Playcalling Next Year

It will be interesting to see if Smith and his lack ability to deal with pressure affected the choices. He called some great games the first half of the season.

You can't spiral down. You have to keep calls by it, give him no choice (checkdown options). Replace if he can't step up. But that's over. It's different with a first time starter you want to play a long time. That, you adapt and open up, dial it back, open it more, etc.

So much for Bienemy being the guy that can keep our running game going. What puzzles me is, what’s the difference between a qb coach or a line coach and an oc that doesn’t call plays? Maybe Reid will have bienemy get his coffee while he’s scripting the first fifteen plays. If Reid is going be HC and OC he needs to hire another assistant who’s sole job is managing the clock, timeouts and replay. Of course this will never happen. Not great news moving forward.

My thoughts exactly moon, why the hell even hire and pay for an OC if Reid is going to be Reid regardles, waste of money. Can't wait for another year of stupid gimmick plays at the worst time possible, abandoning the run game, horizontal pass plays, and playing not to lose once we get the lead. Hope PM looks better doing it at least...IF we actually trade AS

No surprise. With this news and the Sutton news the next kick to the balls for the fans will be the Chiefs turning down a good offer of draft picks to keep Alex smith another season

Why are you so obsessed with Smith? He isn't staying, so get with it man and stop crying about something that isn't gonna happen :D

As for Reid calling plays. Well yes, I guess we'd have all liked someone else to do it. But let's not fool ourselves yall, both Pederson and Nagy didn't start their last seasons with us calling the plays. Andy took the first half, and then eased those guys into the role. And I think he's probably gonna do the same with Eric as he's already said he expects Eric to be a HC one day and follow in those guys footsteps. I'm fine with Andy taking the first half of the season and then we can see what transpires from there. The last thing Mahomes needs is someone who isn't experienced guiding him into a hole. 

I also think Eric will bring a whole new dimension to the coaching staff when it comes to the offense. He'll give those guys some juice on the sidelines and won't be so passive like the likes of Andy and Bob. And I have no doubt that if he feels Andy is getting too pass happy, then he won't hold back in letting him know that it's time to run the ball. So, all in all, I'm fine with this arrangement for at least the first eight games, then we can analyze the situation after that. 

Why are you so obsessed with Smith? He isn't staying, so get with it man and stop crying about something that isn't gonna happen :D .

They will say they are keeping him soon. But no one will believe them. But then we'll trade him for a good pick that everyone says isn't good enough or reflects Smith instead of our lack of leverage.

Archived