Alex traded to Redskins!!!!

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dude this trade is fucking fantastic. Fuller 22 y/o corner who rated as the 6th best corner in the ENTIRE NFL. Veach is puttin in work.

Getting Fuller makes this a slam dunk. Way better than a 2nd. We get a young emerging corner who’s already proven and still has two years left on a cheap rookie deal. Veach nailed his first big test!

Getting Fuller makes this a slam dunk. Way better than a 2nd. We get a young emerging corner who’s already proven and still has two years left on a cheap rookie deal. Veach nailed his first big test!

Guy is like a late first round pick

Do you guys think this means that the Redskins are not drafting a quarterback this year? I'd think so, but everyone says it's three years guaranteed and two more one year deals.

They’ve got corner issues now. That’s their pick.

Sutton’s scheme has to have this to get the pass rush going again. Great job by Veach to understand how to help his coach even if it was a bad decision to keep him.

Great trade but keeping Sutton is horrific decision. Would have been more productive just firing Sutton.

Guy is like a late first round pick

Agree. “Fuller has a grade of 89.9 (subscription required), which ranks him seventh among all corners. When asked whether any Redskins got snubbed for the Pro Bowl, Pro Bowl tackle Trent Williams immediately pointed to Fuller.”

Why give up 29 year old Cousins and trade for 34 year old Smith. It’s almost seems crazy.

I've read that Cousin's has been researching other teams and their OC and systems for his best fit. Sounds like he has no desire to stay and franchising him again costs $34 million. Takes two to tango...guessing future bronco

Chiefs acquired CB Kendall Fuller and a 2018 third-round pick from the Redskins in exchange for QB Alex Smith.

A 2016 third-rounder, Fuller struggled as a rookie off a 2015 knee injury. But this past season, as the Redskins' No. 1 slot corner, Fuller appeared in all 16 games and graded out as Pro Football Focus' No. 5 cover corner out of 121 qualifiers. The Chiefs really struggled on the back end of the defense in 2017, so Fuller will be a welcomed addition and should slide right into slot duties in K.C.

Related: Redskins

I got some flack earlier this past season for stating Smith would get 100 Million. Yes I was off.  :wub: He now has a 5 year deal.

Redskins signed QB Alex Smith to a four-year, $94 million extension through 2022.

He gets $71 million guaranteed. As part of the agreement on the trade to get Smith to D.C., the Skins are giving Smith some long-term security, as he had just one year left on his contract through 2018. He's now under contract through his age-38 season. It very well may be his last contract. The Redskins didn't seem to have a prayer to re-sign free agent Kirk Cousins after burning so many bridges with their "franchise" quarterback. Acquiring Smith and paying him less was the next best thing in the Redskins' eyes.

I got some flack earlier this past season for stating Smith would get 100 Million. Yes I was off. :wub: He now has a 5 year deal.

Redskins signed QB Alex Smith to a four-year, $94 million extension through 2022.

He gets $71 million guaranteed. As part of the agreement on the trade to get Smith to D.C., the Skins are giving Smith some long-term security, as he had just one year left on his contract through 2018. He's now under contract through his age-38 season. It very well may be his last contract. The Redskins didn't seem to have a prayer to re-sign free agent Kirk Cousins after burning so many bridges with their "franchise" quarterback. Acquiring Smith and paying him less was the next best thing in the Redskins' eyes.

We'll, essentially it is a 114.6 contract for 5 years, with the Chiefs paying 3.6 of that. 71 million guaranteed includes the 17 this year, I think? If not, that would essentially be 88 million. Works for me. I get to see him play in a team that doesn't matter to us, just like I watched him in SF, (Utes and KC fan.)

Looks like he can tackle

You’ve got to tackle at VTech so he won’t be a complete run liability like Peters. I read as much as I could and consensus is solid willing tackler. Generally that means he’s okay. Another guy in our secondary with great ball skills though. If we can rebuild pass rush, were on to something.

Shame we couldn't weasel their 2nd instead of a third. Still think we could have gotten if we waited longer. But I'm happy, seems like it was beneficial for all parties. Alex did well for us and gave everything he had...wish him the best and thank him for getting us relevant again.

Archived