Matt Nagy set to be named new Bears head coach!!!

But not Andy Reid because his team just blew another 18 point halftime lead in yet another epic playoff collapse. Btw, it’s happened 4 times in 75 years in the NFL, and Andy owns two of them.

I just don't understand why people think Andy Reid is worth investing your future in...  He has coached a LONG time and has no trophies to show for it.  His playcalling in the 2nd half of that playoff game was beyond putrid, it was literally the opposite of what a team SHOULD be doing.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just don't understand why people think Andy Reid is worth investing your future in... He has coached a LONG time and has no trophies to show for it. His playcalling in the 2nd half of that playoff game was beyond putrid, it was literally the opposite of what a team SHOULD be doing.

But he's better than Jeff Fisher. So there! (And, as you said, Vance Joseph.)

Before the game, it was already reported that he had the interview in place for Sunday. I presume they would have rescheduled if we had advanced.

It creates a problem for coaches because if you say you won't entertain any interviews or offers before you are out, they may go hire someone else. But to me, it was clear that something was going on.

I can't vouch for the accuracy of all reports, including the one saying that Reid had given time, etc. but it makes sense and while I wish it didn't, I felt that the game was called by Reid.

Pretty interesting the league actually tabled a vote last offseason which would have allowed any coach to be interviewed at any time as long as the current team approved it. 

Spags is off the Parcells tree, via Fassel.....only had a brief run under Andy....

Rivera hasn't done much- even Andy has an appearance in the Super Bowl....0-1

Pederson might be the best of the new coaches....

Only one, Harbaugh, has won a SB....and I credit his Father with helping that more than Reid....

Spagnuola spent 8 years with Andy Reid in Philly by the way.

I just don't understand why people think Andy Reid is worth investing your future in... He has coached a LONG time and has no trophies to show for it. His playcalling in the 2nd half of that playoff game was beyond putrid, it was literally the opposite of what a team SHOULD be doing.

Absolutely putrid.

I would be pissed if the Broncos hired Andy Reid, even if it meant getting rid of Joseph. Reid will never win a Super Bowl.

Yeah, I think your best route is to have another rebuilding year where Joseph is fired. I think it's funny that Elway kept him to keep up appearances of being patient with coaches. He's never going to have that reputation so you might as well go out and get who he wants.

Am I wrong? Is there any other reason besides appearances to keep Joseph? Is there a silverlining in his coaching? They just know that they are not going have a good year next year and so you might as well have a coach that will go down with the ship instead of a better coach who looks like he failed the first year? Can Elway not recruit without proving something on offense first?

Yeah, I think your best route is to have another rebuilding year where Joseph is fired. I think it's funny that Elway kept him to keep up appearances of being patient with coaches. He's never going to have that reputation so you might as well go out and get who he wants.

Am I wrong? Is there any other reason besides appearances to keep Joseph? Is there a silverlining in his coaching? They just know that they are not going have a good year next year and so you might as well have a coach that will go down with the ship instead of a better coach who looks like he failed the first year? Can Elway not recruit without proving something on offense first?

To be fair to Joseph. Had Elway not been such a disaster st drafting QBs, they would have won a lot more games.

Keeping Joseph keeps everyone from talking about what a shitty job of finding quarterbacks he has done with the exception of Manning. And I'm not sure you call signing Manning a "find". We all knew about him. Really you couldn't do worse with as much resources as they have put into the position. The Elway shine is going fast.

If Gary Kubiak can fall ass backwards into a Super Bowl win, I'm confident Andy Reid can right the ship and do so as well.

You mean if Andy Reid goes to another organization? Because, Chiefs? I mean that has been the mantra around here, hasn't it?

I still don't get your reverse psychology, jinxing, joking, etc I mean, I get it, but I don't know when. Is it just before games, during games, or does extend into the off-season? I'm trying to figure it out without going too far to one side. I can't assume you're always joking. Or that you are always serious.

You mean if Andy Reid goes to another organization? Because, Chiefs? I mean that has been the mantra around here, hasn't it?

I still don't get your reverse psychology, jinxing, joking, etc I mean, I get it, but I don't know when. Is it just before games, during games, or does extend into the off-season? I'm trying to figure it out without going too far to one side. I can't assume you're always joking. Or that you are always serious.

Did you see the game Saturday?  Everything had to go wrong in order for the Chiefs to lose and as predictable as the sunrise, it did:

Bad calls from officials regarding forward progress arguably took 9 points off the board for KC

Stud kicker misses easy FG

Lucky play by Titans for TD

Defensive collapse

Offensive collapse

It was literally every single, bad, home playoff loss by the Chiefs all wrapped into one.

I'm feeling much better today though, I mean all you can is laugh at how unbelievable it is.  I mean yes, sometimes I am joking, but this stuff really does happen.

However, it can't keep going like this.  Nobody has this kind of bad luck forever...

Kubiak won a superbowl, that means anyone can win it

And Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer. I wonder if they could have done it together? Oops, pushed it to far. (This has nothing to do with Mahomes, but Mahomes will hopefully be closer to Manning than those other two.)

I would be pissed if the Broncos hired Andy Reid, even if it meant getting rid of Joseph. Reid will never win a Super Bowl.

How long did it take Cowher to win a SB? How about Vermeil? See what happens when we finally have our own qb in place, give it 3 years and go from there. I think if we can get the defense set, Sutton gone, we will be good to go. Mahomes has come into a good situation with the offensive players we have and being able to sit for a year plus have all off season, camp etc with the 1s.

Did you see the game Saturday? Everything had to go wrong in order for the Chiefs to lose and as predictable as the sunrise, it did:

Bad calls from officials regarding forward progress arguably took 9 points off the board for KC

Stud kicker misses easy FG

Lucky play by Titans for TD

Defensive collapse

Offensive collapse

It was literally every single, bad, home playoff loss by the Chiefs all wrapped into one.

I'm feeling much better today though, I mean all you can is laugh at how unbelievable it is. I mean yes, sometimes I am joking, but this stuff really does happen.

However, it can't keep going like this. Nobody has this kind of bad luck forever...

I would not call a 48 yard fg as an easy one.

If Gary Kubiak can fall ass backwards into a Super Bowl win, I'm confident Andy Reid can right the ship and do so as well.

Holy Sugar nuts....that was Kubiak's finest coaching job ever to get Manning's noodle arm thru the season to the Championship.....man o man.....

And Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer. I wonder if they could have done it together? Oops, pushed it to far. (This has nothing to do with Mahomes, but Mahomes will hopefully be closer to Manning than those other two.)

There is an inherent difference between Manning winning in Denver and the other two.

Dilfer had arguably the best defense in the history of the game- his job was to not screw it up. Get them 10 and it was over.

Johnson benefited from a very good defense that called every line call the Raiders had before they called it. Callahan failed to change the terminilogy- Chucky knew it by

heart.

Denver/Manning/Kubiak had none of this.....Cam Newton folded like a cheap suit and so did the Panthers offense, just like this past week....

Holy Sugar nuts....that was Kubiak's finest coaching job ever to get Manning's noodle arm thru the season to the Championship.....man o man.....

Kubiak didn't do shit.  They won because of their defense.  They were at least at -8 in turnover margin for the year and still won the Super Bowl. 

It was one of the most "fortunate" super bowl runs of all time.  You know, the fluky ones where a team's defense carries them all they way?

They only happen like once ever 15 years or so

There is an inherent difference between Manning winning in Denver and the other two.

Dilfer had arguably the best defense in the history of the game- his job was to not screw it up. Get them 10 and it was over.

Johnson benefited from a very good defense that called every line call the Raiders had before they called it. Callahan failed to change the terminilogy- Chucky knew it by

heart.

Denver/Manning/Kubiak had none of this.....Cam Newton folded like a cheap suit and so did the Panthers offense, just like this past week....

Now you are the one telling jokes, Denver didn't benefit from one of the top defenses we've seen this era?  Boy I wonder why Cam folded, it couldn't have been the defense could it, you know the same one that stuffed the Patriots and that guy you may have heard of Brady on the way to the superbowl....

Archived