Nagy called every play in the 2nd half

“I called every single play in the second half,” Nagy said. “That’s a learning situation for me. I’ve gone back, I’ve looked at it. There’s scenarios where I wish I would have made some different choices with the playcall. But that was a failure in my book, for me. But I’ll grow from it, and I’ll learn from it, I promise you that. I’ll use that as a strength here for me with the Chicago Bears.”

LOL man I'm eating some crow today yall :D . I'm actually happy that it wasn't Andy, because then it would have crystalized the notion that he hadn't learned from his previous mistakes. So to know that it wasn't him is nice to hear. Although Nagy saying that after he's already got a job is quite easy to do as a favor to his mentor, right? 

I may be cynical but sounds like a return favor to Andy. Andy first says I called all the bad plays and Nagy the good plays while Nagy was interviewing and then once Nagy has his job secure he does a solid for Andy. Either way they got to conservative and that is Andys MO so regardless of who was calling the plays Andy had direct influence on what type of plays were being called.

Like Nagy is going to throw the guy who gave him his break in the NFL under the bus, Lamar is right Nagy did a solid for Reid so KC doesn't hate Reid more than they already do.  No running the ball, short cute stupid pass plays and nothing downfield reeks of Reid. 

Alex Smith. Alex Smith. Alex Smith.

Ordinary, repetitive, comfortable, safe...

Even Andy Reid/Matt Nagy plays can be manipulated.

This offense will be drastically different with Mahomes at the helm.

I won't even add the disclaimer.

Anybody with half a brain could tell andy was half joking half covering for his boy Nagy. Andy is on the front endbof an extension so there's no need for nagy tp cover for Andy. So no, he didn't do him a solid on the way out. That is foolishness just for the sake of posters trying to spin it so they don't look even more stupid than they have since the freakout started saturday.

Alex Smith. Alex Smith. Alex Smith.

Ordinary, repetitive, comfortable, safe...

Even Andy Reid/Matt Nagy plays can be manipulated.

This offense will be drastically different with Mahomes at the helm.

I won't even add the disclaimer.

I agree with your fourth sentence. Otherwise, it is team, team, team. We can all look for a scapegoat, but everyone had a hand in it. I don't think many here made Smith more than he is. Just because he wasn't good enough doesn't mean it's all on him. If we had won with him, I wouldn't have given him all the credit either. Neither would anyone else.

Anybody with half a brain could tell andy was half joking half covering for his boy Nagy. Andy is on the front endbof an extension so there's no need for nagy tp cover for Andy. So no, he didn't do him a solid on the way out. That is foolishness just for the sake of posters trying to spin it so they don't look even more stupid than they have since the freakout started saturday.

This. The fact of the matter is this isn’t a new issue we’ve had when losing these types of games. We’ve seen it before Nagy was the OC. Reid and Smith are not a championship duo. It’s satisfied

I agree with your fourth sentence. Otherwise, it is team, team, team. We can all look for a scapegoat, but everyone had a hand in it. I don't think many here made Smith more than he is. Just because he wasn't good enough doesn't mean it's all on him. If we had won with him, I would've given him all the credit either. Neither would anyone else.

I understand. Not many would agree with me. It is an opinion after all. Backed by numbers of course but an opinion after all.

I understand. Not many would agree with me. It is an opinion after all. Backed by numbers of course but an opinion after all.

I think you're spot on. The offense will be vastly different with mahomes. Even if they didn't change the playcalls, and they will, just the simple fact that mahomes will not turtle like alex did will change things. Mahomes has no conscience.

And yes, andy and alex has run it's course. But reid is smart enough to not say that in order to drive the price up. He knows alex is done here.

I agree with your fourth sentence. Otherwise, it is team, team, team. We can all look for a scapegoat, but everyone had a hand in it. I don't think many here made Smith more than he is. Just because he wasn't good enough doesn't mean it's all on him. If we had won with him, I would've given him all the credit either. Neither would anyone else.

Words of wisdom

I think you're spot on. The offense will be vastly different with mahomes. Even if they didn't change the playcalls, and they will, just the simple fact that mahomes will not turtle like alex did will change things. Mahomes has no conscience.

And yes, andy and alex has run it's course. But reid is smart enough to not say that in order to drive the price up. He knows alex is done here.

Also, mahomes take the roof of the defense. They have to play differently.

Nothing Matters Andy Reid is still head coach. He is a proven choke. He could over rule any play called. Chiefs need a complete coaching overhaul. Andy teached CHOKING SKILLS. Wont happen so KC will be known as the biggest choke team in pro sports.

Free agents likely avoid KC due to choke coach and KC is not on the top 50 list of places to live in the USA'

Chiefs fans need to get the paper bags out.

Sure Nagy called the plays....right after Reid told him which ones to call.

In all seriousness who knows really and I did see what looked to be Reid calling plays during the 2nd half BUT maybe not many people know that tv stations will show tape from different times of the game over the air. So what I saw could of been from Reid during the 1st half replayed for us viewers.

Nothing Matters Andy Reid is still head coach. He is a proven choke. He could over rule any play called. Chiefs need a complete coaching overhaul. Andy teached CHOKING SKILLS. Wont happen so KC will be known as the biggest choke team in pro sports.

Free agents likely avoid KC due to choke coach and KC is not on the top 50 list of places to live in the USA'

Chiefs fans need to get the paper bags out.

Don’t agree as we have snagged some good FAs lately and I don’t see that changing, players love Reid.

Sure Nagy called the plays....right after Reid told him which ones to call.

In all seriousness who knows really and I did see what looked to be Reid calling plays during the 2nd half BUT maybe not many people know that tv stations will show tape from different times of the game over the air. So what I saw could of been from Reid during the 1st half replayed for us viewers.

Whoever was calling the first half was also calling the second. Difference is we had no Kelce. Plus what did we run, like 15 total plays in the 2nd half. 4 runs, 11 passes I think. Having a RB as OC could prove important to simply staying more patient with run game. Which will be very important to help young QB.

Is anyone else concerned that Reid will see this, if true, as evidence that he should call the whole game? I don't think he is petty enough to not give playcalling to someone else because promotions leave him with no one. But if he thinks that he called a good first half that he had been saving all year and then when he handed off a safe game, this happens? He has his own flaws, obviously he can overrule any play called, is responsible for the strategy, etc., but one could see this as evidence to go the wrong way. Maybe the question was only about the second half, but if Nagy called the whole game, it seems like he would say that.

Obviously, early on, they will give the playcalling to Reid because Bienenemy is new, but once Bienemy takes the reins, he should keep it.

Whoever was calling the first half was also calling the second. Difference is we had no Kelce. Plus what did we run, like 15 total plays in the 2nd half. 4 runs, 11 passes I think. Having a RB as OC could prove important to simply staying more patient with run game. Which will be very important to help young QB.

Yes, we were 5/10 in the second half for 33 yards. (Not every called pass play was passed.) If we had been running to run out the clock, then those yards per attempt would be obvious burning clock. But not running, losing the game, having to score at the end but not, it's inefficiency at best. I think they did not want to run because they were afraid of getting three and outs. They thought that they would use the offense that got them the lead but I never drops and conservative plays. Obviously, going three and out passing is worse, but you don't know that in foresight per se.

Would run – run – pass be more susceptible to a turnover? Yes, passing three times in a rowhis more open for interception, but maybe they thought they were being unpredictable. My problem is that horizontal passes may not be more likely for an interception, but if intercepted it is more likely for a pick six.

Archived