Pederson learned from Andy’s inability to evolve

Yep.  Nothing will change with Mahomes at QB.  We might see a few more exciting playes here and there, but Reid will still shit the bed up 2 scores or more by turtling up and calling conservative plays.

I'm not even sold on the fact Alex Smith won't be back next season.  I mean, if Sutton hasn't been fired then why would Reid move on from a QB like Smith?

Reid knows he can win 10-11 games every year with Smith so why make the move?

We'll see, I just think it's silly for fans to be all up in arms that Bob Sutton is coming back because "Reid is too loyals and stubborn", yet it's not the same thing when it comes to Alex Smith???

Yep.  Nothing will change with Mahomes at QB.  We might see a few more exciting playes here and there, but Reid will still shit the bed up 2 scores or more by turtling up and calling conservative plays.

I'm not even sold on the fact Alex Smith won't be back next season.  I mean, if Sutton hasn't been fired then why would Reid move on from a QB like Smith?

We'll see, I just think it's silly for fans to be all up in arms that Bob Sutton is coming back because "Reid is too loyals and stubborn", yet it's not the same thing when it comes to Alex Smith???

I don't think Hunt will keep Reid around if the playoffs end up being the same. IMO Reid has two years on his new deal before being replaced, so he better start adjusting and that includes having a more aggressive defensive mindset with or without Sutton. 

Yep. CHOKEVILLE with REID. Team may go undefeated and lose at home in a playoff game.

Yep. CHOKEVILLE with REID. Team may go undefeated and lose at home in a playoff game.

lol they won't go undefeated with Reid as HC.  He'll piss away too many games he had a lead in or should've won easily.

I don't think Hunt will keep Reid around if the playoffs end up being the same. IMO Reid has two years on his new deal before being replaced, so he better start adjusting and that includes having a more aggressive defensive mindset with or without Sutton. 

Sure he will.  He already has.  He could've let both Dorsey and Reid go last year after 4 years of playoff ineptness.  Hunt decided to keep dumbass and let Dorsey go.

I think Reid has to make the switch to Mahomes.  It buys him those 2 years that Mloe was referring too.   He will get a pass next year regardless but that 2nd year we better make some waves in the playoffs and anything short of the AFC Championship game should cause major changes.    

Yep. Nothing will change with Mahomes at QB. We might see a few more exciting playes here and there, but Reid will still shit the bed up 2 scores or more by turtling up and calling conservative plays.

I'm not even sold on the fact Alex Smith won't be back next season. I mean, if Sutton hasn't been fired then why would Reid move on from a QB like Smith?

Did they trade 2 first rounders and a third to get Bob Sutton? Does Bob Sutton count 20 million dollars against our cap next year? Does Bob Sutton have a backup on a rookie contract behind him with even more upside than he has? Can we trade Bob Sutton for a likely second or third rounder in this upcoming draft?

Do these questions make any sense at all? No? Neither does your comparison of the 2 situations. I listened to you call out KC fans for years on the Scout Forum for being eternal pessimists. Now you are the fuckin ring leader. Take your Lithium.

Did they trade 2 first rounders and a third to get Bob Sutton? Does Bob Sutton count 20 million dollars against our cap next year? Does Bob Sutton have a backup on a rookie contract behind him with even more upside than he has? Can we trade Bob Sutton for a likely second or third rounder in this upcoming draft?

Do these questions make any sense at all? No? Neither does your comparison of the 2 situations. I listened to you call out KC fans for years on the Scout Forum for being eternal pessimists. Now you are the fuckin ring leader. Take your Lithium.

Alex Smith was the team MVP for 2017.  You really think a conservative, stubborn coach that doesn't make big changes like Reid will dump Alex?

IMO, if you don't expect them to move on from Bob Sutton who sucks, then you can't expect them to move on from Smith after a career year.

You're right, I was like that.  But as a lot of you have stated, this is the same song and dance every 5 years. 

I'm sick of it and have hit the end of my rope with this.  I won't rip anyone for being pessimistic anymore.

LMAO! Post of the day.

no, but we definitely needed another thread for these two to cry on each others shoulders about the same damn thing over and over!

Alex Smith was the team MVP for 2017. You really think a conservative, stubborn coach that doesn't make big changes like Reid will dump Alex?

IMO, if you don't expect them to move on from Bob Sutton who sucks, then you can't expect them to move on from Smith after a career year.

You're right, I was like that. But as a lot of you have stated, this is the same song and dance every 5 years.

I'm sick of it and have hit the end of my rope with this. I won't rip anyone for being pessimistic anymore.

Will you rip anyone for being optimistic?

no, but we definitely needed another thread for these two to cry on each others shoulders about the same damn thing over and over!

LOL. I get enough teenage drama in my house without having to respond to it here. Anyone who believes QBs don’t matter, their opinion is pretty much worthless to me anyway v

LOL. I get enough teenage drama in my house without having to respond to it here. Anyone who believes QBs don’t matter, their opinion is pretty much worthless to me anyway v

says the guy that cancelled his season tickets when John Dorsey was fired.

says the guy that cancelled his season tickets when John Dorsey was fired.

Darn right. I did something tangible. I didn't just whine about it over and over and over again like somehow that matters. I got over it and moved on. You've said your peace. Andy Reid is an awful coach, QB doesn't matter and this franchise is complete garbage. We get it. 

I’m just ready for the super bowl to be over so we can start seeing what moves are made to mold the team for this coming season. With the beginning of the Mahomes era upon us, this might be the most exciting offseason this franchise has ever seen.

As for Reid. I have my issues with him but I’m good with seeing how he does with a legit qb. I can’t help but think that the issue of being too conservative was tied directly to Alex Smith. If that proves not to be the case, then I’m still not worried because of the math of the situation. Just by age alone Mahomes is more likely to be a chief in 7-8 years than Reid , so if we continue to have playoff collapses necessary changes will be made. I’m fully expecting a 12-15 year window with Mahomes.

Now go get a big possession receiver and lets tee this shit up.

Is it July yet?

I’m just ready for the super bowl to be over so we can start seeing what moves are made to mold the team for this coming season. With the beginning of the Mahomes era upon us, this might be the most exciting offseason this franchise has ever seen.

As for Reid. I have my issues with him but I’m good with seeing how he does with a legit qb. I can’t help but think that the issue of being too conservative was tied directly to Alex Smith. If that proves not to be the case, then I’m still not worried because of the math of the situation. Just by age alone Mahomes is more likely to be a chief in 7-8 years than Reid , so if we continue to have playoff collapses necessary changes will be made. I’m fully expecting a 12-15 year window with Mahomes.

Is it July yet?

Good point about Mahomes outlasting Reid. I hope we do something in the offseason that generates some excitement. Trading Alex Smith would be a great start.

Is it July yet?

Exactly where I am. Last time he had a legit QB Andy won 11 playoff games and went to a Super Bowl. But this roster needs an infusion of talent to make us a legit contender. How our GM in his first offseason goes about transitioning from the old guard should be fun. 

it's pretty sad to see 2 grown men come and cry about another grown man constantly.

Y'all should try putting your big girl panties on and growing a pair. Maybe that will help.

All this whining is dragging down the board and I'm about over it. The mourning period is about over I'd say.

please can we put an end to the broken record crying. They've made their point, let's move on

Archived