Nagy called every play in the 2nd half

Whoever was calling the first half was also calling the second. Difference is we had no Kelce. Plus what did we run, like 15 total plays in the 2nd half. 4 runs, 11 passes I think. Having a RB as OC could prove important to simply staying more patient with run game. Which will be very important to help young QB.

I think this is a major coaching issue for the Chiefs on either side of the ball. Whenever we have an injury problem the next man tries to do the same and when the injured guy is a star and we cannot replicate it the whole game plan suffers. We have been terrible at making adjustments to the game plan. 

I think this is a major coaching issue for the Chiefs on either side of the ball. Whenever we have an injury problem the next man tries to do the same and when the injured guy is a star and we cannot replicate it the whole game plan suffers. We have been terrible at making adjustments to the game plan.

There’s some logic here as Andy has talked about wanting essentially a plug and play roster where injuries don’t augment your system. That said though Andy is as good as it gets at getting the most out of his QBs by adapting offense to his strengths.

Improve the line and start Mahomes and the play calling should change. We just have a lot to overcome with the personnel on the defensive side. Not sure what the answer is there.

We were 5th in the NFL in offense without an elite QB and a very average offensive line. Andy has a tendency to abandon run too fast but this play calling deal isn’t nearly the problem people make it out to be. Defense just needs a youthful overhaul in talent and coaching in my opinion. . But with Berry, Houston, Peters, Nelson,Jones and Ragland we are hardly in dire straights there. I’d replace Gibbs, Reid and Sutton although I doubt it happens.

Archived