Reid 1-4 in the playoffs w/KC

What’s absolutely crazy is how he’s been at the helm of two 18+ point collapses in the playoffs while with KC. That’s more than every other coach combined since 1933. Teicher is right to question whether he should be the coach of this team moving forward.

http://www.espn.com/blog/kansas-city-chiefs/post/_/id/23905/latest-playoff-collapse-begs-the-question-is-andy-reid-still-the-right-coach-for-chiefs

With the first round QB he chose in Philly, Andy won playoff games in 7 out of 9 seasons. The rest of the QBs he’s had since haven’t won any playoff games in 8 of 9 seasons. This is no coincidence and a big reason to find tangible optimism in Mahomes. Likewise the common denominator in our collapses is Bob Sutton. And I like the guy more than most. But that’s undeniable his culpability in this.

With the first round QB he chose in Philly, Andy won playoff games in 7 out of 9 seasons. The rest of the QBs he’s had since haven’t won any playoff games in 8 of 9 seasons. This is no coincidence and a big reason to find tangible optimism in Mahomes.

So then it is true. The only way to break the Arrowhead home playoff curse is starting a homegrown QB in Mahomes.

With the first round QB he chose in Philly, Andy won playoff games in 7 out of 9 seasons. The rest of the QBs he’s had since haven’t won any playoff games in 8 of 9 seasons. This is no coincidence and a big reason to find tangible optimism in Mahomes. Likewise the common denominator in our collapses is Bob Sutton. And I like the guy more than most. But that’s undeniable his culpability in this.

ZERO Super Bowl wins...  ZERO.

At least you guys don't have Vance Joseph as your HC... It could ALWAYS be worse. But Reid should by no means be allowed to call plays ever again in his lifetime, and he probably should be fired for his playoff performances.

Absolutely right on.

Funniest play of the day when Orsen Charles dropped a sure 1st down on 3rd down late in the 4th. His body language was him Nonchalantly jogging off to the sideline as if he had contributed or rather done his job after the blunder. Everybody contributed to the debacle and the Arrowhead ghosts were pleased last night.

Funniest play of the day when Orsen Charles dropped a sure 1st down on 3rd down late in the 4th. His body language was him Nonchalantly jogging off to the sideline as if he had contributed or rather done his job after the blunder. Everybody contributed to the debacle and the Arrowhead ghosts were pleased last night.

You have a weird sense of humor if that's funny. The pass was a bit behind (passing window, chemistry, we're talking about inches to a foot), but he should've caught it and when he didn't, his body language showed that he knew why he was third string. That's what I like about Robinson and Mahomes, that even though they had people in front of them, they showed the confidence.

Now, that was only one play and so I can't judge his whole character based upon that. Body language is difficult when you're upset with yourself. Some people jog off the field like they're laughing but you know they're not happy. He had a big gainer in the Miami game where he jumped when he didn't need to. If he just ran under it, it might've been a touchdown. But he caught that one, which was most important.

ZERO Super Bowl wins... ZERO.

It takes a better coach to be a consistent winner in this league than it does to win one Super Bowl. You combine an elite QB with a consistent winner coach and you will win a Super Bowl. That’s the legit hope with Mahomes. Time will tell.

At least you guys don't have Vance Joseph as your HC...  It could ALWAYS be worse.  But Reid should by no means be allowed to call plays ever again in his lifetime, and he probably should be fired for his playoff performances. 

I'm surprised he didn't get fired. I'm glad the Broncos didn't fire him (being Chiefs fan for obvious reasons), but still surprised. 

Past success is never a guarantee for future success. Unless a HC can adjust to the ever changing NFL he'll not be successful going forward. Reid is in town for a while with the new extension so we'll get to see what he can do with Mahomes but if there's not enough progress over the next two years I'm guessing Reid will be gone regardless of what he did in the past. 

Reid/Smith duo has been terrible when it matters, hopefully that won't be the case with Reid/Mahomes as we might be starting something great in 2018.

Archived