Childress to retire.

Yep....

Tom PelisseroVerified account @TomPelissero
FollowFollow @TomPelissero
More

#Chiefs assistant head coach Brad Childress has been planning to retire, sources tell @JamesPalmerTV and me, and it doesn’t sound like Andy Reid will be able to talk him out of it after Matt Nagy’s departure. He’s at peace. More turnover in KC.

I feel bad for Mahomes. He's in a better situation than Smith was when he came in, but he is getting a bit of what happened there. For those who didn't follow, a few of the offensive coordinators left the Niners to be coaches (Norv Turner, Mike McCarthy). But they left after the QB starting. Mahomes is behind the 8 ball, but still has Andy's playbook. Andy calls many to most of the plays anyway so it's not losing 100 percent.

I feel bad for Mahomes. He's in a better situation than Smith was when he came in, but he is getting a bit of what happened there. For those who didn't follow, a few of the offensive coordinators left the Niners to be coaches (Norv Turner, Mike McCarthy). But they left after the QB starting. Mahomes is behind the 8 ball, but still has Andy's playbook. Andy calls many to most of the plays anyway so it's not losing 100 percent.

I think your last point makes it not so bad as it may seem (hopefully). Alex Smith had Mike Singletary and Mike Nolan, both hardcore defensive coaches. 

Archived