Eric Bieniemy set to be the new OC?

Seems like there's a strong chance!!..I wonder if he will feel inclined to RUN the ball more? :D

Ian RapoportVerified account @RapSheet
FollowFollow @RapSheet
More

The #Chiefs have options at OC to replace Matt Nagy, but one top iternal candidate: RBs coach Eric Bieniemy. A former college OC, he'll be strongly considered.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why do yall assume that Eric wouldn't be allowed to call the plays? What's so different between him and Nagy exactly?

Was Nagy calling plays? Even if and when he was he still had to run them through Reid. Reid is a control freak who isn’t gonna let go

Eric's wife was in that movie with Julia Roberts SLEEPING WITH BIENEMY. I would much prefer Childress who can stand up to Andy Reid.

Yup. Childress will stand up to him. Not confident anyone else will. Could that perhaps be why Childress won’t get the job

Why do yall assume that Eric wouldn't be allowed to call the plays? What's so different between him and Nagy exactly?

Question 1.  Cause the pattern has been there for all of ried's HC career.  Several OC's and looks to be the same results.

Question 2.  Nothing, Eric seems to be another guy reid can just prop up for the OC position and not allow to do his job.  

Time will tell..

Beinemy is no push over. He is a rb coach with tons of energy and plenty of coaching experience before he came to kc. This locker room has tons of respect for the guy. Look Reid was involved in play calling even after he handed it over, and always will be.. if you think his knowledge doesn't help us throughout these games your too shortsighted. I want Andy involved! Just not the every down play caller. Beinemy could be the perfect hire because he is the one coach on that sideline that won't stand to watch us waste an elite rb by abandoning the run game. Beinemy with more say on the sidelines is music to my ears.

I don’t think it’s as much a matter of personality as it is having a resume and history to fall back on.

you might want to try the old Google tool before coming on and throwing your opinion around as fact. Go look up Eric. I bet you are surprised.

Beinemy is no push over. He is a rb coach with tons of energy and plenty of coaching experience before he came to kc. This locker room has tons of respect for the guy. Look Reid was involved in play calling even after he handed it over, and always will be.. if you think his knowledge doesn't help us throughout these games your too shortsighted. I want Andy involved! Just not the every down play caller. Beinemy could be the perfect hire because he is the one coach on that sideline that won't stand to watch us waste an elite rb by abandoning the run game. Beinemy with more say on the sidelines is music to my ears.

You're right. Eric just might be the exact guy we need to stop Andy from running away from the run game. 

you might want to try the old Google tool before coming on and throwing your opinion around as fact. Go look up Eric. I bet you are surprised.

Let me rephrase. I think Childress has enough resume combined with history with Reid to be able to throw his weight around more effectively. I wasn’t diminishing EB’s experience. I should’ve been more clear.

Let me rephrase. I think Childress has enough resume combined with history with Reid to be able to throw his weight around more effectively. I wasn’t diminishing EB’s experience. I should’ve been more clear.

Reports are Childress is retiring..damn.

Archived