Why Andy Reid should be fired

Last 5 years with Reid we have done more than the previous years. We have won more games, same amount of playoff wins, drafted a top first round Qb, back to back division champs etc. Let it play out and not compare the previous 20 years before Reid to what he has done for us so far. If next few years we hit an AFC championship and make our way to the SB then how will it look? Doom and gloom, typical SP

Last 5 years with Reid we have done more than the previous years. We have won more games, same amount of playoff wins, drafted a top first round Qb, back to back division champs etc. Let it play out and not compare the previous 20 years before Reid to what he has done for us so far. If next few years we hit an AFC championship and make our way to the SB then how will it look? Doom and gloom, typical CP

Your trust in Andy Reid is astonishing, considering he’s never won anything. I’ve seen enough of this clown in his 5 years here.

Your trust in Andy Reid is astonishing, considering he’s never won anything. I’ve seen enough of this clown in his 5 years here.

Them it might be time to move on. Follow Nagy to Chicago with your boy Mitch. Then you don't have to be such a downer all the time. You will free yourself puff the chiefs. Bearsp looks like a good strong name

He should be fired but won't because of his tenure in the league.

The next step would be Hunt forcing him to delegate responsibilities to coordinators so he can just eyeball talent and manage the games.

Eagles fans are laughing their asses off at us right now. They’ve seen and heard it all before from Andy Reid. The truly crazy thing is that he keeps making the same mistakes over and over again. Been doing it for 19 years, and still going strong. Reid is a good regular season coach who chokes in the postseason. So in that sense, it makes sense that Clark would want him here to carry on the tradition Marty set before him.

Eagles fans are laughing their asses off at us right now. They’ve seen and heard it all before from Andy Reid. The truly crazy thing is that he keeps making the same mistakes over and over again. Been doing it for 19 years, and still going strong. Reid is a good regular season coach who chokes in the postseason. So in that sense, it makes sense that Clark would want him here to carry on the tradition Marty set before him.

Yeah those eagle fans told us didn't they, they tried the new unconventional up n comer at coach after firing Reid. how'd that work out again? Oh that's right they quickly realized the mistake they made dumped him n hired one of Reid's assistants to bring his way back to their franchise.. looks like they finally got that situation righted.

I was pretty mad at Reid after the playoff game. I'm still not sure he will ever advance to the SB with the Chiefs, but I no longer want him fired. I have no idea who the Chief would get. 

I just watched the 93 divisional  playoff game when the Chiefs defeated the Oilers.  This was the game that made me a diehard Chiefs fan. I was a fan before, but not really into football like that. I missed all the early Marty years when he brought the Chiefs back to prominence, and wish I hadn't.

To my point. When I watched that game back then I was in my early twenties. Back then, not having the knowledge I have now, I remembered it being a much easier game than it actually was.

That was a tough game. I was really impressed with how physical the Chiefs defense was. The Oilers defense was also very physical. If I hadn't known the outcome of the game, I would have thought the Chiefs were going to lose, and been relieved when they pulled out the win. 

Playoff football is tough, and I don't think it was just Reid who was responsible for the loss (although I think he had a part in it). I want to withhold judgment on Reid until I see what happens with Mahomes. 

Mors congrats .. your on my ignore list because your posts are BORING & Your a PATHETIC WHINER

You meant you’re, as in, you are, but I still understood. So I guess the original author in the link I posted is just a crackpot with nothing valid in his article. Sure, buddy.

I don't think he should because at the end of the day his Monday through Saturday play design and gameplanning is still one of the best.  He needs to hire an OC who will call the plays for him and man just get an intern or someone to manage the clock.  Those last two things are easier to fix than to go out and trust a new head coach who will have as creative as an offense as Reid does.  Are we going to trust Mahomes and our team to a first year coach with no experience or go with some 'veteran' who just got canned like Fox or Del Rio.  Maybe we should hire Jeff Fisher! 

side note, I would be all over Fisher as a DC

Reid isn't without his faults, but no coach is perfect either. The guy that wrote the article seems like he wants to be right so bad about Reid being marty 2.0 that he just ignores anything that might put Reid into good light.

No he doesn’t. He acknowledged that Reid is a good regular season coach. Beyond that, what is so special about Andy Reid?

I don't think he should because at the end of the day his Monday through Saturday play design and gameplanning is still one of the best. He needs to hire an OC who will call the plays for him and man just get an intern or someone to manage the clock. Those last two things are easier to fix than to go out and trust a new head coach who will have as creative as an offense as Reid does. Are we going to trust Mahomes and our team to a first year coach with no experience or go with some 'veteran' who just got canned like Fox or Del Rio. Maybe we should hire Jeff Fisher!

side note, I would be all over Fisher as a DC

Not sure, but Sean McVay and Jared Goff seemed to do some pretty good things together in their first year.

Not sure, but Sean McVay and Jared Goff seemed to do some pretty good things together in their first year.

True, so who would you replace Reid with?  I don't really see any McVay/little Shanahan's out there right now.   Also McVay and Goff kind of fell on their face in the playoff game, first year coaches always look a little better because of the last place schedule they get to play.

So I guess the original author in the link I posted is just a crackpot with nothing valid in his article. Sure, buddy.

Well the guy is not much of a writer and obviously has an agenda so yeah, there was pretty much nothing valid in that... i hesitate to call it an article because it was mostly a glorified fan post.

True, so who would you replace Reid with? I don't really see any McVay/little Shanahan's out there right now. Also McVay and Goff kind of fell on their face in the playoff game, first year coaches always look a little better because of the last place schedule they get to play.

I don’t know, but my point is that we know what we’re getting with Andy Reid, and it’s not a playoff winner. History proves that. I’d prefer to roll the dice on a young up and comer with a little fire; not unlike what the Chiefs are about to do by trading Alex Smith and starting Patrick Mahomes. I’m fed up with Andy Reid and his inability to learn from past mistakes. And as Chiefs fans, since when is regular season success the goal? I want a disruptor, someone like Sean McVay or even Matt Nagy for that matter. Instead, we’re stuck with a guy who continues to make the same mistakes after 19 years of making them. It’s pathetic.

Archived