Alex to Browns makes to much sense

Browns have three 2nd and I can just see Dorsey sending one to Reid for Alex and then spending one of those early 1st round picks to grab a QB to do it the Packers way and sit that QB behind Alex for a year or two.....THREE 2nd rounders

I think they allow Smith to make a choice between close picks but Dorsey probably has more ammo than the rest to spend on a guy he has stabilized an organization with. If Dorsey gives up an early 2nd it's no brainer, I think we can get no more than a late 2nd from other teams but who knows. 

Can't remember which talking head on NFL network said it, but it was his belief from talking around the league that the floor for negotiations with smith would be the 2 2nd rounders we spent to bring Alex here.. said that yes he is 5 years older, but he literally lead the league in a few impressive an stats this year. We could get lucky here n snag some decent compensation.

I still think Jax is a perfect fit for Alex. Everything is in place there but a QB that can make an occasional big play and not turn the ball over. They are a contender now and could postpone rookie pains for 3 to 5 years with Alex there. Warm weather, strong run game, strong d...Alex can just be Alex and do well.

That's what I'm saying.. many here are so down on some of the frustrations that maybe we have skewed our perception of smiths trade value.. I'd take 2 2s in a heart beat, and this dude seemed to think that is the floor for the trade talks. While a ton of us on this board were like hell, we'll take a six pack n a box of tampons for the wife! Many thought we would be lucky to pull more than a 3rd or 4th with his contract. It'll be interesting to see what compensation actually comes.

I think they allow Smith to make a choice between close picks but Dorsey probably has more ammo than the rest to spend on a guy he has stabilized an organization with. If Dorsey gives up an early 2nd it's no brainer, I think we can get no more than a late 2nd from other teams but who knows. 

BS   the heck with Alex. Trade him for what is best for the Chiefs.  better get 2 # 2 from the browns

After the Bradford trade nothing would surprise me in the QB market. 2 2nds is more than enough to pull the trigger IMO. We could use some ammo to replace aging guys.

The Bradford trade was a complete outlier , a panic move caused by a qb injury. You can’t compare mid season moves like that as if they set precedents because they don’t.

The Bradford trade was a complete outlier , a panic move caused by a qb injury. You can’t compare mid season moves like that as if they set precedents because they don’t.

Sith mentioned the Bradford thing, but not the guys on NFL network that we're reporting the 2 2s as a floor for negotiations.

I don't care if we play him twice a year in Denver. He's in his absolute optimal situation with Andy Reid. He's proven he takes time to gain comfort and trust in a new system. That coaching staff wouldn't last thru the next season. Then his yearly playbooks keep him as flustered as ever.

I wish no ill will on Alex and that would be a terrible situation for him. Even so, I'm not happy with him (the player) in the least. Just glad he should be leaving.

Yep, two of them in the 4th and OT. But that was years ago. Hopefully, he gets another chance in the NFC for maximum compensation possible. Optimally, we'd beat him in the SB.

Talk about coaching blunder. Harbaugh left him in there. Also hasn't done much at Michigan in three years.

Archived