, the Chiefs probably won’t be in KC for long.

You're right and that is why I have always defended them, but he needs to get more involved in the teams business or at least kick some asses or this team will not go anywhere. I personally do not know how involved he is in the day to day operations of the team so I could be off base and this like everyone else who post in here is just stating an opinion.

I keep seeing Sutton on that sideline...its been 5 years now.   While I agree he went out and did the best he could he fired Dorsey but has allowed Reid too much autonomy.    When everyone gets so close and it becomes like a family some people can't find the fortitude to make those tough calls.    Oline in 5 years has a lot of money invested and there play isn't great and that is Andy Heck,  Dline is Brit Reid and is bad and Sutton is the D.   Those would be my choices for a shake up but I hope 63 is right and Clark shakes things up.  This loss was embarrassingly bad.   Andy Reid has been here 5 years and has 3 of the worse playoff losses in franchise history on his record.  How many more years do we give him when it seems he refuses to adjust and learn from previous mistakes.   

You're right and that is why I have always defended them, but he needs to get more involved in the teams business or at least kick some asses or this team will not go anywhere. I personally do not know how involved he is in the day to day operations of the team so I could be off base and this like everyone else who post in here is just stating an opinion.

I think Clark shakes things up this offseason.  He won't fire Andy which is probably the right call as there is no one out there better and we just signed him to a 5 year extension.   But just as he stepped in and fired Dorsey he doesn't need to give Andy the choice.  Andy's son, the Oline coach and the DC need to be gone.   I truly believe Sutton gets canned.  While I don't blame this loss totally on the D, you can't give up massive yardages in back to back years all while coaching a last ranked D and keep your job.   If Reid did indeed take over play calling that should be broached in a meeting with the owner as well.   I have more faith in Clark after him firing Dorsey than I do with Andy changing his ways.

I think Clark shakes things up this offseason.  He won't fire Andy which is probably the right call as there is no one out there better and we just signed him to a 5 year extension.   But just as he stepped in and fired Dorsey he doesn't need to give Andy the choice.  Andy's son, the Oline coach and the DC need to be gone.   I truly believe Sutton gets canned.  While I don't blame this loss totally on the D, you can't give up massive yardages in back to back years all while coaching a last ranked D and keep your job.   If Reid did indeed take over play calling that should be broached in a meeting with the owner as well.   I have more faith in Clark after him firing Dorsey than I do with Andy changing his ways.

I agree 100%, Andy is not going nowhere and personally I don't want him to because like you said who out there is better and PROVEN, If Andy won't get rid of the glaring problems on the coaching staff he needs to get involved and do it himself.

I agree 100%, Andy is not going nowhere and personally I don't want him to because like you said who out there is better and PROVEN, If Andy won't get rid of the glaring problems on the coaching staff he needs to get involved and do it himself.

He's got 3 years to develop Mahomes. He'll do that for us. Not sure he can win the big one ever. Just hope Mahomes develops into something then we'll deal with the Walrus later.

Firing Andy would be stupid

While I believe he's a very good HC and I desperately need to see him with Mahomes at the helm, I have to have it on the table. The post season track record states it all. If he can't change that with the new kid, I'd put him out to pasture.

He needs to find a OC that he trusts and make sure they are here for the haul. No more grooming for other teams. He needs to focus on the team and not the offense only. If he doesn't he will fail again and again.

I get the criticism of Andy and hell a lot of it is legitimate, but lets pump the brakes.

Mahomes is a very fragile development situation and you want the right guy to develop him. Andy is that.

Andy has had them in the playoffs nearly every year and it's very hard to find that in this league.

Andy needs some special players to take things over and win it. They don't have it.

While I believe he's a very good HC and I desperately need to see him with Mahomes at the helm, I have to have it on the table. The post season track record states it all. If he can't change that with the new kid, I'd put him out to pasture.

He needs to find a OC that he trusts and make sure they are here for the haul. No more grooming for other teams. He needs to focus on the team and not the offense only. If he doesn't he will fail again and again.

How do you make sure an OC won't leave? Anybody worth their salt will be looked at for HC jobs.

How do you make sure an OC won't leave? Anybody worth their salt will be looked at for HC jobs.

Yes, I understand, it's much easier said than done. The point was that Reid needs hands off the offense. It's a strangle hold that is killing us year in and year out. Just like he did to Philly. Yes, all these things we are bitching about were Philly fans gripes as well. He'll never change. Personally I'm *not sure* he's the guru we all believe him to be in the first place.

Blaming Andy Reid, is that not just another excuse. ;)

While I believe Andy was a "factor" just like the refs, I'm not pinning it all on him. Just hoping he'll understand a change needs to be made and his track record backs that theory.

Why was he a factor and when was he a factor in this game to cause us to lose, did he miss a tackle? :D

I appreciate the banter but we're on two very different wavelengths. It's obvious I have an opinion that you disagree with and I can't change your mind. That's cool.

Archived