Good article on Free agents Veach should acquire

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A terrible article, which is surprising because the guy is usually okay.

First issue is Mitchell isn't eligible for RFA and he should of done his homework on that.

Second, Sheldon Richardson isn't leaving Seattle

And finally those figures are way out of wack and they aren't getting anybody at those price points.

First issue is Mitchell isn't eligible for RFA and he should of done his homework on that.

And finally those figures are way out of wack and they aren't getting anybody at those price points.

https://www.seattlepi.com/sports/seahawks/article/Seahawks-have-2-of-top-free-agents-in-the-NFL-12504733.php

Disagree. I think Big Sheldon will want to test the waters his first time up as a free agent.

As for the money part no idea. Seems a bit light on johnson but not everybody likes big press corners like us.

Overall his reasoning is sound. Getting johnson and richardson would be huge for us.

Its was actually a good article. Seth doesnt write articles that arent well thought out or researched. Similar to the approach I would take in free agency. You have no idea how much anyone will sign for.

It doesnt really surprise me to hear you take this stance though. The majority of your posts go against the grain anyway.

Sean Smith was a good signing because he got 2nd tier type money. We let Oakland overpay him. Lesson learned. These high profile guys usually don't represent value, but that doesn't mean we can't get a player who's proven he can play in this league and is most importantly ascending rather than descending. 

I thought it was a good read and I would be happy with the results he presented in the article.

I would rather see them bring back Fulton and toy with moving Morse to LG vs spending big FA $ on a LG.

If we get S. Richardson and a legit CB in FA I'll be pretty happy.

I thought it was a good read and I would be happy with the results he presented in the article.

I would rather see them bring back Fulton and toy with moving Morse to LG vs spending big FA $ on a LG.

If you are going to bring Sutton back they have to give him exactly what he's had when he had success in the past. And that's two good corners, two legit pass rushers, three versatile safeties and a dline which can contribute 12-15 plus sacks by itself.. He's simply proven he can't help a defense succeed when he doesn't have most of this. It's not just more talent we need. We need it at certain positions he leans heavily on to make his scheme work. 

If you are going to bring Sutton back they have to give him exactly what he's had when he had success in the past. And that's two good corners, two legit pass rushers, three versatile safeties and a dline which can contribute 12-15 plus sacks by itself.. He's simply proven he can't help a defense succeed when he doesn't have most of this. It's not just more talent we need. We need it at certain positions he leans heavily on to make his scheme work. 

and that's the thing, if you're going to bring Sutton back, load up on FA talent and use the draft to get more weapons on offense.

Kyle Fuller is someone we should go big on as I think he'd be great alongside Peters and Berry. Also, Norwell is a no brainer to me too. And Shaq Barrett and Richardson would be great also. Seth is the man and I listen to his podcast without fail so I ain't gonna question him at all.

Id imagine hes near the top of our priority list. Only 25 years old. Kid can ball.

Agreed. But not about morse. I'm not sure how he'd do at guard. I'm done with the fulton experiment.

Again I agree xen.  Lets find a beast to play LG and get Morse healthy. 

Morse when healthy has graded out well above average at center. People who are saying he is an average player or needs to be moved, were clearly not paying attention in 2015 and 2016. The dude is good.

As far as LG goes this is my 2 pennies. We have 3 significant contracts on our line already with Fisher, Schwartz, and LDT. I would think as a GM part of your responsibility as a cap manager is to spread out money evenly through all position groups. Signing Pugh or Norwell would give us 4 significant contracts on the line. We have peanuts invested in the WR position. We have 3 starter type contracts at safety and next to nothing spent at corner. I think these need to be addressed.

So I'm of the opinion that they need to address LG early in the draft. Even if its round 2. Take a guard there. People say you need to get playmakers in the early rounds. You also need people to block for your playmakers. Spend damn near every free agent dollar you have on defense, and draft for offense. Our offense is light years ahead of our defense. And is another WR from being a beast that is really tough to defend.

Here's the problem with fulton... remember the flap about simplifying schemes? Andy likes his center to be great in space because he has a lot of complicated shit to execute. That ain't fulton.

Now fulton got better but he still was not able to execute like morse did when he was healthy, which he was not this year. Even when he came back he was playing on that bum leg.

Morse has had a concussion and a leg issue in his career. Off the top if my head i think that was it, but no question he's missed a lot of time and that's bad. Fulton is also obviously better executing simplified rush schemes and even improved as a pass blocker in those schemes.

I personally think with mahomes we're going to need a center that can play in space.

One could also argue that simplified schemes might keep andy from getting too cute, but that's dumb. Andy can get too cute in any scheme. But he's also shown what he prefers to do works, even with alex freakin smith at qb.

68.8. Pretty shitty.

By contrast in 2016 Morse has a 98 rating and gave up only 1 pressure and zero sacks in 2016. Of course this is just pass blocking grade but clearly Morse is really good when healthy. He’s just rarely healthy.

Archived