Missed Field Goal

A lot of people are stating that if Butker hadn't missed the field goat we would have won by two points. I agree this could have been a big difference maker but for a different reason and i don't think we would have won by two. 

First off,  if everything played out as it did after us making the field goal, the Titans went for two points on twice.  The first is because they were down by 5 after the TD and getting two points put them with in a field goal of tying. If Butker makes the field goal, the Titans take the point to get within a TD of us. And of course at this point they would not go for 2 but take the single to tie the game. Once the game is tied, we don't know what would of happened, but we certainly were being out played at this point and likely would have lost.

Now what I think would have happened and why we would have won, is because the missed field goal simply magnified the Titans momentum and started putting us into panic mode.  They just scored a TD and had a little hope, a FG would have taken some wind out of their sails.  Instead we gave them confidence. Had we made it, the rest of the game would have played out differently at this point. One thing is pretty sure, it could not have played out any worse for us.  Chances are it would have been like the other 95% of games where a team has a large lead in the second half and we would have won. 

Offense was handed the ball on a silver platter and could have ended game with a TD. But by going three and out AND missing FG we gave Titans total confidence they could come back and win. It was the most important series of events in that game in my opinion.

Offense was handed the ball on a silver platter and could have ended game with a TD. But by going three and out AND missing FG we gave Titans total confidence they could come back and win. It was the most important series of events in that game in my opinion.

I didn't really mind that we didn't get a touchdown there and kicked the field-goal. What I didn't like was how we tried to get yards. I understand trying to secure the three points. But the plays we call were stupid. I know that's easy in hindsight, but we've seen conservative predictable plays better than that.

I mean, I do mind that we didn't get a touchdown, but if we had tried and failed and then miss the cake, I know I would still play the what if game, but I won't be as upset. At least, I don't think. I would've been really mad with a turnover.

I didn't really mind that we didn't get a touchdown there and kicked the field-goal. What I didn't like was how we tried to get yards. I understand trying to secure the three points. But the plays we call were stupid. I know that's easy in hindsight, but we've seen conservative predictable plays better than that.

I mean, I do mind that we didn't get a touchdown, but if we had tried and failed and then miss the cake, I know I would still play the what if game, but I won't be as upset. At least, I don't think. I would've been really mad with a turnover.

We were in fg range and played for the 3 from the first snap. That was evident by the called plays. They thought they had it in the bag so another three was icing on the cake. Honestly they deserved this loss for how they handled the final three quarters. Rewarding such shit game management with a win would’ve been a travesty. Ne will beat them by 24.

Archived