Eagles prove the Chiefs are complete Morons

regular season success is great and all, but as Chiefs' fans we've been longing for more since the 90's.

The Chiefs just don't get it, that's my point.

Look at Denver, they went to the Super Bowl after the 2013 season and lost.

The next season, they lost in the divisional round to Indy and fired John Fox. 2 years later, they won the Super Bowl.

The Chiefs won't even fire head coaches that can't win playoff games citing regular season success as the reasoning.

And we wonder why Denver has won 3 Super Bowls since 1997 and the Chiefs haven't???

Fired Edwards, then Haley and then Crennel all in short order for not even having regular season success. I am guessing in 3 more years if we keep losing in the first round with Reid he will be done. I give him 2 to 3 years because of Mahomes. There will be fall guys in between if we keep losing like Sutton etc. Were you not the one harping about 3 different GMs, 4 coaches etc all since Clark took over?

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's still being released. Team option opt outs are releases and do not count for comps.

The player must have their contract run out and become a free agent for them to count

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000813295/article/projecting-compensatory-picks-for-2018-nfl-draft

Chiefs

Projected compensatory picks: One -- Round 6

Key free-agent losses: Nick Foles (Eagles), Dontari Poe (Falcons)

Key free-agent additions: Bennie Logan

Skinny: The loss of Poe was cancelled out by the addition of Logan, so the best possible outcome for the Chiefs would be to receive a fifth-round compensatory pick for Foles. However, since the value will be based not only on annual contract amount but also playing time, it's likely that the Chiefs will be receiving a sixth-rounder.

I'll say it again. 14 of the last 15 AFC Championships have been won by a lock Hall of Fame QB. If you don't have one of these in this league, your season ends in disappointment nearly every time for everyone else. The NFC hasn't had that type of talent and it opens up more doors for those teams and that certainly included this year when both teams had journeymen and somebody had to win. The ideal thing here is to get one of those type QBs for the next era in this league. Do that and you are virtually guaranteed regular season, playoff and even Super Bowl success. Especially when you already have a coach who has proven he can dominate his division and help get you to the postseason with regularity.  

Actually, from what I heard, he wouldn't even take Pioli's call. But for fun, I'll ask why he chose denver over kc? I'll make it a multiple choice option.

1) He liked Denver's uniforms

2) He liked John Elway(not possible)

3) The Chiefs, once again, had an inept coach and GM that he didn't want to play for

4) He liked Colorado weather

Broncos had just knocked off Pit in the playoffs with Tebow. He could throw to D. Thomas and E. Decker rather than D. Bowe and J Baldwin. And Jackie Battle was our leading rusher the year before with 597 yards while McGahee had put up 1199. Oh, and 100 million dollars.

Some franchises are simply winners. Unless they win the big one they just look at the better teams and try to get to their level and beyond. Others simply look at the worse teams and past failures to justify staying put. Unfortunately we are in the second group. Unless he's a fan it's not easy to bring a FA to KC that's chasing rings.

Archived