Yes the defense needs to be rebuilt, but what about the OFFENSE?

Smith is DONE, but I believe the issues on offense run deeper than just him tbh. Pitt, NYG, Bills, Dallas and Titans second half were complete disasters from the offense. And even when we were winning games how many times did we reach the redzone and have to punt a FG in the end? FAR too many times to count. Now can Mahomes make a difference here? Yes because his skills are at such a level that he can find holes In any sort of defense. But IMO we'd be absolutely bonkers not to invest in some talent to give him more weapons to play with. We need an offense where we won't fall apart if one star is removed for some reason (like Kelce tonight), we need an offense who can adapt to situations and rely on someone other than Hill, Kelce or Hunt. The opposition know they are the three main dangers and will do all they can to stop them. Let's add another weapon for them to worry about now. 

I've been saying it from the get-go that a tall 6'4, 6'5 receiver is crucial for us getting better because right now we have no jump ball threat whatsoever. And such a receiver would also give teams a nightmare to deal with when we're in the redzone too because let's be fair, Hill is not a huge target in the N-zone, is he? 

I also think we should seriously try to bring in a TALL, big, physical runningback aswell. Folks told me Ware is the man, but let's be real, he's 5'10 and 229 pounds, whilst Hunt is 5'10 and 216 pounds. So what is the difference between them exactly? Derek Henry is 6'3 and 249 pounds, that's the sort of RB we need to partner Hunt and give our running game something different. So if teams try to shut down Hunt, we can hit them with a totally different problem and force them to have to do something else to stop the running game.

We need this yall, getting the offense right, aswell as the defense, is the only way we're gonna achieve anything in this game. Yes, Mahomes looks special and once he gets going I'd like to think we won't have to suffer second halfs like we saw today, but we still need to put more weapons around him to have a real chance of progressing imo.

I don't think Smith is done, just his time in KC.

Look, I'll be real. I bashed the guy a lot and even with the bad stretch, he had the type of season nobody thought was possible.

Now with that out of the way, lets move on.

The Chiefs need to figure out why at leaat one of their star players develops dicks for hands when its playoff time. They are constantly killed with drops.

Offensive Line needs to bulk up more, particularly in the inside. Need a mean ass stout LG, instead of the collections of weenies we've fielded since Walters.

Hunt needs more carries and he needs a RB that doesn't blow to spell him some.

Tight End depth is pure dog shit and they are fucked at WR if Tyreek goes down. Need an actual legit #2.

The problem with Andy Reid offenses are when they have to line up and play smash mouth football, they can't do it.  And, maybe he knows that and that is why we continue to see all of the jet sweeps, misdirection, and screens. 

I actually like Fulton at center more than Morse.  They HAVE to get a LG that can actually play.  That should be a priority in the offseason.  A true possession receiver is a must.  Maybe Conley can be that guy. 

Coaching staff needs revamped.

Offense needs Ehringer at LG or someone to come in and play that position.

Desperately need another WR, a big body possession guy who will go over the middle on 3rd and 8 and catch a 10 yard pass. Once Kelce went out we were relying on our backup TE’s for that.

Hill, Wilson , DAT, I think the tallest of the three is 5’10. That’s why we rely so much on kelce, because Reid has a lineup stacked with scatbacks. For all the potential the offense has, it’s poorly constructed in the sense that it has no diversity. Outside of our tight ends Reid employs a bunch of receivers that are no bigger than myself. That’s why losing kelce hurt so bad.

Hill, Wilson , DAT, I think the tallest of the three is 5’10. That’s why we rely so much on kelce, because Reid has a lineup stacked with scatbacks. For all the potential the offense has, it’s poorly constructed in the sense that it has no diversity. Outside of our tight ends Reid employs a bunch of receivers that are no bigger than myself. That’s why losing kelce hurt so bad.

I believe Jordan Matthews is a FA, he’s cheap and at 6’3” would be a big body receiver that could breakout with us

I believe Jordan Matthews is a FA, he’s cheap and at 6’3” would be a big body receiver that could breakout with us

I love Jordan Matthews the prospect, very much dislike Jordan Matthews the player. Personally (opinion inserted) I feel he's a "me" guy, injured constantly and if Doug Pedersen who runs the same offense got rid of him, I don't feel he helps KC. He's a better all around prospect than Torry Smith and couldn't beat him out.

Left side of the OL is terrible, adding a solid LG could change that and I think that's the first step for the OL. Ehiringer might be the solid addition with a good offseason but overall I don't think players progress as much as we would like in the current regime. I would look to upgrade OL coaching as well. 

WR is a need and as mentioned Jordan Matthews could be a major upgrade. IMO Chiefs need all the receivers they need except for a solid possession receiver who'll help out with the routes. 

Adding only two players would make this offense very productive. Also a veteran QB and depth all over will be a need but I don't think those are worth mentioning as they are basically given.

They have got to get an attitude type coach. One that wants to make the other team know who you just played. Physical knock the shit out of the other guy Type. This ahhh shucks ho hum approach is not cutting it.

They won't be getting that in the head coach so I hope they can maybe get it where it is needed most. The defense.

Ehiringer played against the Broncos, why didn't he play against the Titans if he is now healthy.

Because he isnt that good. Idk why everyone here has this obsession with him. If the dude was worth a shit he would have taken his job back from Witzmann weeks ago. LG has been a problem here for quite awhile.

This off season we need Oline help. It’s cool seeing Mahomes fire a first down while being sacked or sling one while running for his life, but it is not a recipe for a long career.

If you can’t run the ball with Hunt, that is a big warning flag that you have troubles at Oline.

I agree a big WR is needed.

I don't agree on ware. Who cares if they are similar. Whay does 6'3" mean as a runner that makes him better? Our problem is west is useless as a runner. Both ware and hunt are great receivers out of the back field too. Ware can take 5-10 touches a game and be a threat. That's what we missed. I think ware and hunt make a great dup. Both have the speed to take it. The size to bully. The hands to catch.

My only question is what will ware be like after his injury

2 corners

ILB

Big WR

Guard

OLB

NT

We can’t legitmately fill all these needs especially without a first round pick but we can get 3-4 of these done. If Dee Fords back is okay we can wait a year at OLB.

I’d sign a CB and draft one on day two. Trading Alex will help fill one of these through the draft. I like the idea of letting asurge of young guys play a lot next year and just living with growing pains.

We’ve got a good core of players on both sides of the ball to build around as well as some good coaches. But I’d like to also see real changes made with both and not just system band iAds. This may even mean a different defensive scheme. The offense is going to change with Mahomes.

All the above is true, but add in a pass rush. This year was pathetic in that department.

Good point. Zombo provides nothing. Houston and Ford are below average. Kpass is s couple unknown. Hali is gone. The answer does not appear to be on this team.

I don’t think I resign Ford unless he is cheap. He is nothing but depth and situational pass rusher.

This offense should be better under Mahomes. I think he is the type of QB that elevates the players around him. we should give him a solid o line, build the defense, and let him make the skill players around him better.

It is the classic mistake the colts made with manning and now are doing with andrew luck. they are spending their money on skill players around luck instead of on the o line and defense. when you have someone you think is a franchise qb you let him make the skill players around him better, not the other way around.

that being said there are some nice weapons in free agency this year to give him if the price is right. these are the players i would target for the offense in free agency

RB

Dion Lewis (a weapon in the run AND pass game)

Rex Burkhead (would be a very solid backup)

Darren Sproles 

WR

Sammy Watkins (not huge interest here, but the league is so down on him could be a cheap deep threat for his talent)

Jarvis Landry (this guy will get a huge deal, so probably not an option.)
Allen Robinson (good deep threat would probably be a BEAST with Mahomes)
Marquise Lee
Paul Richardson (always liked this guy in Seattle)
Terrelle Pryor (had a bad year might come on the cheap)
Jordan Mathews (needs to move to TE imo)
John Brown 
Donte Moncrief 

Brice Butler (Underrated Dallas WR)

TE (both will be too expensive, just neat to think of pairing them with Kelce)

Jimmy Graham

Tyler Eifert

The biggest question instead of these skill players (because we do have kelce, hunt, and tyreek already, and albert wilson seems to have a nice connection with Mahomes) is the o line.

Fulton is a FA, and is a better center than Morse, period.

LG is a joke on this team

The Tackles could always be upgraded but not bad enough to give them priority upgrading over the interior of the line.

FA o line target that comes to mind is center/guard Weston Richburg from the Giants, but will probably never be let go from there.

Most Likely Scenario for improving this offense.

1. Resign Zach Fulton (hopefully he can be convinced his best option is to stay in KC for a reasonable deal.)

2. Move a healthy Mitch Morse to guard next year.

3. Sign a veteran interior lineman for depth/competetion at guard.

4. Sign a higher quality backup RB with pass catching ability (realistically im thinking Burkhead as Dion Lewis should get a nice contract)

5. Sign a WR from the list that doesn't get picked up early in free agency and will have to take a cheaper 1 year prove it deal (im thinking Sammy Watkins would fit this mold) although Allen Robinson would be my FA target if the money makes sense.

Side note there looks to be a good class of CB available on the FA market, which just like having such a solid WR class someone of quality is bound to fall through the cracks and be forced to take a 1 year prove it deal.

This offense should be better under Mahomes. I think he is the type of QB that elevates the players around him. we should give him a solid o line, build the defense, and let him make the skill players around him better.

It is the classic mistake the colts made with manning and now are doing with andrew luck. they are spending their money on skill players around luck instead of on the o line and defense. when you have someone you think is a franchise qb you let him make the skill players around him better, not the other way around.

that being said there are some nice weapons in free agency this year to give him if the price is right. these are the players i would target for the offense in free agency

RB

Darren Sproles 

WR

Sammy Watkins (not huge interest here, but the league is so down on him could be a cheap deep threat for his talent)

Marquise Lee

Jordan Mathews (needs to move to TE imo)John Brown 

Donte Moncrief 

Jimmy Graham

Tyler Eifert

The biggest question instead of these skill players (because we do have kelce, hunt, and tyreek already, and albert wilson seems to have a nice connection with Mahomes) is the o line.

The Tackles could always be upgraded but not bad enough to give them priority upgrading over the interior of the line.

FA o line target that comes to mind is center/guard Weston Richburg from the Giants, but will probably never be let go from there.

1. Resign Zach Fulton (hopefully he can be convinced his best option is to stay in KC for a reasonable deal.)

4. Sign a higher quality backup RB with pass catching ability (realistically im thinking Burkhead as Dion Lewis should get a nice contract)

5. Sign a WR from the list that doesn't get picked up early in free agency and will have to take a cheaper 1 year prove it deal (im thinking Sammy Watkins would fit this mold) although Allen Robinson would be my FA target if the money makes sense.

Side note there looks to be a good class of CB available on the FA market, which just like having such a solid WR class someone of quality is bound to fall through the cracks and be forced to take a 1 year prove it deal.

RB

Darren Sproles 

WR

Marquise Lee

Jordan Mathews (needs to move to TE imo)John Brown 

Donte Moncrief 

Jimmy Graham

Tyler Eifert

I like Fulton at center better than Morse too. I think going forward Morse can be the swing backup.

I'd like too sign DJ Fluker to play LG. Let Ehinger be the swing guard.

LT- Fisher, Erving

LG- Fluker, Ehinger

C- Fulton, Morse

RG- LDT, Ehinger

RT- Schwartz, Erving

Well the giants went from averaging 48.7 yards rushing a game their first 3 games. They then inserted Fluker at guard and averaged 130.4 the next 6 Ganges until Fluker went out with injury. As a mailing guard Fluker is good and much needed on this line.

Archived