ONE THING WE SEEM TO HAVE FORGOTTEN!!

Whilst folks wait for Bob Sutton to be fired, Andy still hasn't replaced Childress or brought in a new QB coach yet. So maybe he's weighing up his options in all areas of the coaching staff before making more moves? He did say after the Titans game that he was gonna sit down and analyze exactly what went wrong. So whilst many may think that Bob will be staying, I wouldn't be totally sure until we see what Reid does about his assistant and QB roles. If he replaces them and Bob still remains, then that will be final confirmation I think. But whilst those positions remain unfilled, then anything can happen with Bob imo. 

Whilst whilst whilst whilst whilst whilst.....now that I have Marley tipsy. That assumption was debunked hours later with Andy Reid turtling up yet again with staff and even play calling by announcing Sutton will be back and he will be calling plays. Whilst.....Dilly Dilly!!!!

Whilst whilst whilst whilst whilst whilst.....now that I have Marley tipsy. That assumption was debunked hours later with Andy Reid turtling up yet again with staff and even play calling by announcing Sutton will be back and he will be calling plays. Whilst.....Dilly Dilly!!!!

Proof that he just does not get it. You cannt come out year after year and say "I have to do a better job" and then go back to exactly the same things that weren't working. Yet Reid does it, and has been his whole career. His comments today proved that he really is incapable of the changes necessary to take him from a very good coach to a great one.

Reid is blindly loyal and egotistical to the point he really is incapable of seeing his own faults through a clear lens like we can. He is smart. We know he isn't dumb. But he literally CANNOT get out of his own way. His possessive nature with playcalling, his crappy clock management, his conservative nature with leads...all these things have plagued this guy his ENTIRE CAREER as a HC. Yet they remain unchanged, and today he confirmed that he will be changing very little going forward. 

Anyone who can look back on the glaring improvements we made as a team after he handed playcalling to Nagy and then say "yeah I'm not doing that next year."... Anyone who can watch game film over the course of 5 seasons and see that his DC is very poor at making schematic, personnel, and playcalling adjustments and that it's costing us big games, and then say "yeah I'm not changing anything there."...That person is either stupid, or just a real egotistical control freak.

This coach will never win a Superbowl. His disciples who learn from the mistakes he makes are the ones vying for titles.

Proof that he just does not get it. You cannt come out year after year and say "I have to do a better job" and then go back to exactly the same things that weren't working. Yet Reid does it, and has been his whole career. His comments today proved that he really is incapable of the changes necessary to take him from a very good coach to a great one.

Reid is blindly loyal and egotistical to the point he really is incapable of seeing his own faults through a clear lens like we can. He is smart. We know he isn't dumb. But he literally CANNOT get out of his own way. His possessive nature with playcalling, his crappy clock management, his conservative nature with leads...all these things have plagued this guy his ENTIRE CAREER as a HC. Yet they remain unchanged, and today he confirmed that he will be changing very little going forward.

Anyone who can look back on the glaring improvements we made as a team after he handed playcalling to Nagy and then say "yeah I'm not doing that next year."... Anyone who can watch game film over the course of 5 seasons and see that his DC is very poor at making schematic, personnel, and playcalling adjustments and that it's costing us big games, and then say "yeah I'm not changing anything there."...That person is either stupid, or just a real egotistical control freak.

This coach will never win a Superbowl. His disciples who learn from the mistakes he makes are the ones vying for titles.

Here! Here! Dilly Dilly!

Fire Andy Reid!

Chiefs fans are gonna have to boycott going to games and from watching on tv for Clark Hunt to figure out all Chiefs fans are sick of this shit.

Sadly it may take another wasted season in 2018 for it to happen

Here! Here! Dilly Dilly!

Fire Andy Reid!

Chiefs fans are gonna have to boycott going to games and from watching on tv for Clark Hunt to figure out all Chiefs fans are sick of this shit.

Sadly it may take another wasted season in 2018 for it to happen

I'm not saying we should fire Reid. At all. I think he is a damn good HC. I am pissed that he won't make the changes I feel he needs to make. But I'm not paid to make football decisions. And we sure aren't going to find anyone better out there.

I'm not saying we should fire Reid. At all. I think he is a damn good HC. I am pissed that he won't make the changes I feel he needs to make. But I'm not paid to make football decisions. And we sure aren't going to find anyone better out there.

Are ya sure? We just watched Doug Pedersen coach his way to the Super Bowl with a back up qb and left tackle.

I mean we had the guy here and just let him leave for the sake of making Andy Reid look good. Granted it's pretty in realistic to have kept him and fired Reid but maybe it shouldn't be.

I'm just saying the bigger problem about the Chiefs is no one is ever held accountable.

John Fox got fired by Denver after 4 seasons and playoff failures. Until Clark Hunt is willing to be that serious we could be in trouble for a while.

Are ya sure? We just watched Doug Pedersen coach his way to the Super Bowl with a back up qb and left tackle.

I mean we had the guy here and just let him leave for the sake of making Andy Reid look good. Granted it's pretty in realistic to have kept him and fired Reid but maybe it shouldn't be.

I'm just saying the bigger problem about the Chiefs is no one is ever held accountable.

John Fox got fired by Denver after 4 seasons and playoff failures. Until Clark Hunt is willing to be that serious we could be in trouble for a while.

He will give Reid a couple years with Mahomes. And should. But if this team is in year 2 of Mahomes in 2019 and we finish the year .500 or something like that, Reid will be canned. The real question is what will happen if we go 9-7 or 10-6 and lose in the first round of the playoffs in 2019. Will Clark have the balls to fire him then? I think the answer is still yes.

But you are right about one thing. In Denver championships are the expectation. Pat Bowlen has owned that team for 34 years and in that time they have played in 7 Superbowls and had a LOSING record 5 times. FIVE. In KC the expectation now is getting to the playoffs. It's a mentality. The expectation is not yet to compete for titles. And that's why we are where we are.

Exactly where I am. Any rational person knows Andy Reid is a good coach snd firing him right after back to back division titles AND right after he brought us our first elite QB prospect in.many decades makes no sense.

But his issues have helped contribute to a scenario we lost close heart breaking playoff games. I don’t think we’ve had Super Bowl caliber talent in the playoffs, but I do think where we have overachieved at times in regular season, we have likewise underachieved in postseason.

All that said we’ve lost these four playoff games by an average of 4 PPG. We’ve been right there in these losses which is both more frustrating and reason for optimism with higher level QB play. Very clearly the better your QB, the more adversity you can endure with injuries, roster issues and this applies to coaching issues as well.

Reality is Andy is REALLY good at hiring assistants. Maybe his biggest strength and he knows it. Problem is that it creates an ego to not recognize that not all of his hires are good ones. Sutton is not bad and he’s had clear tangible success here. But likewise question Andy should be asking is can we do better. And that answer is yes. Chiefs fans wanted a win after that Tenn loss and Sutton’s firing would have provided it.

That said reality is Andy’s work with Mahomes will likeky make or break his legacy here as either the second coming of Marty Shottenheimer or the guy who finally brings as a title. His reluctance to make hard changes on defense probably narrows his margin for error and leaves Veach as the guy who’s got to rebuild defense.

And that’s where we are at. He’s still going to add a piece to coaching staff and maybe if we are lucky it’s a guy like Steve Spagnuola. But overall this deal has become now about first moving completely on from Alex, second development of Mahomes and third what Veach can do over next few offseasons to rework roster and provide some CAP flexibility so we can make key signings.

Not much more to say until we either trade Alex or hire another coach to the staff.

Mloe,

Denver fired John Fox after 4 straight division titles and a super bowl appearance because he couldn't get it done.  They won the Super Bowl the next year.  New England fires coaches and cuts players all the time that don't do their job, on top of having the best QB in NFL history, this is a big reason why they constantly win. 

Quit referencing to how the AFC has been won the past 17 years by having a HOF QB.  There's only been 3 QBs that qualify.   It's not like it's been 10 different HOF QBs getting to the SB from the AFC the past 17 years.  Unless you have had Tom Brady, Big Ben or PFM, you basically had no chance to get to the Super Bowl with the exception of the Ravens. 

I apologize for being so blunt, but it is completely ignorant to sit here KNOWING Andy Reid is keeping Sutton after an awful season and expect him to trade Alex Smith after a career year.   Common sense states that if Reid is willing to keep Sutton, then there's 0 chance he's going to trade Alex Smith.

Brett Veach has 0 control.  All the button pushing for player acquisitions and coaches is being done by Andy Reid.

Brett Veach has 0 control.  All the button pushing for player acquisitions and coaches is being done by Andy Reid.

How do we know a single thing about the inner workings of player acquisition? I hear about 1/4 the people saying what a good job Dorsey did building the roster, 1/2 say Dorsey sucked at building a roster and 1/4 seem sure that Reid does everything in the organization from making every single player decision to taking out the trash.

Then people give Veach credit for Ragland and Butt Kicker, but others say he has no player acquisition authority at all.

It seems like nobody really has a clue and what they think is based on what they want to think.

How do we know a single thing about the inner workings of player acquisition? I hear about 1/ the people saying what a good job Dorsey did building the roster, 1/2 say Dorsey sucked at building a roster and 1/4 seem sure that Reid does everything in the organization from making every single player decision to taking out the trash.

Then people give Veach credit for Ragland and Butt Kicker, but others say he has no player acquisition authority at all.

It seems like nobody really has a clue and what they think is based on what they want to think.

For me it's always been, and continues to be, Andy turning to the GM and stating needs. Perhaps even suggestions. Then the GM has to go find and aquire.

Giving Veach credit for Ragland and Butker is legit in my eyes even if the need had been stressed for the position/s. The GM still has to make the deal in my eyes.

For all intents and purposes, Veach is well respected as a scout first and foremost. I have no doubt he'd have been selected for the position he's in if he wasn't. So even if Andy is the driving force, I'm comfortable with the thought that Veach and his scout staff do the legwork to find and obtain.

Just a guess.

For me it's always been, and continues to be, Andy turning to the GM and stating needs. Perhaps even suggestions. Then the GM has to go find and aquire.

Giving Veach credit for Ragland and Butker is legit in my eyes even if the need had been stressed for the position/s. The GM still has to make the deal in my eyes.

For all intents and purposes, Veach is well respected as a scout first and foremost. I have no doubt he'd have been selected for the position he's in if he wasn't. So even if Andy is the driving force, I'm comfortable with the thought that Veach and his scout staff do the legwork to find and obtain.

Just a guess.

That's how I imagine it works also. And it seems pretty much straight forward that the process should and does work like that. The head coach defines needs and schemes and the GM and the scouting department find the pieces. I'm guessing if there is someone on the roster that isn't cutting it, the coach makes the GM aware of it, and I have no doubt that they all have input on a decision like Mahomes or Smith, but it seems unlikely to me that Andy Reid makes all the personnel decisions as some try to say.

I just ran out of the room screaming with my arms waving in the air like kermit the frog.

Which btw is how i picture some of the more negative folks here every time i read one of their posts.

Admit it you were yelling Waaaazzzuuuppp while doing it too

Archived