Eric Bieniemy set to be the new OC?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love beinemy as the oc, I am also probably in the minority in my thinking that if we fire Sutton his replacement might already be in house as well.. nothing wrong with the scheme. Keep the stability and familiarity. Learning new verbiage is not something you want your guys to do often, n only when needed. It's like youve been studying Spanish for 5 years n the new teacher wants to teach you to French. What's been wrong is the lack of aggressive play calling. Hard to win if you are always reacting to what the o wants to do.. you have to set the tone. Give me Eric beinemy as oc and al Harris as dc.

So while the rest of the league fights over our coordinators year in and year out, the guys in house aren't good enough for this team... hmmm

no, but unfortunately they're already gone.  If it were me I would've never let Pederson OR Nagy leave but the teams can't let these guys leave for promotions so your hands are tied.

no, but unfortunately they're already gone.  If it were me I would've never let Pederson OR Nagy leave but the teams can't let these guys leave for promotions so your hands are tied.

My point was some here would have us believe that our coaches are all bums, n we need start from scratch with coaches from outside this organization, while the rest of the league knows the real deal and will continue to snag coaches from within our organization to run theirs.

My favorite two coaches on this staff are Bienemy and Al Harris. They both bring an edge and intensity we really need. Is Bienemy the right guy to help mold a young QB? I guess that's primarily Andy's job.

Mike, if Sutton is retained Im gonna have a hard time buying in next season. There has to be some accountability. Our defense has fallen off a cliff the last 2 years and Suttons message is obviously tired.

My favorite two coaches on this staff are Bienemy and Al Harris. They both bring an edge and intensity we really need. Is Bienemy the right guy to help mold a young QB? I guess that's primarily Andy's job.

These are my in house choices for coordinators. Edge, intensity, now that's something I can get behind.

Mike, if Sutton is retained Im gonna have a hard time buying in next season. There has to be some accountability. Our defense has fallen off a cliff the last 2 years and Suttons message is obviously tired.

I agree. I've been a season ticket holder quite a while. I'm not sure I'll renew if they don't make a change. I'm pondering emailing them in that regard.

Well Rapport is really pushing this now...

Ian RapoportVerified account @RapSheet
FollowFollow @RapSheet
More

When Matt Nagy was hired by the #Bears, I mentioned RBs coach Eric Bieniemy as a possible replacement at OC. My understanding is that's something that's being strongly considered. He has the inside track.

From LaDanian Tomlinson last year....

The running backs coach, Eric Bieniemy," LT said. "I'm telling you, man, this guy is a star in the making. Just like with Hue Jackson, I think Eric Bieniemy is the next coach to see a coordinator job or a possible head coach job down the line. I'm saying that because he's the reason why those young guys are performing the way they're performing. I went to the Chiefs training camp and the one thing that I saw was Eric Bieniemy on the field before practice started with those young guys, Spencer Ware and Charcandrick West. He was out there working with them, getting them ready just in case something like this happens."

Lost in all this is the question , who , if anyone, does Nagy take with him from our staff ? There might be more openings yet

I'm sure anything is possible. If Sutton does go this will be an almost unprecedented turnover in coaches, front office staff and on field talent from a two time defending division champ. I think it's a great thing really although it may lead to some early bumps in the road. 

Archived