Matt Nagy set to be named new Bears head coach!!!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Makes sense which is why it is stupid to allow coordinators to interview before the season is done. They don't need to recruit like they do in college so there's no point to hire a new coach before the SB. The NFL blows sometimes

The rules are actually very clear that you cannot interview assistants actively involved in the playoffs until AFTER that team loses. The only exception would be for Coaches that have teams in a bye week. Nagy interviewed with the Bears on Sunday.

The rules are actually very clear that you cannot interview assistants actively involved in the playoffs until AFTER that team loses. The only exception would be for Coaches that have teams in a bye week. Nagy interviewed with the Bears on Sunday.

I thought this was the rule too, NFL hosed us on that too?

You must not have watched the 1st half

The quote said second half only which is why he asked if any play worked. Obviously Nagy and Reid had a rough 2nd half not helped by a QB who quit going through progressions and played most of the half with his eyes down amid pressure.

I thought this was the rule too, NFL hosed us on that too?

Even though it is clear we were complicit, we should try and fail to get the first-round pick from the Bears for tampering like actions. Just kidding. They didn't actually interview until Sunday, but there was too much involvement. Again, our fault, too.

Ron Rivera - 1 SB appearance

Pederson - Top record in NFC this year, SB favorites if Wentz doesn't go down

Can also include Spag's who's defense won the giants a SB

Yea guys that get hired off his tree are doing well, 100% of them won't pan out but this is a good list for a guy who is still currently coaching

Spags is off the Parcells tree, via Fassel.....only had a brief run under Andy....

Rivera hasn't done much- even Andy has an appearance in the Super Bowl....0-1

Pederson might be the best of the new coaches....

Only one, Harbaugh, has won a SB....and I credit his Father with helping that more than Reid....

Even though it is clear we were complicit, we should try and fail to get the first-round pick from the Bears for tampering like actions. Just kidding. They didn't actually interview until Sunday, but there was too much involvement. Again, our fault, too.

ah, that makes sense then if the interview was on Sunday.

Correct. Thing is, as the tweet I quoted referenced , Reid took over play calling duties to give Nagy extra time to prepare for his interview. Just because he didn’t actually interview until after the loss, the wheels were already in motion before we played. Honestly I think it has the same effect , so the rule didn’t accomplish anything despite being followed.

Oh boy. You guys see this tweet?

Bombshell! Nagy to Bears was a done deal before Chiefs playoff game. Reid took back play scheming and calling to allow Nagy time to prep for his interview. Nagy helped script first 15 plays with Reid, who then took over play calling.

What tweet? Maybe include it in your post?

Spags is off the Parcells tree, via Fassel.....only had a brief run under Andy....

Only one, Harbaugh, has won a SB....and I credit his Father with helping that more than Reid....

Spags coached under Reid from 1999-2006.  Prior to that he coached the Frankfurt Galaxy. After his time with Andy, he went straight to Defensive Coordinator at New York.  I don't see how you can call him anything other than the Reid tree.  

Correct. Thing is, as the tweet I quoted referenced , Reid took over play calling duties to give Nagy extra time to prepare for his interview. Just because he didn’t actually interview until after the loss, the wheels were already in motion before we played. Honestly I think it has the same effect , so the rule didn’t accomplish anything despite being followed.

I’m not buying this. Nagy wouldn’t have been able to interview on Sunday unless we lost. Makes no sense. Reality is Andy is always involved in play calling, he just ceded some that to Nagy. Not sure why or when this has been divided. But play calling in the first half was fantastic. We lose Kelce and the play calling put a QB who doesn’t handle adversity well in a bad spot.

We lost Saturday night. Don’t you think that was a quick turnaround?

Yes. But they had already interviewed like 5 guys. I think he was hired because Andy signed off on him big time, Andy’s coaching tree includes a growing list of playoff teams and Nagy seems to have really liked Trubisky. I really don’t think an interview like this is brain surgery.

One third of all playoff teams this season are Andy Reid or his former assistants. When your a franchise looking for a culture change and some real stability, it makes sense this is where you would go. How those guys do from there largely depends on the QB.

Just wow. The guy has about half a year of real coordinator job and lands a HC gig. He must have really teared up the interview. It's one thing to call plays but they must really trust him to manage the whole team.

Yeah I remember you saying a month ago he had at least 2 more seasons before he'd be realistically considered for a HC job. Nailed it.

One third of all playoff teams this season are Andy Reid or his former assistants. When your a franchise looking for a culture change and some real stability, it makes sense this is where you would go. How those guys do from there largely depends on the QB.

But not Andy Reid because his team just blew another 18 point halftime lead in yet another epic playoff collapse. Btw, it’s happened 4 times in 75 years in the NFL, and Andy owns two of them.

Yeah I remember you saying a month ago he had at least 2 more seasons before he'd be realistically considered for a HC job. Nailed it.

And repeated it all the way up to a couple days ago. May be I should reconsider my future plans as a fortune teller  :unsure:

I’m not buying this. Nagy wouldn’t have been able to interview on Sunday unless we lost. Makes no sense. Reality is Andy is always involved in play calling, he just ceded some that to Nagy. Not sure why or when this has been divided. But play calling in the first half was fantastic. We lose Kelce and the play calling put a QB who doesn’t handle adversity well in a bad spot.

Before the game, it was already reported that he had the interview in place for Sunday. I presume they would have rescheduled if we had advanced.

It creates a problem for coaches because if you say you won't entertain any interviews or offers before you are out, they may go hire someone else. But to me, it was clear that something was going on.

I can't vouch for the accuracy of all reports, including the one saying that Reid had given time, etc. but it makes sense and while I wish it didn't, I felt that the game was called by Reid.

Archived