The Browns cap is going to cause issues

With 111 million to spend they will inevitably over pay mid tier-upper tier FAs thus running up the going rate. Hope we can avoid overpaying .

with Dorseys cap management? They will sign Cousins to a 7 year 697 million dollar deal and then a 35 year old corner to 23 mill per and be in the red.

With 111 million to spend they will inevitably over pay mid tier-upper tier FAs thus running up the going rate. Hope we can avoid overpaying .

I don’t expect us to be heavily involved in free agency anyway. Mainly value signings and a CB in my opinion. We’ve got quite a few needs but aren’t breaking the bank and heading back into road we are trying to get out of now. Demise of this defense has more to do with Dorsey handing out bad contracts to regressing injury riddled veterans than anything else in my opinion. I’ll bet Veach sold himself on the idea of getting away from that.

I don’t expect us to be heavily involved in free agency anyway. Mainly value signings and a CB in my opinion. We’ve got quite a few needs but aren’t breaking the bank and heading back into road we are trying to get out of now. Demise of this defense has more to do with Dorsey handing out bad contracts to regressing injury riddled veterans than anything else in my opinion. I’ll bet Veach sold himself on the idea of getting away from that.

Define "value signings".

Define "value signings".[/quote

In general to me this means players willing to sign short term deals or don’t require a lot of up front money which locks us in with a guy for more than a few years. A lot of that 2013 free agent class would qualify.

Define "value signings".[/quoteii

In general to me this means players willing to sign short term deals or don’t require a lot of up front money which locks us in with a guy for more than a few years. A lot of that 2013 free agent class would qualify.

Heres a guy I would target at NT. Graded out at 76 overall on PFF. Above 70 against run and pass. Has been a rotational guy in Philly but would be a solid get as our starting 2 down NT imo. Ideal size.

http://www.nfl.com/player/beauallen/2543884/profile

ame="Mloe68" post="133882" timestamp="1517175984"]

Heres a guy I would target at NT. Graded out at 76 overall on PFF. Above 70 against run and pass. Has been a rotational guy in Philly but would be a solid get as our starting 2 down NT imo. Ideal size.

http://www.nfl.com/player/beauallen/2543884/profile

This guy fits the profile of what I think we would and should be looking for. 

IMO a modest FA for the Chiefs would be: 

WR: Eric Decker. The guy is already 30 years old and will be looking for one last pay day. Something around 5-6 per year should be enough IMO and with so many up and coming WRs in the FA market he'll be overlooked. 

QB: Mark Sanchez / Chase Daniel: Chase would be the cheapest backup option for the Chiefs and could very well retire here. Mark Sanchez is not proven to be a starter but has shown promise so will be more expensive but might give more confidence.

TE: Luke Wilson. With Graham in town he'll be the odd man out in FA.

OG: This is the one position I would look to make a splash. OL is always very close to success but falls short, a new LG will be a huge upgrade IMO.

OLB: Connor Barwin. Yet another stop gap but will be cheap and experienced in 3-4. Let him rotate with Kpass. I also like Mingo but he's basically a rollercoaster but could benefit with a nice deal that doesn't have many guarantees. 

CB: I don't see a cheap option so depending on the money Revis might be the guy to keep and could do well with a full offseason in town.

I don't see the Chiefs making any star signings with this approach so will remain under the radar with some cap space that will be used for Peters in the future but also fix many holes.

Archived