WE DON'T NEED TO DESPAIR IF SUTTON STAYS!!

So do yall think Andy would ditch Bob for Spag? How close is their relationship?

Would be nice, but at this point I'm fully expecting Bob Sutton and Alex Smith both to be back. 

Before you or anyone else falls out their seat, it's the Chiefs.  The Chiefs...

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So do yall think Andy would ditch Bob for Spag? How close is their relationship?

Reid gave Spags his first nfl job as a defensive assistant in 1999. He did that for 2 yrs. He then coached DB's for 2 yrs and LBs for 3 before getting his first job as a DC in NY. All told 7 yrs together in Philly. Considering Reid gave him his first job in the NFL, my guess is they are close. Spags was groomed under the late Jimmy Johnson who was Reids DC when he had his best defenses as a HC.

Im not EXPECTING this to happen, but Ive had a gut feeling about this since the season ended. I can see him being brought in as a position coach at the very least, and Im hopeful Reid and Veach have been waiting for him to come available to replace Sutton as DC.

He has been been ranked 5, 2, 3, 7 and 15 in the league in points given up over the last 5 years. And there is little argument we have been below average talent wise. Our best players were DJ, Berry, Houston and Powe all plagued by injuries. Last year Poe was hobbled and the other 2 starters on IR.

I think he is a good DC that deals with what he has with schemes. Improve the talent and you may see a different approach.

And I wont be attending a single fucking game next year because of it.

Hey when people dump their tickets it should send a message to Clark Hunt that he’s going to hold Andy Reid accountable if this move fails. From a defensive standpoint we need better players or the scheme is irrelevant. I’ve already obviously shown i think Sutton has a solid case for staying. I do not however see how no changes are justified. But time will tell and if enough people take action Clark will notice.

Hey when people dump their tickets it should send a message to Clark Hunt that he’s going to hold Andy Reid accountable if this move fails. From a defensive standpoint we need better players or the scheme is irrelevant. I’ve already obviously shown i think Sutton has a solid case for staying. I do not however see how no changes are justified. But time will tell and if enough people take action Clark will notice.

I can't imagine Bob Sutton coming back is good for season ticket renewals.

Chiefs fans are gonna have to hit Hunt where it hurts financially before any changes are made and that has to include Andy Reid.

Do not blame you one bit.

I'm debating whether or not to quit giving a shit for a year or two.

If Smith isn't traded I will not watch games next year. It's damn near impossible for me to do that. We spread some of my fathers ashes outside Arrowhead for christ sake. But I'm that serious. They cannot take our money, loyalty, viewership, etc. for granted. They cannot. This fan base deserves better, and we were slapped in the face AGAIN today with confirmation that Reid will not be giving up playcalling and will be retaining Sutton.

If Smith isn't traded I will not watch games next year. It's damn near impossible for me to do that. We spread some of my fathers ashes outside Arrowhead for christ sake. But I'm that serious. They cannot take our money, loyalty, viewership, etc. for granted. They cannot. This fan base deserves better, and we were slapped in the face AGAIN today with confirmation that Reid will not be giving up playcalling and will be retaining Sutton.

Well said and you're a great son and fan to have done that with your father's ashes. I apologize for questioning your fandom in the past.

Fwiw, after the loss to Denver in the 1997 playoffs I quit watching football until about 2001. Granted, I was 20 years old and in college, easily distracted by other things, but it would be much harder to do it now imo.

I guess I can still pay attention but committing every Sunday to football isn't gonna happen with Sutton coming back. I don't even care about Alex Smith I can't stomach this soft pathetic defense that chokes constantly.

I mean yeah Mahomes is gonna be fun to watch if he does play but Sutton and Reid will fuck up 3-4 games a year they have no business losing so what's the point?

Well said and you're a great son and fan to have done that with your father's ashes. I apologize for questioning your fandom in the past.

Fwiw, after the loss to Denver in the 1997 playoffs I quit watching football until about 2001. Granted, I was 20 years old and in college, easily distracted by other things, but it would be much harder to do it now imo.

I guess I can still pay attention but committing every Sunday to football isn't gonna happen with Sutton coming back. I don't even care about Alex Smith I can't stomach this soft pathetic defense that chokes constantly.

I mean yeah Mahomes is gonna be fun to watch if he does play but Sutton and Reid will fuck up 3-4 games a year they have no business losing so what's the point?

We are averaging 11 wins per season, so your saying we should be winning 14 to 15 games per season? That’s crazy. We overachieve in the regular season.

We are averaging 11 wins per season, so your saying we should be winning 14 to 15 games per season? That’s crazy. We overachieve in the regular season.

There's games we have no business losing that we lose because of Andy Reid.

in 2017 we pissed away a 5-0 start and 21-3 lead in the WC game.  On top of that, they lost to the Bills and Jets and Giants.   

In 2016 we pissed away 2 games against TEN and TB costing us HFA in the playoffs.

in 2015 they started out 1-5 before winning 10 in a row(reg season).  During the 1-5 start, they lost to an awful Bears team at home and pissed away the Broncos home game in week 2 with 5 turnovers.  The Bears loss took us from the 1 seed to the 5 seed when it was all said and done.

How is this so hard to see or understand???

And, I know what you'll say, you'll blame it all on Alex Smith but the HC is fully responsible, period.

There's games we have no business losing that we lose because of Andy Reid.

in 2017 we pissed away a 5-0 start and 21-3 lead in the WC game.  On top of that, they lost to the Bills and Jets and Giants.   

In 2016 we pissed away 2 games against TEN and TB costing us HFA in the playoffs.

in 2015 they started out 1-5 before winning 10 in a row(reg season).  During the 1-5 start, they lost to an awful Bears team at home and pissed away the Broncos home game in week 2 with 5 turnovers.  The Bears loss took us from the 1 seed to the 5 seed when it was all said and done.

How is this so hard to see or understand???

And, I know what you'll say, you'll blame it all on Alex Smith but the HC is fully responsible, period.

Let me say this. I think Andy Reid is the best coach we have had here in my lifetime as a Chiefs fan (circa about 1979 when I moved to KC). He's taken a team that won 25 games the 5 years before he got here and turned that into 55 wins in his tenure. He's won as many division titles as our last 5 coaches combined. He's dominated our division like no other coach since the AFL days and he broke the longest playoff losing streak in modern sports. Plus he has won a ton of playoff games in his career and even been to a Super Bowl. If the narrative here is that he's a bad coach, that's done a bad job here. We are done talking. 

If your saying he's done a good job, but his stubborness is going to keep him from going any further than we have already. Okay. We can certainly debate that. 

But I'd like to know where you stand there. 

Let me say this. I think Andy Reid is the best coach we have had here in my lifetime as a Chiefs fan (circa about 1979 when I moved to KC). He's taken a team that won 25 games the 5 years before he got here and turned that into 55 wins in his tenure. He's won as many division titles as our last 5 coaches combined. He's dominated our division like no other coach since the AFL days and he broke the longest playoff losing streak in modern sports. Plus he has won a ton of playoff games in his career and even been to a Super Bowl. If the narrative here is that he's a bad coach, that's done a bad job here. We are done talking. 

If your saying he's done a good job, but his stubborness is going to keep him from going any further than we have already. Okay. We can certainly debate that. 

But I'd like to know where you stand there. 

He's a good coach but it's obvious he can't win big games or win in the post-season CONSISTENTLY enough to win a Super Bowl.

It's the same song and dance it was with Marty or Vermiel. 

He's a good coach but it's obvious he can't win big games or win in the post-season CONSISTENTLY enough to win a Super Bowl.

It's the same song and dance it was with Marty or Vermiel. 

Totally respect that opinion as if that matters.  Both Marty and Andy are/were good but stubborn coaches who could win a Super Bowl even without a great QB had they just learned how to put ego aside and deal with their shortcomings.  Vermiel broke through on the back of a HOF QB. I believe having a QB like that is so important it trumps most anything else. You put a good coach, even one with issues, with a great QB and I think Super Bowls become almost likely. RIght now we still have Alex Smith and on't know what Mahomes is. So there's that. 

Totally respect that opinion as if that matters.  Both Marty and Andy are/were good but stubborn coaches who could win a Super Bowl even without a great QB had they just learned how to put ego aside and deal with their shortcomings.  Vermiel broke through on the back of a HOF QB. I believe having a QB like that is so important it trumps most anything else. You put a good coach, even one with issues, with a great QB and I think Super Bowls become almost likely. RIght now we still have Alex Smith and on't know what Mahomes is. So there's that.

Belichick was 41-57 and nearly 50 years old when he stumbled into Tom Brady because he had to when Drew Bledsoe went down with an injury.

Belichick was 41-57 and nearly 50 years old when he stumbled into Tom Brady because he had to when Drew Bledsoe went down with an injury.

He did make the decision though, if I remember correctly, to carry Tom as a 4ths tring Qb on the roster. How many would carry that? I think he saw something before the stumbled part of it.

He may have seen something in Tom Brady, anyone would. But the point is, he was a pretty pedestrian coach at best until he ended up with Tom Brady. And not in a small sample size. Now he is considered possibly the best coach in history.

And he didn't see enough in him to start him for over a year. Bledsoe went 0-2 to start Brady's second year. His hand was forced.

He may have seen something in Tom Brady, anyone would. But the point is, he was a pretty pedestrian coach at best until he ended up with Tom Brady. And not in a small sample size. Now he is considered possibly the best coach in history.

And he didn't see enough in him to start him for over a year. Bledsoe went 0-2 to start Brady's second year. His hand was forced.

I don’t want to take anything away from B.B. because he’s the best I’ve ever seen at finding some angle (within the rules or not) and exploiting it. But when you have a talent at QB like he’s had it allows for so much margin for error both with the roster around him and even coaching.

I don’t want to take anything away from B.B. because he’s the best I’ve ever seen at finding some angle (within the rules or not) and exploiting it. But when you have a talent at QB like he’s had it allows for so much margin for error both with the roster around him and even coaching.

Yep not to mention the guy taking lower than going rate contracts for much of his career. The moral of this story... find a clutch qb who thrives under pressure and ride that pony as long as you can.

Archived