Reid is keeping Sutton

Lack of talent. Not all Sutton’s fault.

I’m starting to wonder if Smith will stay. It’s Reid and Clark’z decision and it’s obvious they both love the guy. Why throw in Mahomes when we’re owning the division and gambol on a young buck. The buck needs learn first

They will probably listen to offers, but by no means extend an invitation.

If they don’t find an offer they’re satisfied with Smith is staying. So really it comes down to the another team’s desire

The day they traded Alex is the day they essentially risk it all to go for the jugular. Drafting a QB like this and sacrificing the short term for it was a gigantic first step. But letting go of the safety valve (or maybe in Alex’s case we should say check down) and going all in is just as important.

They can absolutely create CAP room and keep Alex another season and just take the third round comp pick in 2019. It’s the safe thing to do. Get to January again and hope the ball bounces your way this time. Problem is this has been our organizational philosophy for decades. And it’s never worked. This isn’t the NFC and we still have to deal with Big Ben and Brady.

To get past this home playoff deal we need to ironically create a situation where we very well may not be a playoff team at all initially. I’m fine with that though. It’s time to sink or swim with the guy who can possibly legitmately help this team win a Lombardi.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They better force Sutton to get rid of Zombo. If I have top watch him get his ass kicked out there anymore I'm going to puke

The more playing time Zombo gets, the less I can blame any coaches. The guy has no pass rush skills at a position it’s essential to have pass rush skills.

The more playing time Zombo gets, the less I can blame any coaches. The guy has no pass rush skills at a position it’s essential to have pass rush skills.

then it's the dumbass coach's fault FOR PUTTING HIM OUT THERE!!!

The day they traded Alex is the day they essentially risk it all to go for the jugular. Drafting a QB like this and sacrificing the short term for it was a gigantic first step. But letting go of the safety valve (or maybe in Alex’s case we should say check down) and going all in is just as important.

They can absolutely create CAP room and keep Alex another season and just take the third round comp pick in 2019. It’s the safe thing to do. Get to January again and hope the ball bounces your way this time. Problem is this has been our organizational philosophy for decades. And it’s never worked. This isn’t the NFC and we still have to deal with Big Ben and Brady.

To get past this home playoff deal we need to ironically create a situation where we very well may not be a playoff team at all initially. I’m fine with that though. It’s time to sink or swim with the guy who can possibly legitmately help this team win a Lombardi.

Very well put!! By all means should they trade Smith. Mahomes already has a peaking national attention there is no reason or desire to saturate it

If they don't trade him for anything better than a 3rd, and decide to keep him.....well I hope then some team needs a Qb badly like Minnesota did for Bradford and jumps for Smith then. That is the only scenario I would see brining him back is for trade bait if we absolutely get nothing at all for offers this off season.

then it's the dumbass coach's fault FOR PUTTING HIM OUT THERE!!!

He can only play who’s on the roster. Sutton had no issues generating good pass rush with healthy OLBs who have talent. What’s he supposed to do with Tamba 1 tackle and Dee Ford playing only two healthy games. Scapegoating coaching without acknowledging clear talent void helps nothing.

He can only play who’s on the roster. Sutton had no issues generating good pass rush with healthy OLBs who have talent. What’s he supposed to do with Tamba 1 tackle and Dee Ford playing only two healthy games. Scapegoating coaching without acknowledging clear talent void helps nothing.

While I am not a fan of Bob Sutton and his schemes, the statement above is so true!

It's hard to make chicken salad out of chicken shit.   

More importantly his job is to implement his head coach's wishes and if Reid puts a fire under his a$$ I think Sutton could do better. IMO the problem with the current defensive coaching is that we are not good at developing some positions and need proven commodities. Chiefs have been trying to replace Hali for 5 years with no success.

While I am not a fan of Bob Sutton and his schemes, the statement above is so true!

It's hard to make chicken salad out of chicken shit.

well then we better be looking to replace a guy that can't play any reps. Get a developmental guy in there who can focus on special teams while developing. Don't bring Zombo back. It's a waste of a spot

We literally didn’t have anyone else to play

It wasn't the first time Sutton's defense has had issues.  In the past they've usually folded like a cheap lawn chair when facing good offenses and top QBs.

It's why we've had problems beating the Steelers and Patriots or the Broncos when they had PM, they completely owned us until 2015.

More importantly his job is to implement his head coach's wishes and if Reid puts a fire under his a$$ I think Sutton could do better. IMO the problem with the current defensive coaching is that we are not good at developing some positions and need proven commodities. Chiefs have been trying to replace Hali for 5 years with no success.

Doesn’t help that Dorsey locked Tamba into an inflexible contract we couldn’t get out of which tied up 8 million in CAP room per season for a player who had 1 tackle this season and only 2 sacks last year. What’s Sutton supposed to do when he’s hamstrung with that and a one trick pony in Ford. At least Ford brings some pass rush when healthy which he wasn’t this year.

My point is our entire scheme is built around these guys being disruptive and we got zero out of both because of health. . That’s not coaching.

So it's the lack of talent that caused Sutton to put Houston in coverage so often? Or have our CB play 10 yards off the receivers even though they excel more at press coverage? Or play dime so much even though teams our running through us. I'm sorry, to me it's Sutton trying to prove his system is right despite what's happening on the field.

Justin Houston had better hit the cardio hard this off-season, I see lots of pass coverage in his future.

He’s our only OLB who can set edge or cover. There’s just a massive drop of talent at the other OLB spots forcing him to do a lot of the dirty work. Consider this guy had 33 sacks his first two seasons under Sutton when Tamba was playing at a high level.

at some point Kpass should have taken reps from Zombo. But Sutton didn't allow it. That's all coaching

He’s our only OLB who can set edge or cover. There’s just a massive drop of talent at the other OLB spots forcing him to do a lot of the dirty work. Consider this guy had 33 sacks his first two seasons under Sutton when Tamba was playing at a high level.

I think Kpass was ok at it. And could have gotten better with reps. I'm hoping Dadi comes back healthy as he is a good run defender with pass rush ability

Hahahahahah lol. It’s called the prevent you from linebacking base dime coverage soft shell umbrella 20-20 zone 10 yards off defense.

He had to do a lot of this to protect a secondary with often two gaping holes. Go watch Sutton’s defense his first three years here. It’s personel more than anything. And Sutton is not good at adjusting to keep offenses off balance. He needs his players to do it.

"Sutton isn't good at adjusting"...enough reason to fire his ass. Bring in a new guy so the players have a season to learn while PM takes his hits year one. Year 2,all should be jelling. But now we area going to waste at minimum two years

I’d sure like to know what the head coach is thinking watching this shit from the sideline. Over and over and over.

Archived