Did Sutton Retire?

I know we're all ready to move on from 2017 ASAP, but let's give the Chiefs' time on moving on from Sutton and getting a new DC. 

There's alot of factors at play on why they haven't announced anything.

Im getting legitimately pissed. What is the god damn holdup here?

Not sure. My guess is Hunt and Reid have a list of 3-5 guys they want that are either curretnly under contract with another team, still in the playoffs, or they're waiting for someone else to get released/leave.

They HAVE to know the fans will not come to games with Sutton as DC and they HAVE to know his defense cannot hold a lead.

I don't think it's a forgone conclusion that Sutton is gone. One of those that when it's announced i will believe it. If they know they are going to fire him their isn't a reason to keep the guy around. You don't have to keep Sutton while you wait for guys to get done in the playoffs or for guys to get released. Literally no reason to keep him around if the decision has been made.

I said earlier in the season that injuries to Berry, Ford, then DJ not playing up to his normal level, and to a lesser degree Hali having no effect at all will get used as the reason he gets to come back. They also didn't get the production they thought they would from a couple of other guys they thought they would.

I think they look at all that and look at the previous years of the D being at the worst top 7 in ppg and a few years of top 5 in ppg and give him another year.

Not what i want to happen but i what i think will happen.

When teams like Cincinnati, Denver, and Cleveland announce that their head coach is coming back so soon, I wonder why the hurry? I think they have to pay them either way. I know that everyone's going to ask but let them ask until you figure it out. But then again, these guys had all year to figure it out.

I can't believe Hunt extended Andy.   Should have waited after the season.  Seriously.   Coaches should never be extended till the season is over.

Sutton Staying will HURT SEASON TICKET SALES.   No one will expect the defense to attain a top 10 level. 

Clarke Hunt probably has input.  

I can't believe Hunt extended Andy. Should have waited after the season. Seriously. Coaches should never be extended till the season is over.

Sutton Staying will HURT SEASON TICKET SALES. No one will expect the defense to attain a top 10 level.

Clarke Hunt probably has input.

Lol, you mean having the best 4 years as a new Qb coach has ever had with all being winning seasons, a division champion (now back to back for first time ever) and winning a first playoff game in over 21 years was not warranted to extend him early? So we wait until after the season when others can come and talk and drive up the price too? Worked well with Houston and Berry....

Archived