Good article on Free agents Veach should acquire

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m fine with Fulton at Center. Like Xen said, Morse is better in space, when he plays. Which hasn’t been much lately. Fulton should be re-signed. He has proven that he can do an adequate job at the position, if needed.

Idk, Luvhouse said his pff grade was 68.

Not that pff is the end all be all, but we could probably let him walk and look for an upgrade in FA or the draft

Not that pff is the end all be all, but we could probably let him walk and look for an upgrade in FA or the draft

Unless they feel Morse may have lingering issues with foot injury, I’d let Fulton walk and try to find a guard who can actually play guard. We can draft a 6th, 7th type of interior jack of all trades who can back up Morse. Plus Erving can do it. Why resign players that aren’t good starters and also can’t legitmately handle multiple positions.

A terrible article, which is surprising because the guy is usually okay.

First issue is Mitchell isn't eligible for RFA and he should of done his homework on that.

Second, Sheldon Richardson isn't leaving Seattle

And finally those figures are way out of wack and they aren't getting anybody at those price points.

Stephon Gilmore got 13.5 per year last year. I don't think 15 per year for Johnson is out of line or unrealistic. The franchise tag number in 2017 for corners was 14.2 mil.

Here's the problem with fulton... remember the flap about simplifying schemes? Andy likes his center to be great in space because he has a lot of complicated shit to execute. That ain't fulton.

Now fulton got better but he still was not able to execute like morse did when he was healthy, which he was not this year. Even when he came back he was playing on that bum leg.

Morse has had a concussion and a leg issue in his career. Off the top if my head i think that was it, but no question he's missed a lot of time and that's bad. Fulton is also obviously better executing simplified rush schemes and even improved as a pass blocker in those schemes.

I personally think with mahomes we're going to need a center that can play in space.

One could also argue that simplified schemes might keep andy from getting too cute, but that's dumb. Andy can get too cute in any scheme. But he's also shown what he prefers to do works, even with alex freakin smith at qb.

I should be be more clear. I feel like the run game is much better with Fulton at center. I feel like we are able to grab those tougher yards with him in there.

Remember how bad it was getting stuffed at the goal line and in the red zone?

Again, maybe Morse’s health has a lot to do with it.

Also, no doubt Morse is better in pass pro.

I should be be more clear. I feel like the run game is much better with Fulton at center. I feel like we are able to grab those tougher yards with him in there.

Remember how bad it was getting stuffed at the goal line and in the red zone?

Again, maybe Morse’s health has a lot to do with it.

Also, no doubt Morse is better in pass pro.

Agree with all of that. But put a road grater at left guard who's ok at pass pro and i think you have something. Morse has shown he's very adept at helping in pass pro wheras Fulton has not. He did get a little better at it but not where he needs to be.

I don't think andy is gonna be happy with just running stripped down offensive protections. Fulton is not worth the money he can get in free agency, at least not in our scheme.

Agree with all of that. But put a road grater at left guard who's ok at pass pro and i think you have something. Morse has shown he's very adept at helping in pass pro wheras Fulton has not. He did get a little better at it but not where he needs to be.

I don't think andy is gonna be happy with just running stripped down offensive protections. Fulton is not worth the money he can get in free agency, at least not in our scheme.

I get it. I had blinders on. I was focused on the run game.

Disagree. I think Big Sheldon will want to test the waters his first time up as a free agent.

As for the money part no idea. Seems a bit light on johnson but not everybody likes big press corners like us.

Overall his reasoning is sound. Getting johnson and richardson would be huge for us.

Seattle isn't trading a 2nd round pick for a guy to just let him go. He's either extended or tagged.

I thought they would have cap issues doing so, but it sounds like they're about to cut a bunch of vets.

The FA figures are way off and it doesn't take a genius to determine why. A majority of NFL teams have an absurd amount of cap space and the FA class isn't very impressive.

Teams are going to massively overpay for any decent player.

Its was actually a good article. Seth doesnt write articles that arent well thought out or researched. Similar to the approach I would take in free agency. You have no idea how much anyone will sign for.

It doesnt really surprise me to hear you take this stance though. The majority of your posts go against the grain anyway.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to determine that the Chiefs aren't going to pay big FA money to have someone be a #2 CB and a Peters extension looming (KC would be absolutely stupid to let him go). Or that teams are flush with cash and are prepared to spend.

I go against the grain a lot because usually a lot of terrible articles are written over the Chiefs. Sometimes you just have to realize that sports writing in its current state is actually not good.

Stephon Gilmore got 13.5 per year last year. I don't think 15 per year for Johnson is out of line or unrealistic. The franchise tag number in 2017 for corners was 14.2 mil.

I don't have an issue with that figure for Johnson, I just don't think KC ever pays that. It doesn't make sense.

A DL player like Sheldon Richardson is going to command over 10 per year on avg. They are gonna have to outbid Seattle, if he were somehow to hit UFA. The Seahawks gladly match that contract and he stays.

A starting DL player, like Ellis, will command more than an avg of 3.

Reid is one concussion away from eating out of a straw forever. A lot of risk in that kind of deal.

Seattle isn't trading a 2nd round pick for a guy to just let him go. He's either extended or tagged.

I thought they would have cap issues doing so, but it sounds like they're about to cut a bunch of vets.

The FA figures are way off and it doesn't take a genius to determine why. A majority of NFL teams have an absurd amount of cap space and the FA class isn't very impressive.

Teams are going to massively overpay for any decent player.It doesn't take a rocket scientist to determine that the Chiefs aren't going to pay big FA money to have someone be a #2 CB and a Peters extension looming (KC would be absolutely stupid to let him go). Or that teams are flush with cash and are prepared to spend.

I go against the grain a lot because usually a lot of terrible articles are written over the Chiefs. Sometimes you just have to realize that sports writing in its current state is actually not good.

I don't have an issue with that figure for Johnson, I just don't think KC ever pays that. It doesn't make sense.

A DL player like Sheldon Richardson is going to command over 10 per year on avg. They are gonna have to outbid Seattle, if he were somehow to hit UFA. The Seahawks gladly match that contract and he stays.

A starting DL player, like Ellis, will command more than an avg of 3.

Reid is one concussion away from eating out of a straw forever. A lot of risk in that kind of deal.

Actually I think this is exactly what they are going to do. If we were only to give out one sizeable contract this offseason, I think it would be at corner.

I think they will make enough cuts that they will sign 2 or maybe even 3 impact starters, and Id bet money that a corner is one. Its a deep class at a position we are weak at.

I don't expect Fulton to really cost anything much higher than the vet minimum. I'm guessing we could find a similar guy in FA but as long as the price is the same retaining Fulton shouldn't be an issue. I don't think OC would be a target in the draft as we would need production from a late pick.

I don't expect Fulton to really cost anything much higher than the vet minimum. I'm guessing we could find a similar guy in FA but as long as the price is the same retaining Fulton shouldn't be an issue. I don't think OC would be a target in the draft as we would need production from a late pick.

I don’t see the value in keeping a guard that can’t play guard. Either he stays as starting Center and we release a more talented player already under contract or we can fill his spot with a legit guard who can also play Center in a pinch.

I don’t see the value in keeping a guard that can’t play guard. Either he stays as starting Center and we release a more talented player already under contract or we can fill his spot with a legit guard who can also play Center in a pinch.

I say let Fulton walk. We have a young kid on the practice staff who can fill his role. Dillon gordon, a 6'4" 325 former TE at LSU. He will be cheaper and oss more athletic than Fulton. But comes with the same size.

A much better bargain

If we can sway Andrew Norwell to cone in and play LG then we could be set with a very good starting line and very solid backups.

LT- Fisher

LG- Norwell

C- Morse

RG- LDT

RT- Schwartz

Gordon is the backup center and can be a swing guard much like Fulton

Cam Erving is our swing tackle. Can be an emergency guard or center

Parker ehringer can be or setting guard and emergency tackle.

I say let Fulton walk. We have a young kid on the practice staff who can fill his role. Dillon gordon, a 6'4" 325 former TE at LSU. He will be cheaper and oss more athletic than Fulton. But comes with the same size.

A much better bargain

If we can sway Andrew Norwell to cone in and play LG then we could be set with a very good starting line and very solid backups.

LT- Fisher

LG- Norwell

C- Morse

RG- LDT

RT- Schwartz

Gordon is the backup center and can be a swing guard much like Fulton

Cam Erving is our swing tackle. Can be an emergency guard or center

Parker ehringer can be or setting guard and emergency tackle.

Id be good with this although I’draft competition for Ehringer and make him win the job.

Actually I think this is exactly what they are going to do. If we were only to give out one sizeable contract this offseason, I think it would be at corner.

I think they will make enough cuts that they will sign 2 or maybe even 3 impact starters, and Id bet money that a corner is one. Its a deep class at a position we are weak at.

You're welcome to think that, but I don't see it happening.

It's another deep CB draft and they can't afford to have 3 very rich guys in the secondary at once.

You're welcome to think that, but I don't see it happening.

It's another deep CB draft and they can't afford to have 3 very rich guys in the secondary at once.

Sure they can. Teams do it all the time. Jacksonville has 33 million dollars committed next year between their 2 starting corners and 2 starting safeties. Only 1 of them was drafted. The rest were free agents brought in.

Sure they can. Teams do it all the time. Jacksonville has 33 million dollars committed next year between their 2 starting corners and 2 starting safeties. Only 1 of them was drafted. The rest were free agents brought in.

Two things.

1. The Jags spend FA money heavy because they sucked ass at drafting for so long. FA signings sucked too.

2. Big difference between 33 mil and 45 mil invested, which is what KC would be in for.

We have a frighteningly low amount of money invested in our CBs. Still I would roll with what we have provided we retain Mitchell for a reasonable price if, IF, we can get a legit pass rusher. The FA lists I have seen for pass rusher are not inspiring.

Someone had the post about Smith for Peterson.

I love Peterson, but would opt for Smith for Chandler Jones since in a dream world. I just don’t know where our pass rush comes from unless Kpass blows up.

I would throw in a pick for that swap. Versatile OLBs are harder to find and Jones would give us yet another Houston at the position. 

We have a frighteningly low amount of money invested in our CBs. Still I would roll with what we have provided we retain Mitchell for a reasonable price if, IF, we can get a legit pass rusher. The FA lists I have seen for pass rusher are not inspiring.

That will change soon. Peters will fetch around 15 or so avg a year and it'll probably run around 5 to keep Nelson to cocer the slot.

Two things.

1. The Jags spend FA money heavy because they sucked ass at drafting for so long. FA signings sucked too.

2. Big difference between 33 mil and 45 mil invested, which is what KC would be in for.

I would focus on the entire secondary as a whole. Right now Chiefs are paying 3 Safeties and basically nobody else since all the CBs were drafted and Revis is a weird situation. The right way for the Chiefs is to pay a CB this year as we won't be drafting high enough to find an immediate solution and draft a Safety that will hopefully start this year but if not in 2019 when Parker's salary will be off the books and Sorensen will be hurting less if he stays. 

Overall the money tied is always tied up to a different aspect of the team. It's basically a rotation and Chiefs can actually afford to pay for any position as long as Mahomes is on the rookie deal.

Archived