Vikings showing Andy Reid how to win

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was awesome, I thought he was going out of bounds, then all of a sudden no one touches him. THIS GAME DID NOT END UP LIKE THE CHIEFS!!!  I'm happy for the Vikings fans. I'm a drew brees fan, but F%k him this time!

Zimmer is a winner. Sure he’d lost 10 straight playoff games as a coach before this, like that makes any difference. LOL!

I think he's just lucky. He's a good coach, but this win is on the players. Case keenum and that receiver won that game. 

Case Keenum just did twice in 3 minutes what Alex couldn’t do once. Not to mention Drew Brees did it as well. Enough said.

Smith did it to Brees twice in 2011. Smith's were two touchdowns and Keenum's was a touchdown and a field goal. Deep passes by Smith, too. Smith didn't do it this year, but this is Keenum's first dance, like it was for Smith. Keenum's hasn't been playing long enough to fail again like Smith.

I mean, I don't think it is relevant, but you brought it up.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/14/49ers-beat-saints-after-furious-final-five-minutes/

He literally blew the whole season. Just let him catch it and tackle him inbounds.

Another instance of a guy trying to make sportscenter instead of being mechanically sound and making the easy play. These ego driven look at me players will never learn.

Another instance of a guy trying to make sportscenter instead of being mechanically sound and making the easy play. These ego driven look at me players will never learn.

I thought he was trying to avoid the defenseless receiver penalty but then I thought the last play of the game what was the alternative?

Jimmy Johnson said he was trying to avoid a pass-interference penalty, don't know if I buy that. 

Smith did it to Brees twice in 2011. Smith's were two touchdowns and Keenum's was a touchdown and a field goal. Deep passes by Smith, too. Smith didn't do it this year, but this is Keenum's first dance, like it was for Smith. Keenum's hasn't been playing long enough to fail again like Smith.

I mean, I don't think it is relevant, but you brought it up.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/14/49ers-beat-saints-after-furious-final-five-minutes/

I’m talking about what just happened 8 days ago. Big time QBs and apparently even undrsfted free agents get it done for their team where Alex could not. Seriously cannot wait for the Mahomes II era.

Jimmy Johnson said he was trying to avoid a pass-interference penalty, don't know if I buy that.

He should have let Diggs catch it and wrapped him up. Game over. He panicked and just dove at his knees. I do think he was scared of blowing game rather than making play to win it.

I’m talking about what just happened 8 days ago. Big time QBs and apparently even undrsfted free agents get it done for their team where Alex could not. Seriously cannot wait for the Mahomes II era.

OK, this is stupid. Smith did do it at Keenum's stage in the divisional round against the same team. It was either not relevant who he beat or it is. Smith did the same damn thing. The fact that it was this year is irrelevant. Can Smith do it? He has. Yes, Keenum has not failed yet, but he will eventually. No one wins every year.

If he wins the Super Bowl, that is something Smith has not done. I expect the Vikings to make it because of Philadelphia's injured quarterback.

But I am excited for the Mahomes era, too. Winning three or four games in a row in the playoffs seems exceedingly difficult for Smith.

OK, this is stupid. Smith did do it at Keenum's stage in the divisional round against the same team. It was either not relevant who he beat or it is. Smith did the same damn thing. Yes, Keenum has not failed yet, but he will eventually. The fact that it was this year is irrelevant.

Just frustrating to see almost an identical situation as we faced and he responded where Alex didn’t. Doesn’t make Keenum any more than a one game or season wonder. But all this went down almost exactly as ours did. He’s a 1.2 million dollar journeyman QB ironically coached in college by Pat Mahomes coach. So maybe it’s fortuitous.

We weren’t beating that focused Pats team anyway. No more Alex criticisms. I appreciate what he did here and wish him the best.

Alex Smith did beat Brees twice in four minutes with touchdowns.http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/14/49ers-beat-saints-after-furious-final-five-minutes/

Again, I don't think it is relevant, but people are making direct comparisons.

I think for some ignorance is better than knowledge. And saying it on the internet makes it true...

Don't bother then with facts

Archived