Semo's 2018 Chiefs Offseason Fantasy

SEMO

This site shows his 40 yard dash at the combine. It shows his measurement at 6'2 3/4" or the 6/8" I showed on the site I gave.

https://www.seccountry.com/tennessee/tennessees-kahlil-mckenzie-runs-40-yard-dash-in-front-of-nfl-gm-father

According to this web site...

He stood six-foot-six and weighed two-forty-five

Kinda broad at the shoulder and narrow at the hip

• 2 weeks later...

1 –  (from Philadelphia) – Josh Jackson  CB  Iowa

Trade picks 54, 78, and a 2019 5th rounder to Philly for pick 32.

Jackson only started one year, but showed the ability to play press man and was an instinctive ball hawk with 27 passes defended and 8 ints.  Teams could pass on a one year wonder, allowing him to fall within striking distance for KC.

3 –  Jesse Bates  S  Wake Forest

Good range, plays the center field spot well.  Should pair nicely with what Berry does. 

4 – Keke Coutee  WR/KR  Texas Tech

Good route runner, quick and fast.  Can play slot and has the speed to take the top off a defense.  Mahomes is familiar with him.  Returns kicks.

4 - (from LA Rams) – Kendrick Norton  DT  Miami

He is run stuffer who eats up blocks.  It’s all you need from a 2 down lineman.

6 (comp) – Scott Quessenberry  C/G  UCLA

Oline depth, with eventual starter potential.

7 – Jake Martin  ILB/OLB  Temple

Depth.  Special teams.

7 – Natrell Jamerson  S  Wisconsin

Converted receiver.  Depth.  Special teams.

Really like Jackson but he is scary. So many guys have had 1 good year in college and then regress to the mean the following year. Lack of timed speed just means back to the tape but more carefully. The tape loves this kid though.

I keep going back and forth on him.

I like him, but I don't know if I would feel the burning desire to move back into the first to get him for sure.

I feel that they can move up a lot less further, retain more currency and get a quality player that could become the #1 corner.  While this class isn't 2017 great, it's a pretty dang good one.

Only thing I see is I'd be a bit surprised if they prioritized another WR over adding an edge-rusher.  Dee Ford is one back strain away from Frank Zombo starting again (omg plz no) and he's a UFA after this season.  They have some WR options in the stable right now.

Love the Jesse Bates and Coutee picks. That would be good. But maybe sit at 2 or move just a little and get a Dorance Armstrong and grab a corner in the third.

Edge rusher class sucks ass. Rather have armstrong in the 3rd but i think he gets pushed up boards because of athleticism and his junior year tape.

Love the Jesse Bates and Coutee picks. That would be good. But maybe sit at 2 or move just a little and get a Dorance Armstrong and grab a corner in the third.

Edge rusher class sucks ass. Rather have armstrong in the 3rd but i think he gets pushed up boards because of athleticism and his junior year tape.

That’s why I don’t have an edge guy in there. After Chubb, there’s no one that impresses me. Landry is OK, but will be over drafted. Carter maybe.

I would rather they wait and sign a camp cut, or bring in a bunch of udfa guys and see where the chips fall. Beef up the secondary to compensate.

The draft rarely goes as the experts predict (I’m not one), so who knows.

Update:  4/14/18

2 (from Cleveland) –  Mike Hughes CB Central Florida

Chiefs trade 54 and 78 to Cleveland for 35.  There could be a run on Corners in the first half of round 2.  KC likes Hughes and he was one of the official pre-draft visits.  He can play inside or outside and can also return kicks. 

3 – Dorrance Armstrong EDGE Kansas

Athlete, technique needs some polishing.  Plays well in space and can bend on the outside.  Give him a year and he can take over for Ford.

4 – Keke Coutee  WR/KR  Texas Tech

Good route runner, quick and fast.  Can play slot and has the speed to take the top off a defense.  Mahomes is familiar with him.  Returns kicks.

4 - (from LA Rams) – Jamil Demby OG Maine

NFL frame, strong, good punch.  Moves well in space.  Good pass pro. 

6 (comp) – John Atkins  DT  Georgia

Depth.  Rotational interior defender.

7 – Chandon Sullivan CB Georgia State

Depth.  Special teams.

7 – Jeremy Reaves S South Alabama

Depth at Safety.

• 2 weeks later...

Probably my final mock, unless there is some breaking news of a pre draft trade, etc.

2 – Carlton Davis CB Auburn  6’1” 206lbs

A strong group of cornerbacks this year will leave some good corners on the board thru round 3.  Davis could be there at this pick.

Tall, long, press corner, struggles some with off man, which hopefully Sutton will get away from.  Disrupts routes, but doesn’t mirror well and grabs too much.  High number of passes defensed, low number of ints.

3 (from Washington) – Tarvarius Moore S Southern Miss  6’2” 190lbs

Ball hawking, athletic freak.  Has been quietly rising up the boards.   Excels in coverage.  Long arms.  Elite speed.  Ran an official 4.32 40 at his pro day…twice.  Could benefit from some time in the weight room.

3 – Dorrance Armstrong EDGE Kansas  6’4” 257lbs

Does anything good come out of Kansas?  This time, yeah.  Armstrong plays well in space and is adequate in coverage.  He has a good first step and can bend to get to the QB.  His college stats from 2017 are lacking, but scheme was the issue.

4 – Andrew Brown DE Virginia  6’4” 296lbs

High motor, high character guy who can play end on early downs, can move inside on passing downs.  Has good first step and ability to shoot gaps.  With some time, could develop into a plus player.

4 - (from LA Rams) – Jamil Demby OG Maine  6’5” 335lbs

6 (comp) – Jordon Akins TE Central Florida  6’3” 249lbs

Size and speed fits the spread formations that will increase this year with Mahomes under center.  Not much of a blocker and will be 26. 

7 – Chandon Sullivan CB Georgia State  5’11” 194lbs

Depth.  Special teams.

7 – Kenny Young  ILB  UCLA  6’1” 229lbs

Depth.  Special tams.

Probably my final mock, unless there is some breaking news of a pre draft trade, etc.

2 – Carlton Davis CB Auburn 6’1” 206lbs

A strong group of cornerbacks this year will leave some good corners on the board thru round 3. Davis could be there at this pick.

Tall, long, press corner, struggles some with off man, which hopefully Sutton will get away from. Disrupts routes, but doesn’t mirror well and grabs too much. High number of passes defensed, low number of ints.

3 (from Washington) – Tarvarius Moore S Southern Miss 6’2” 190lbs

Ball hawking, athletic freak. Has been quietly rising up the boards. Excels in coverage. Long arms. Elite speed. Ran an official 4.32 40 at his pro day…twice. Could benefit from some time in the weight room.

3 – Dorrance Armstrong EDGE Kansas 6’4” 257lbs

Does anything good come out of Kansas? This time, yeah. Armstrong plays well in space and is adequate in coverage. He has a good first step and can bend to get to the QB. His college stats from 2017 are lacking, but scheme was the issue.

4 – Andrew Brown DE Virginia 6’4” 296lbs

High motor, high character guy who can play end on early downs, can move inside on passing downs. Has good first step and ability to shoot gaps. With some time, could develop into a plus player.

4 - (from LA Rams) – Jamil Demby OG Maine 6’5” 335lbs

NFL frame, strong, good punch. Moves well in space. Good pass pro.

6 (comp) – Jordon Akins TE Central Florida 6’3” 249lbs

Size and speed fits the spread formations that will increase this year with Mahomes under center. Not much of a blocker and will be 26.

7 – Chandon Sullivan CB Georgia State 5’11” 194lbs

Depth. Special teams.

7 – Kenny Young ILB UCLA 6’1” 229lbs

Depth. Special tams.

Seems, that would be a hell of a draft. Love the top 4 choices. Probably 5 starters but not sure about the guard. He is probably a better Fulton though. Don't think he's an ideal guard for Andy's system due to inability to excel pulling to 2nd level but good value where you have him.

Love this mock. Especially Davis and Moore. I have a feeling we'd have to trade up for Moore but maybe not.

2 – Carlton Davis CB Auburn  6’1” 206lbs

A strong group of cornerbacks this year will leave some good corners on the board thru round 3.  Davis could be there at this pick.

Tall, long, press corner, struggles some with off man, which hopefully Sutton will get away from.  Disrupts routes, but doesn’t mirror well and grabs too much.  High number of passes defensed, low number of ints.

3 (from Washington) – Tarvarius Moore S Southern Miss  6’2” 190lbs

Ball hawking, athletic freak.  Has been quietly rising up the boards.   Excels in coverage.  Long arms.  Elite speed.  Ran an official 4.32 40 at his pro day…twice.  Could benefit from some time in the weight room.

3 – Dorrance Armstrong EDGE Kansas  6’4” 257lbs

Does anything good come out of Kansas?  This time, yeah.  Armstrong plays well in space and is adequate in coverage.  He has a good first step and can bend to get to the QB.  His college stats from 2017 are lacking, but scheme was the issue.

4 – Andrew Brown DE Virginia  6’4” 296lbs

High motor, high character guy who can play end on early downs, can move inside on passing downs.  Has good first step and ability to shoot gaps.  With some time, could develop into a plus player.

4 - (from LA Rams) – Jamil Demby OG Maine  6’5” 335lbs

6 (comp) – Jordon Akins TE Central Florida  6’3” 249lbs

Size and speed fits the spread formations that will increase this year with Mahomes under center.  Not much of a blocker and will be 26. 

7 – Chandon Sullivan CB Georgia State  5’11” 194lbs

Depth.  Special teams.

7 – Kenny Young  ILB  UCLA  6’1” 229lbs

Depth.  Special tams.

we can only wish  our draft is that good especially  the first 4

Seems, that would be a hell of a draft. Love the top 4 choices. Probably 5 starters but not sure about the guard. He is probably a better Fulton though. Don't think he's an ideal guard for Andy's system due to inability to excel pulling to 2nd level but good value where you have him.

Love this mock. Especially Davis and Moore. I have a feeling we'd have to trade up for Moore but maybe not.

I have fell in love with Moore over the last few weeks. He is shooting up the boards. But, the history, and memories of Kalan Reed a few years ago doing the same thing, had me skittish about moving him into the second round. :lol:

Kind of a “fool me once, shame on me. Fool me twice... well the point is you don’t get fooled again.” :lol:

The guard is someone we met with at the combine and apparently are very high on. I remember reading something about how well his meeting went with us and both parties were excited about the idea of him coming here.

Archived