Ok. Passing game in the second half.

Here is the overhead shot, it was the 3rd down at the end of the game

https://twitter.com/RealMNchiefsfan/status/950825874294702080

Aside from Alex pissing down his leg, that play had not a single route between the numbers beyond five yards. So much open field. Everything from the call to the execution was a shit show.

Aside from Alex pissing down his leg, that play had not a single route between the numbers beyond five yards. So much open field. Everything from the call to the execution was a shit show.

Alex had an impressive career high 8.0 YPA for the season, but in the 4th quarter this dropped to 7.1 and his QB rating dropped from 104 to 87. Also should be noted we had the ball with a chance to win or tie in EVERY loss this season except Dallas. 

Alex had an impressive career high 8.0 YPA for the season, but in the 4th quarter this dropped to 7.1 and his QB rating dropped from 104 to 87. Also should be noted we had the ball with a chance to win or tie in EVERY loss this season except Dallas.

Very telling of his play in pressure situations.

Big difference. A defense isn’t going to honor the run with west in like they would with hunt. West in the game is tipping the defense that it’s a passing situation.

Mot sure I agree 100%- it may have something to do with it but they only ran it 4 times total (RB's)....

I think it was just the Washington game that we succeeded? Or am I remembering incorrectly? I mean, I'm not going to blame him for not having a closer game against other teams because you want to build a lead, but not scoring in win it or lose it situations is not good. Even though the Oakland game we could have gotten one more first down and never give them the ball back, I give the defense blame there, too.

Mot sure I agree 100%- it may have something to do with it but they only ran it 4 times total (RB's)....

West isn’t a threat on the ground like hunt is. Typically west is used in pass pro and as a safety valve. It changes the defense drastically. Linebackers don’t have to hold against the run on west.

West isn’t a threat on the ground like hunt is. Typically west is used in pass pro and as a safety valve. It changes the defense drastically. Linebackers don’t have to hold against the run on west.

Yea if Hunt played 10 of those snaps instead of West we would have seen the RPO and Hunt would have gotten more carries

Yea if Hunt played 10 of those snaps instead of West we would have seen the RPO and Hunt would have gotten more carries

Not a fan of the RPO. I feel it’s better left to college. Against superior athletes I don’t feel like it’s success is consistent enough.

I think it was just the Washington game that we succeeded? Or am I remembering incorrectly? I mean, I'm not going to blame him for not having a closer game against other teams because you want to build a lead, but not scoring in win it or lose it situations is not good. Even though the Oakland game we could have gotten one more first down and never give them the ball back, I give the defense blame there, too.

The Redskins game we were tied but Alex did make a great pass and a great catch by Wilson I believe to set up Butker for the game winner. But Pat Mahomes led a similar drive in Denver in his one opportunity. 

And your right technically my statement isn't true against Oakland where we needed a first down, but had a lead. But we had the ball with plenty of time to go win game against the Giants, Bills, Steelers and Titans and tie the Jets and we ended up losing all 5. 

Point here is that when we won, we usually had the game in hand late. 9 of our 10 wins came by a TD or more. 6 by double digits. Meanwhile 5 of our 6 losses came by a TD or less. 

This is something this team needs to improve on to move forward. 

Archived