Major updates !!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On of the things that really caught my attention was when he was rattling off Alex smith stats, proving his oppinion that the bigger the importance and the later in the game it gets, the more conservative alex smith gets.. I found this interesting, because my major take away from our week 17 game was that although the rook still needs seasoning, he has a rare attribute.. not his huge arm.. mahomes is clutch.

On of the things that really caught my attention was when he was rattling off Alex smith stats, proving his oppinion that the bigger the importance and the later in the game it gets, the more conservative alex smith gets.. I found this interesting, because my major take away from our week 17 game was that although the rook still needs seasoning, he has a rare attribute.. not his huge arm.. mahomes is clutch.

He can be clutch. I hope he is. But it was one game to get a field goal in the regular season where his fate isn't to be decided. Smith had a clutch playoff game with the Niners.

Mahomes going forward is an obvious, but we can't look at one game. Yes, rookie, but one game. If the Broncos picked off Mahomes throw to Harris, I would not have blasted him nor said he wasn't clutch.

One game. Not his fault. Great start. Expect it in the future. But these characteristics we describe is premature until he gets a chance. His college teams were poor around him and the record wasn't good, so he's good at catch up but didn't get many opportunities to show clutch.

He can be clutch. I hope he is. But it was one game to get a field goal in the regular season where his fate isn't to be decided. Smith had a clutch playoff game with the Niners.

Mahomes going forward is an obvious, but we can't look at one game. Yes, rookie, but one game. If the Broncos picked off Mahomes throw to Harris, I would not have blasted him nor said he wasn't clutch.

One game. Not his fault. Great start. Expect it in the future. But these characteristics we describe is premature until he gets a chance. His college teams were poor around him and the record wasn't good, so he's good at catch up but didn't get many opportunities to show clutch.

I'd offer anyone who's got reservations about Mahomes to take it upon yourself and watch his college tape. It's on YouTube and chopped up game by game. These aren't just highlights, they are every play from every game.

Are there things he's going to struggle with...absolutely. Alex still struggles with certain things.

This kid is for real and while the turnover is a concern, I believe Patrick is/will overcome.

We're in good shape unless Reid screws it up.

Yes only one game, but I'm talking about this kids makeup. He has balls, moxie, swag whatever you want to call it. He is not afraid of losing the game. He will sling it, and has shown (albeit a small sample size on this level) to rise to the occasion. Look smith was great for this organization brought us a baseline of consistentcy, but what is the story while talking about Alex? Run the ball well, play good d and he won't lose the game for you.. our new toy is not of that mold.. he is use to carrying his team. Can make people around him better by creating opportunities for WRs that few and in some cases no other qbs in this league can or will. Was watching the Albert Wilson highlight vid on kcchiefs.com, they caught a sound bite of Wilson pep talking the WRs on the sideline.. I thought it was telling because he said something to the effect of y'all should be excited, all this means is that we are going to get opportunities. Alex won us a lot of games, but he is scared to lose.

I guess I should also clarify my use of the word clutch was a little loose.. I'm talking big moments in games wether it be the dart of a dime he threw to Harris on the first third n long of the game, or third n long with a defender draped all over him.

I'd offer anyone who's got reservations about Mahomes to take it upon yourself and watch his college tape. It's on YouTube and chopped up game by game. These aren't just highlights, they are every play from every game.

Are there things he's going to struggle with...absolutely. Alex still struggles with certain things.

This kid is for real and while the turnover is a concern, I believe Patrick is/will overcome.

We're in good shape unless Reid screws it up.

Have no reservations about Mahomes. None. I just don't like talking about it as if he's done it here a lot. I believe he is and can, but can't state it like that with him having so little opportunity here. In college, he had to throw a lot due to his team being in bad positions so that should help him in adversity, but that same bad team gave him a bad record.

Yes only one game, but I'm talking about this kids makeup. He has balls, moxie, swag whatever you want to call it. He is not afraid of losing the game. He will sling it, and has shown (albeit a small sample size on this level) to rise to the occasion. Look smith was great for this organization brought us a baseline of consistentcy, but what is the story while talking about Alex? Run the ball well, play good d and he won't lose the game for you.. our new toy is not of that mold.. he is use to carrying his team. Can make people around him better by creating opportunities for WRs that few and in some cases no other qbs in this league can or will. Was watching the Albert Wilson highlight vid on kcchiefs.com, they caught a sound bite of Wilson pep talking the WRs on the sideline.. I thought it was telling because he said something to the effect of y'all should be excited, all this means is that we are going to get opportunities. Alex won us a lot of games, but he is scared to lose.

I guess I should also clarify my use of the word clutch was a little loose.. I'm talking big moments in games wether it be the dart of a dime he threw to Harris on the first third n long of the game, or third n long with a defender draped all over him.

Thanks for your last paragraph. Clutch is loose because none of that talks about clutch. He could be ballsy and throw an interception at the end of the game (yes, like Smith has done). That's not clutch. That's ballsy. That's different. I didn't mean to compare him with Smith. I was just saying that Smith has done it before and so we can't go based upon one game that wasn't very important.

I'm not, we're not, KC's not going back to Smith, nor should they. But I like a little bit more anticipation of this level play than recitations of what has happened before it happens. I believe he can be clutch and was against Denver, even if the Harris throw wasn't needed and risky.

I would be shocked if the DC of the worst ranked Defense in the League, that has given up such huge rushing yards in the past two playoff games, gets to keep his job.   Again I point to Dorsey and Hunt, I don't think Hunt will be too please with the way the season ends.   At some point Andy Reids cache runs out.  There has to be accountability. 

Archived