Bob Sutton, Andy Heck and Britt Reid need to go?

Sam Mellinger makes a compelling case to fire DC Sutton, O-line Coach Heck and D-line coach Britt Reid (Andy's son) in THIS article. And I agree with every word he says. But the ultimate question is, does Andy have the balls to let them go for the good of the team? Would he let his son go? Or move him to a different position maybe? Let's hope so.

While house changes need to be made. He lays the problem with the current regime. Too much like family. That needs to change. This is a business iand needs to be run like one. All successful businesses are results oriented. That’s the bottom line.

Thats how it was with Pioli and he alienated everyone in the building and the fans. I think Clark embraces the family environment, but he has also shown he isnt afraid of big changes when needed.

Its a fine line, and I hope there is still enough accoutability that the defensive staff and personnel are overhauled.

If he fired Dorsey for one aspect of his job that he underperformed I don't suppose any coach is necessarily safe.....including Andy Reid.  I'm not saying he will fire him but he won't get a slap on the back and "good game" either.    I agree that Britt might have to take a demotion to stay with the team.  I'm honestly surprised there isn't a nepotism clause for a hire like that but where we were at when Reid took over probably gave him plenty of leeway. 

I do agree with Sam that all three need to go.   Oline and Dline digressed and we finally stopped making excuses for Suttons abysmal coaching ability.  Time for change and it's the perfect time.   A new age is being ushered in and while I'm bummed about this year we have a lot of money to spend and this offseason should be eventful.  We will get a boost from injured players (Conley, Nicholas, Ehinger, Berry, and Ware) and some infusion of talent and continued development from young players.  The future is bright as long as we don't stand pat.

Reid’s son has only been on the job for two years and got great reviews from the linemen he worked with prior to getting the promotion. I don’t think two seasons is enough to warrant firing him after early success , and that’s not even touching on the fact that he’s Andy’s son. Andy ain’t firing him.

Reid’s son has only been on the job for two years and got great reviews from the linemen he worked with prior to getting the promotion. I don’t think two seasons is enough to warrant firing him after early success , and that’s not even touching on the fact that he’s Andy’s son. Andy ain’t firing him.

means nothing

Archived