Alex traded to Redskins!!!!

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Skins fans have to be seething. They went from Kirk Cousins to Alex Smith and a contract that has him in Washington until he’s 38. This is a huge win for us.

Not really a drop off. And they saved money. Cousins really isn’t better than Alex imo.

I'm happy because we have no reason to root against him with him in the other conference. There may be a temporary reason to root against him if there's a conditional pick involved, but otherwise, beats sending him to Denver.

I don't like no I trust their owner though and it has nothing to do with their logo. But not my team.

Not really a drop off. And they saved money. Cousins really isn’t better than Alex imo.

Cousins is four years younger. Let’s say they are currently equal (which I disagree with ). Who has a better chance of getting to the next level? The guy who has been in the league over a decade or the guy who has only six years? All things being equal , I take the guy with upside every time.

Cousins is four years younger. Let’s say they are currently equal (which I disagree with ). Who has a better chance of getting to the next level? The guy who has been in the league over a decade or the guy who has only six years? All things being equal , I take the guy with upside every time.

They didn’t want to franchise him again which would’ve cost over 34 mil this year, and obviously didn’t feel he was worth over 100 mil long term. Simple as that.

Matter of option. Upside I would agree with. Right now I’d take Alex.

https://twitter.com/realskipbayless/status/958534436714246144

From Adam Shefter

Kansas City is expected to receive a second-round pick from Washington for Alex Smith and possibly more, per source. But a second-round pick was the price as of this morning, before trade between KC and Washington finalized.

If Veach got more it’s probabky a future pick. No clue who player could be. I saw Colt McCoy as a joke but that’s not crazy. Probably a depth player unless Veach is a great poker player. 2nd would be good enough for me.

Archived