Afc championship

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pederson keeping his foot on their throat. Safe to say he didn’t learn that from Andy.

They will put up some points against NE. Diverse offense of Reid with a killer instinct. Two power backs , finesse and physical wideouts and dynamic TE. Not to mention probably the best and underrated front 7 in the league with 4 or 5 excellent pass rushers and a D coordinator who blitzes and shows balls.

WTF are you talking about? They've been to four (4) Super Bowls. Lost every one of them.

I mixed up my words. I meant to win won , therefore I didn’t want them there to have a chance. I know they’ve been there because we beat them in our only championship

Updated list of AFC Champion QBs since 2003:

Brady, Brady, Roethlisberger, Manning, Brady, Roethlisberger, Manning, Roethlisberger, Brady, Flacco, Manning, Brady, Manning, Brady, Brady.

I’m thinking the QB matters......Let the Mahomes era begin

Flacco is the only outlier as he’s closer to Alex smith than he is Ben or Brady. If Mahomes is what I think he is, we can be the pats and Steelers of the next decade.

Holy Nick Foles. Wasn’t good enough to play in kc, but is about to be in a super bowl in a relief effort. He’s got one year left on his contract but he’s very tradeable. I’d imagine this drives the price down for smith. If you’re a team like the bills, would you rather trade for 33 year old Alex Smith or 29 year old Foles coming off of a super bowl appearance?

Wow, I didn't expect the Eagle to lay it to the Vikings like this. Is Pederson that good, or does he just have better talent to work with? It seems like he does on defense.

There’s 11 minutes to go in the game and philly has 21 rushing attempts. Pederson didn’t forget about the run, and he didn’t let up. Keeping the lead makes the opposition one dimensional and negates the running game.

There’s 11 minutes to go in the game and philly has 21 rushing attempts. Pederson didn’t forget about the run, and he didn’t let up. Keeping the lead makes the opposition one dimensional and negates the running game.

No no no, they need to play it safe so they don't lose. It's how championships are won. Sheesh

Flacco is the only outlier as he’s closer to Alex smith than he is Ben or Brady. If Mahomes is what I think he is, we can be the pats and Steelers of the next decade.

With the big dog QBs of the AFC near retirement, it’s the teams that can replace them who have a great shot to win big and often.

Holy Nick Foles. Wasn’t good enough to play in kc, but is about to be in a super bowl in a relief effort. He’s got one year left on his contract but he’s very tradeable. I’d imagine this drives the price down for smith. If you’re a team like the bills, would you rather trade for 33 year old Alex Smith or 29 year old Foles coming off of a super bowl appearance?

Bad thing for us is his one start came against Jax and he looked awful after trying two early deep passes. Now we know that Jags defense was really good and just held back by offense. Foles strength is the deep pass and I do think B.B. will not let him go there and rather force long drives. If Foles beats this his stock will skyrocket.

With the big dog QBs of the AFC near retirement, it’s the teams that can replace them who have a great shot to win big and often.

There really aren’t any threats in the afc. Flacco isn’t getting the ravens back to the super bowl. Rivers is in the twilight of his career. I’m not sold on Mariota though he’s young with upside. I really though Luck would be the guy but he can’t stay healthy and Indy seems like they’re a step above a dumpster fire. Bortles, just played in the afc championship but can he take the next step? Watson is off to a good start but can he parlay that into being one of the best? Once Ben and Brady are gone, there’s absolutely no marquee qb in the afc at this point in time. There are a few guys who have potential to get there but they aren’t there yet. It’s going to be a wide open conference.

I don’t think Brady is going anywhere anytime soon. Ben will probably go before Brady. Brady isn’t taking hits and he’s still playing at a high level and in Super Bowls , so why would he walk away? He’s got another 2-3 years I bet.

There really aren’t any threats in the afc. Flacco isn’t getting the ravens back to the super bowl. Rivers is in the twilight of his career. I’m not sold on Mariota though he’s young with upside. I really though Luck would be the guy but he can’t stay healthy and Indy seems like they’re a step above a dumpster fire. Bortles, just played in the afc championship but can he take the next step? Watson is off to a good start but can he parlay that into being one of the best? Once Ben and Brady are gone, there’s absolutely no marquee qb in the afc at this point in time. There are a few guys who have potential to get there but they aren’t there yet. It’s going to be a wide open conference.

I don’t think Brady is going anywhere anytime soon. Ben will probably go before Brady. Brady isn’t taking hits and he’s still playing at a high level and in Super Bowls , so why would he walk away? He’s got another 2-3 years I bet.

If Bellichek & McDaniels leave (like i’m hearing is going to happen) then I expect Brady’s retirement to be expedited....

Yea, but beating them in the first month of the season is irrelevant. It might have some meaning if he were doing it in December.

Ehh, whatever. December is harder, but it's January or not. Since it's not January, I'll take it as a trivia board question.

Vikings are one of very few remaining teams to have never been in a super bowl. If they make, our streak of futility gets even worse. Even the bungals have been to a super bowl in my lifetime.

Um, Chiefs beat the Vikings in a super bowl....

Archived