Matt Nagy set to be named new Bears head coach!!!

Ian RapoportVerified account @RapSheet
FollowFollow @RapSheet
More

Sources: #Bears are negotiating a deal with #Chiefs OC Matt Nagy to be their new head coach. It is expected to happen. @adamjahns on it 1st

8:59 am - 8 Jan 2018

Good luck to Matt, don't know what the hell went on on Saturday, whether it was his or Andy's fault with the playcalling, but nevertheless the guy was a class act in the previous five games and I wish him well. Now, with this in mind, I believe this is a great opportunity for us to bring in a new offensive coach, and a new defensive coach aswell. And hopefully, it can take our coaching staff to a new level as we go into next season.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Andy’s coaching tree is going to be a huge resume booster for any coach on our roster. For Nagy to get this job with so little experience is pretty amazing.

If he flames out quickly it might change perception. His success is pivotal for young Reid assistants. Doesn’t mean they won’t get offers, but if he fails they likely won’t get them as early.

If he flames out quickly it might change perception. His success is pivotal for young Reid assistants. Doesn’t mean they won’t get offers, but if he fails they likely won’t get them as early.

I'd say this hire is an off shoot of Doug Pederson. And the success he had year one

It's not just Nagy and his success.

Andy’s coaching tree is going to be a huge resume booster for any coach on our roster. For Nagy to get this job with so little experience is pretty amazing.

lol

Dick Jauron

Marty Morningwheg

Brad Childress

Pat Shurmur

Ron Rivera

Leslie Frazier

John Harbaugh

1 SB Win

lol

Dick Jauron

Marty Morningwheg

Brad Childress

Pat Shurmur

Ron Rivera

Leslie Frazier

John Harbaugh

1 SB Win

Ron Rivera - 1 SB appearance

Pederson - Top record in NFC this year, SB favorites if Wentz doesn't go down

Can also include Spag's who's defense won the giants a SB

Yea guys that get hired off his tree are doing well, 100% of them won't pan out but this is a good list for a guy who is still currently coaching

I also believe that Reid was calling plays, if Nagy was already on the out I could see Reid wanting to take the play calling duties back.

Yup. And if that’s confirmed it’s really sad because the players and the fans paid for it. The lack of rushing, lack of Hunt being in the game and the inexplicable workload of west in The second half scream Andy Reid. Frustrating

Oh boy. You guys see this tweet?

Bombshell! Nagy to Bears was a done deal before Chiefs playoff game. Reid took back play scheming and calling to allow Nagy time to prep for his interview. Nagy helped script first 15 plays with Reid, who then took over play calling.

Especially in college football your starting to see a lot of really young guys get head coaching jobs. I still can’t believe OU hired who they did but it seems to have worked.

Oh boy. You guys see this tweet?

Bombshell! Nagy to Bears was a done deal before Chiefs playoff game. Reid took back play scheming and calling to allow Nagy time to prep for his interview. Nagy helped script first 15 plays with Reid, who then took over play calling.

Makes sense which is why it is stupid to allow coordinators to interview before the season is done.  They don't need to recruit like they do in college so there's no point to hire a new coach before the SB.  The NFL blows sometimes

Makes sense which is why it is stupid to allow coordinators to interview before the season is done.  They don't need to recruit like they do in college so there's no point to hire a new coach before the SB.  The NFL blows sometimes

100%agree. The league needs to stop this practice. Allow playoff teams not to be bothered with losers

I love Andy Reid, think he is one of the best head coaches of all time. His wins certainly have already put him in the top 10 all time. That being said this year was his worst and most predictable year calling plays. Sometimes a play caller can have too much experience if that makes any since. He out thinks himself trying to out think his opposition. I loved that he handed over play calling to Nagy and even called for it before it happened.. actually I wanted either Nagy or beinemy calling plays because I thought the team needed youthful aggressiveness. Same for the d I wanted either al Harris, or terry bradden to call the plays for the same reason.. need youth to connect with the players, and aggressiveness to dictate to the o not react. Funny djs interview says something about it not being beneficial to read react as d instead of attack. Andys experience and knowledge of the game are invaluable for this team, I just want him to be the head coach and be freed up to couch wherever needed.. wether keeping one of our emotional players in check, or another coach that needs corrected or to adjust, kinda like him getting into bobs ass for running out dime too often against 2 wr sets.

Makes sense which is why it is stupid to allow coordinators to interview before the season is done. They don't need to recruit like they do in college so there's no point to hire a new coach before the SB. The NFL blows sometimes

Agreed. This isn’t unique to the nfl either.

Archived