I saw what the Chiefs (could) be next season and beyond

I was watching the saints panthers game and watched cam slinging it all over the place and i imagined Pat doing the same next season

and i was happy for a moment

I agree about the future.

But we lost yesterday because the dipshit coaching staff was pass happy. Period. One scoring drive wins the game. We have an elite rb

I agree about the future.

But we lost yesterday because the dipshit coaching staff was pass happy. Period. One scoring drive wins the game. We have an elite rb

Elite running back or not, the Chiefs O-line can't give him space when the defense keys on stopping him.  The Chiefs must get their starters healthy for next year and add some beef in the off season or Hunt will be getting lots of zero yd. gains.

Elite running back or not, the Chiefs O-line can't give him space when the defense keys on stopping him. The Chiefs must get their starters healthy for next year and add some beef in the off season or Hunt will be getting lots of zero yd. gains.

By adding beef you mean either put Morse at LG or Ehinger. I would keep Fulton at center but I know Reid isn't going to remove his teacher's pet Morse from center. After all they both have ties to Missouri.

Elite running back or not, the Chiefs O-line can't give him space when the defense keys on stopping him. The Chiefs must get their starters healthy for next year and add some beef in the off season or Hunt will be getting lots of zero yd. gains.

Then why were his yards per carry solid? And they were yesterday too. And I’m not saying online doesn’t need help. But he is great.

Everyone talks about adding a WR and I see why but I would go out and get the best LG in FA I could find.  I wouldn't extend Morse either.   I'm tired of finesse lineman.  I'm ready for some road-graders up front.  

Fortunately we will have a lot of Cap space after all our cuts with not that many guys who need extensions this year and a small draft class.    We will have the money and at least 2 picks to go out and get a  LG, DL, OLB, CB, S and WR.

If it wasn’t for Pat, I wouldn’t care about this franchise next year.

Thank god we finally drafted our guy. Now let’s see how it goes

I'm pretty much at the same level. I wouldn't give up my hope for Chiefs success but probably wouldn't be as excited for anything without Mahomes in town. 

I was watching the saints panthers game and watched cam slinging it all over the place and i imagined Pat doing the same next season

and i was happy for a moment            

And they can both watch next weeks games at home.

Newton has all the physical tools but he folds under pressure.

Then why were his yards per carry solid? And they were yesterday too. And I’m not saying online doesn’t need help. But he is great.

It's not a reflection on Hunt and I agree that Reid should have run him more often in the second half.  My point is that when the Chiefs needed clock eating first downs, Hunt wasn't making yards when he did run.  The defense was in the Chiefs backfield several times by the time Hunt got the handoff.  Didn't the Chiefs lose yardage trying to run before the missed FG?  BTW, it's not just Reid.  Yesterday, the Bills had the ball on the JAX one with a first down in a very low scoring game. (0-0 at the time?)   They threw three passes before kicking the field goal with McCoy on their team.  Coaches sometimes just lose it.

It's not a reflection on Hunt and I agree that Reid should have run him more often in the second half. My point is that when the Chiefs needed clock eating first downs, Hunt wasn't making yards when he did run. The defense was in the Chiefs backfield several times by the time Hunt got the handoff. Didn't the Chiefs lose yardage trying to run before the missed FG? BTW, it's not just Reid. Yesterday, the Bills had the ball on the JAX one with a first down in a very low scoring game. (0-0 at the time?) They threw three passes before kicking the field goal with McCoy on their team. Coaches sometimes just lose it.

For me, 4 attempts in the final 48 minutes is not enough.

So I’m not sure there’s a pattern of stopping anyone at anytime when you try 4 times every 12 minutes

It's not a reflection on Hunt and I agree that Reid should have run him more often in the second half.  My point is that when the Chiefs needed clock eating first downs, Hunt wasn't making yards when he did run.  The defense was in the Chiefs backfield several times by the time Hunt got the handoff.  Didn't the Chiefs lose yardage trying to run before the missed FG?  BTW, it's not just Reid.  Yesterday, the Bills had the ball on the JAX one with a first down in a very low scoring game. (0-0 at the time?)   They threw three passes before kicking the field goal with McCoy on their team.  Coaches sometimes just lose it.

The Seahawks had the ball on the 1 yard line with Marshawn Lynch in his prime and decided to throw the ball.

Every single one of these playoff losses shares one thing in common. We started a 30 something year old QB that was either a career journeyman or was somebody else’s backup they traded us. It’s not coincidence this isn’t good enough in January. It can work if everything comes together around them,, but in general it’s a recipe for failure.

Now let’s go young around a good core, take our lumps, and do this another way with the kid Mahomes. It’s s different path. A better path that actually can realistically work.

Every single one of these playoff losses shares one thing in common. We started a 30 something year old QB that was either a career journeyman or was somebody else’s backup they traded us. It’s not coincidence this isn’t good enough in January. It can work if everything comes together around them,, but in general it’s a recipe for failure.

Now let’s go young around a good core, take our lumps, and do this another way with the kid Mahomes. It’s s different path. A better path that actually can realistically work.

we'll still get screwed by the NFL and refs.  Why people can't see this is beyond me.  Every single playoff game we've lost at home the past 25 years has been lost due to completely inept referees.

This won't change with Mahomes.

Archived