Demarcus Robinson

Lost in the midst of all this gloom, I thought this young man really came of age yesterday. He dropped a bunch of catches at Denver and many felt he was a bust. But when you look at it, it was him who caught that incredible throw from Pat in the two-minute drive to help win us the game. And yesterday I thought he was good, and finally getting his first TD should do his confidence the world of good now. 

So do yall think he's got a long-term future in this offense or not? He's only 23 and has all the attributes to be very good imo. Just has to work hard in this offseason and take things to an even higher level now.

He was doing very well before the offense went full turtle.  I think a top 4 wr group of D Robinson, Hill, Allen Robinson and Conley would be pretty good.  Of course this is all contingent on Conley returning to form.  You never know how a blown acl is going to affect a WR and his ability to cut.  I'd imagine it will take him a while to trust it, and it will be well into next season before he starts rounding back into the player he was prior to the injury.  This team needs to get away from the 5'9s in Wilson , dat, etc.  I'd be ok with bringing back Wilson, but as the 5th receiver behind the guys i mentioned.  Chesson can hang out another year as a special teams player and 6th receiver.  We really need to get that big guy so we have the added element of a jump ball, as opposed to the current group of mighty midgets.

He was doing very well before the offense went full turtle.  I think a top 4 wr group of D Robinson, Hill, Allen Robinson and Conley would be pretty good.  Of course this is all contingent on Conley returning to form.  You never know how a blown acl is going to affect a WR and his ability to cut.  I'd imagine it will take him a while to trust it, and it will be well into next season before he starts rounding back into the player he was prior to the injury.  This team needs to get away from the 5'9s in Wilson , dat, etc.  I'd be ok with bringing back Wilson, but as the 5th receiver behind the guys i mentioned.  Chesson can hang out another year as a special teams player and 6th receiver.  We really need to get that big guy so we have the added element of a jump ball, as opposed to the current group of mighty midgets.

I'm pretty sure Conley had an Achilles treat not am ACL

Robinson looks to be an afterthought type of guy but we still have some time with him to determine his status. I think a WR group of FA (Matthews?) - Hill - Conley - Wilson - Robinson - Chessun might be enough for the Chiefs in 2018. That's a very speedy with solid physical presence. 

Archived