Mocking the Super bowl

Palangi

With only the super bowl left I thought I would put a mock off-season out.

I will put this out there first and foremost. I am not an expert on cap or the monies. So I apologise if something doesn't work financially.

Resigns:

Tyler Bray- I would bring him back for familiarity at that position. I don't want a complete overhaul here with Smith leaving too. Next year bring in a guy from the draft. All focus needs to be on Mahomes.

Albert Wilson- this one is tricky. I wouldn't give him more that 2.5-3 million a year. Let him walk if someone else does

Anthony Sherman- but at a much lower price tag.

RNR- he is a good energy guy and is developing. Bring him back for depth. I know he is a RFA.

Ramik Wilson- not a start but a solid depth guy to play behind Ragland

Dee Ford- give him his 5th year. an absolute prove it year. We can afford it with Alex money off the table.

KPL- can come fight with Eligwe to start with Ragland. Should be cheaper now with his arrest. Thanks buddy.

Terrance Mitchell- he is solid as a depth guy.

Release-

Tamba Hali

Derrick Johnson

Charcandrick west

Dustin Colquitt- I know he is a FA. But I don't want him back for his price. Hey a young kid as an UDRFA. Like a Butker type signing

Trades-

Alex Smith and Allen Bailey to Cleveland for one of their 2nd round picks #35, a 4th rounder, and a 5th rounder.

Cleveland is already loaded with young players. They need veteran leadership. Bailey gives then a solid interior guy. Alex gives them the veteran at QB to groom their young guy. Especially if it is the young kid from Wyoming like rumors suggest.

We dump 2 big salaries.

Free agents:

Andrew Norwell OG- a stud LG to solidify our line and give both Mahomes and Hunt the best opportunity

Chase Daniel QB- yes let's bring him back in to help stabilize the atmosphere for Mahomes. Daniel knows the system and is comfortable here. The Saints like Tyson Hill and want him to be the successor to drew. I believe chase will be available again

Kyle Fuller CB- has had ups and downs in Chicago, but has lots odd talent and would be a good #2 opposite Peters.

Jared Crick DE- a solid vet that cones much cheaper than Bailey

Justin Ellis NT- I'm tired of watching teams run on us. This guy stops it.

Draft:

2nd- Equanimous St. Brown WR Notre Dame 6'4" 205- big physical WR to pair with tyreke. Can be a good red zone target. Had speed to be a play maker too

2nd- JC Jackson CB Maryland- a 6' corner with tons of talent and athleticism. Had some troubles at Florida but them transferred to Maryland and has been greasy for them.

3rd- Andrew Brown DE Virginia 6'4"298- had a vey nice senior bowl week. Explosive kid. Would look real nice opposite Chris Jones. Good interior pass rusher. Great length with 35" arms.

4th- Tre Flowers S Oklahoma St 6'3" 200- incredible length and very good athleticism. Can play in the box or centerfield. Best as a box safety. Good size to guard TE. Dirty Dan can now stay on special teams and Murray can move to backup nickel corner.

4th- Mike Love DE/OLB south Florida 6'5" 260- I like this kid. Had some experience standing up too. Can play behind Kpass. Can play run and get after QB.

5th- Jack Cichy ILB Wisconsin 6'2" 235- could have gone higher if not for knee injury. Phenomenal instincts. Good tackler. Can push Ramik out or if KPL isn't brought back can battle with Eligwe.

6th- Kahlil Mckenzie NT Tennessee 6'3" 330- big thick kid. Especially in the lower body. Made to play NT. Ellis is 28 and this kid can get groomed behind him. Son of Raiders GM Reggie McKenzie.

7th- Curtis Cochran DE Penn State 6'5" 290- long and vey strong. I said i was tired of getting run on. Another DL.

Roster-

QB- Mahomes, Daniel, Bray

RB- Hunt, Ware, Atkinson

FB- Sherman

WR- Hill, Conley

WR- St. Brown, Chesson

Slot- Wilson, Robinson

TE- Kelce, Harris, Olsen

LT- Fisher, Erving

LG- Norwell, Ehinger

C- Morse, Gordon

RG- LDT, Ehinger

RT- Schwartz, Erving

DE- Jones, RNR, Cothran

NT- Ellis, McKenzie

DE- Crick, Brown, Cothran

OLB- Houston, Ford

ILB- Ragland, Wilson, Smith

ILB- Eligwe, KPL, Cichy

OLB- Kpass, Love, Dadi

CB- peters, Mitchell, Lampkin

CB- Fuller, Jackson

NB- Nelson, Murray

SS- Berry, Flowers, Sorenson

FS- Parker, Mcquay

No need to waste that money on Ford, just rescind the offer if he's healthy otherwise we are already stuck with him. I think it's about time Chiefs invest some money for OLB in FA.

yeah I have a hard time with Ford. I would be ok cutting bait and moving on. But I wonder if he would flourish and stay healthy if he was only a specialized pass rusher? But he does well and leaves in FA next year we could get a good comp pick for him. Being a pass rusher he could get over paid?

yeah I have a hard time with Ford. I would be ok cutting bait and moving on. But I wonder if he would flourish and stay healthy if he was only a specialized pass rusher? But he does well and leaves in FA next year we could get a good comp pick for him. Being a pass rusher he could get over paid?

If I'm not mistaken we can get a pick regardless of the year he signs as if we rescind the offer he'll still be a free agent. If fully healthy he might get a nice deal from a 4-3 team if they look at his 2016 stats but yet another year of dismal performance will probably lower his FA value as well. On the other hand he's basically a bust so another year might get us a better pick if he does well but we would definitely be overpaying him. If there's a 3-4 option in FA (DE or OLB) I think that should be our target. 

Unless he's fully healthy we are already stuck with his option as it would be fully guaranteed, in that case assuming he heals around camp we'll already have to give him a year to showcase himself.

The Chiefs should have another 6th and two extra 7th round picks.

I'd move on from Tyler Bray. The fact he got pulled in garbage time, because he sucked so bad, says enough.

Bring back Chase and draft another young arm.

KPL may not be coming back anymore.

No need to waste that money on Ford, just rescind the offer if he's healthy otherwise we are already stuck with him. I think it's about time Chiefs invest some money for OLB in FA.

I actually think John Dorsey might have some interest in Dee Ford.

He's his SPARQ baby and they could use a LEO at LB. Could possibly flip him for a future cond 3rd too.

The Chiefs should have another 6th and two extra 7th round picks.

I'd move on from Tyler Bray. The fact he got pulled in garbage time, because he sucked so bad, says enough.

Bring back Chase and draft another young arm.

KPL may not be coming back anymore.

I actually think John Dorsey might have some interest in Dee Ford.

He's his SPARQ baby and they could use a LEO at LB. Could possibly flip him for a future cond 3rd too.

I know we will be getting some comp picks just don't know whay rounds so I didn't add them. With one of those I would be more than down to bringing in a young QB and moving on from Bray.

If Pioli would take Ford that would be great.

Archived