Reid is keeping Sutton

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the reality with both Bob Sutton and Alex Smith is they play a safe game that will win you in pressure free situations, but they have zero entertainment value and do not win when it matters. So they put up numbers and wins, but do so in a way that is boring to frustrating to watch. Sutton isn’t great, often isn’t good, but is probably not as terrible as we think. He just isn’t putting a product on the field that is enjoyable to watch. If you are not going to win the Super Bowl, at least be entertaining. Alex and Bob produce neither, so you don’t feel good whether you win or lose most of the time.

Moon we are talking about the Chiefs bro,anything is possible when it comes to logical decision. I do love in the article how he said the not benching Alex worked out......if you mean not winning any playoff games this year as working out then sure it worked out perfectly for the Titans. I don't even hold my breath with the Chiefs anymore

If they don’t get a decent offer, I hope they restructure him and start Mahomes. Teams will be more likely to trade if they know he will not be a FA.

Either way, you have to start Mahomes. The kid has got to develop. Plus you can’t sell tickets starting Smith IMO.

Moon we are talking about the Chiefs bro,anything is possible when it comes to logical decision. I do love in the article how he said the not benching Alex worked out......if you mean not winning any playoff games this year as working out then sure it worked out perfectly for the Titans. I don't even hold my breath with the Chiefs anymore

This might be an instance where Clark inserts his two cents. I don’t think it’d be a stretch to say ticket sales would drop, potentially drastically, if Smith is brought back and the golden child isn’t starting.

This might be an instance where Clark inserts his two cents. I don’t think it’d be a stretch to say ticket sales would drop, potentially drastically, if Smith is brought back and the golden child isn’t starting.

Agreed. It would be a real hard sell to the fan base. Especially after this playoff loss. Can’t see Smith starting.

Of course a Sutton thread turns into a get rid of Alex smith thread.

Chiefs fans have their priorities backwards if anything smith should be back and no way in hell on Sutton based on 2017 performance.

Again Sutton had a solid argument that it was declining talent and injury which is the main culprit the last two seasons. Sutton inherited a team 29th in sacks before he got here. They went 6th, 5th and 4th the next three years. His defense ranked top 5 overall in his first three seasons. And he was top 5 in turnovers created as well. The last two years it’s been a steady decline in sacks and yet they continued as a solid scoring defense that kept us in many games but it was clearly being held together by a string. We need pass rushers and need to effectively fill the void we’ve had since Sean Smith left

The odd reality is that while our pass rushers have gotten less effective, our blitz percentages have been almost cut in half at the same time. And while everyone likes to complain about Houston dropping into coverage, stats clearly show the defense is more effective when he does this.

I believe this speaks volumes about gaping holes on the other side of our stars Houston and Peters.

Also a massive red flag is the demise of our dline as a pass rushing unit. They averaged about 15 sacks per season in 2014 and 15 but dropped to around 5 in 2016. Britt Reid deserves to be fired and we need to rebuild this group in earnest. If your front four can get to the QB it allows dcoordinstors all types of possibilities. Ours hamstrings us.

Lack of talent. Not all Sutton’s fault.

I’m starting to wonder if Smith will stay. It’s Reid and Clark’z decision and it’s obvious they both love the guy. Why throw in Mahomes when we’re owning the division and gambol on a young buck. The buck needs learn first

They will probably listen to offers, but by no means extend an invitation.

If they don’t find an offer they’re satisfied with Smith is staying. So really it comes down to the another team’s desire

I'm not sure if the problem is with Sutton or Reid. As long as things are intense Sutton isn't calling bad plays but relies way too much on guys like Berry or DJ. Had a problem to adjust to his squad. However the major issue is the playcalling mentality and I'm pretty sure Sutton would be more aggressive if his HC ordered him to be. Our defensive meltdowns might simply be entirely on Reid as the whole teams turtles up and the HC is the only guy that's on both sides of the ball.

As long as Reid is in town we need a proven guy that he won't be able to interfere with often. If we keep on the mentality of finding low profile guys Reid will just implement the same mindset to fail time after time. 

Archived