Andy Reid will be back next year, we all know this, so its pointless to debate this.

But we need to ask ourselves if the better choice would be to retain Matt Nagy now instead of letting him move on to hc another team.

If indeed it is confirmed that Andy Reid called this game (certainly seemed to be the case) it is a serious question Clark Hunt needs to ask himself.

For andy to pull play calling duties from Nagy, after the offense has dramatically improved under Nagy’s leadership, in this situation is a fireable offense.

Let me be clear there are certainly worse coaches to have than Andy Reid, but aproaching 2 decades as a head coach with no superbowls to your name should put him under much more scrutiny than he is getting.

Another way to look at it, do we want Andy Reid or Matt Nagy molding Mahomes future.

Most franchises pair a new qb with a new head coach.

Bottom line will we be sitting here in five years wishing we had Matt Nagy instead of Andy Reid. This is a question Clark needs to answer quickly.

Unless Reid goes out and announces that he was the one calling plays in this game no team will hire Nagy. They are both back next year but it's pretty clear that Hunt needs to do something. In the Reid era Chiefs made 4 trips to the playoffs and in 5 games had only one decent offensive performance. There's an issue with offense from top to bottom.

I don't think Andy gets fired but he's officially on the clock.  If Dorsey was fired for his performance then I feel confident things get shaken up at One Arrowhead Drive.   I look for Sutton to be let go along with a few assistants.   But Big Red is safe for the time being.  

Andy Reid did not get bounced from the playoffs without winning at least one game very often with Philly. In fact the last 2 times he was in the playoffs with Philly, were the only times he failed to win at least one playoff game with them. He had 5 NFC championship appearances and one SB appearance. We need that guy, not the one we have seen being bounced twice now in historic fashion by blowing 18 point half time lead at home and 28 point lead against Indy. Get the players here. Get the cap space to good use, get a new d coordina for and give up play calling. I bet then we see a huge difference.

Andy didn’t have any problem winning playoff games in Philly with McNabb.

I think we'll be ok with Mahomes in this aspect, because once he settles in, there will be a different level of confidence.  I don't think the turtling will be at nearly the same level.  More aspects of the offense will be available because he's capable of doing so much more than Alex.  I do think that Mahomes is special enough that he will be able to cover up some of Reid's shortcomings.

The only Clock Reid works to is his wristwatch....He is here as long as he wants to be.

w

We are averaging almost 11 wins per season and absolutely dominating this division with Andy. He’s as good as it gets at getting the most out of QBs and we’ve got a thoroughbred in the barn that’s about to be unleashed and needs all the coaching he can get.

We do however need some new blood on this coaching staff before the message gets stale and players quit buying in.

The only Clock Reid works to is his wristwatch....He is here as long as he wants to be.

w

I have to wonder about that..3 years into Mahomes career and no Playoff win might be all that the fans and therefore Clark can stand. Clark has shown he's not his father

Archived