Alex traded to Redskins!!!!

Yes and Redskins fans should love the fact Alex is well liked and respected by his former teammates too. It's his arm talent and lack of pocket presence that did him in when it mattered. Dan Snyder is such a moronic owner that I understand the Redskins fans anguish. They had a younger more productive QB they could have locked up two years ago but now had to downgrade and give up their best young corner and a 3rd round pick to do it. Heck not even Marty Shottenhiemer would win there. That's all anyone should need to know.

You keep saying this and I've ignored it. It's not a consensus downgrade. Smith will lead the team to overall better numbers in some places and not surprising if he wins. He's a regular season winner until he proves otherwise, but it's an opinion.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You keep saying this and I've ignored it. It's not a consensus downgrade. Smith will lead the team to overall better numbers in some places and not surprising if he wins. He's a regular season winner until he proves otherwise, but it's an opinion.

Production differences aside they got a similar talent (we will just go with that) that's 5 years older and it cost them a draft pick and their best young corner. All they needed to do was lock Cousins up two years ago to a contract that was less than Alex got today. 

If he wants the money he would go to Cleveland.

If he wants a chance to win a SB he would go to Minnesota or Jacksonville.

If he goes to Denver he is in for a long ride. Denver's D will not carry him like they did Manning and Manning even in his last year was better than Cousins.

Mannings last year he was not better than Cousins is. That is absurd. 

Mannings last year he was not better than Cousins is. That is absurd.

If your talking stats, like you seem to always want to do, then your right. You want to talk intangibles and winning then yes he was. Winning is what the game is about not big passing numbers. Leadership, knowledge professionalism are thing Cousins does not have and Manning was full of.

If your talking stats, like you seem to always want to do, then your right. You want to talk intangibles and winning then yes he was. Winning is what the game is about not big passing numbers. Leadership, knowledge professionalism are thing Cousins does not have and Manning was full of.

Manning had 9 TDs, 17 INTs, completed only 58 percent of his passes, the 32nd rated pass rating and was benched in favor of Brock Osweiler. According to your logic John Elway may have as well come out of retirement and played in those games himself. You probably consider Trent Dilfer a better QB than Dan Marino. 

Manning had 9 TDs, 17 INTs, completed only 58 percent of his passes, the 32nd rated pass rating and was benched in favor of Brock Osweiler. According to your logic John Elway may have as well come out of retirement and played in those games himself. You probably consider Trent Dilfer a better QB than Dan Marino.

Again, looking at numbers vs intangibles. No wonder nobody listens to you or takes you seriously. ????

I really hope Denver doesn’t end up with Cousins. Bot Smith and Cousins are at peak values. At least we got something for Smith. Wash pissed away a ton of guaranteed money for nothing.

If I'm Cousins and am serious about winning or best opportunity to get to a SB, I'm going to Minnesota or Jacksonville not Denver who is in flux.

Great trade but keeping Sutton is horrific decision. Would have been more productive just firing Sutton.

I have to disagree. Cap space has been freed up for a pass rusher. I have to believe that is the next move. If that happens we have a top 5 defense for Mahommes 1st year. Draft a top LG in the second and watch out.

I have to disagree. Cap space has been freed up for a pass rusher. I have to believe that is the next move. If that happens we have a top 5 defense for Mahommes 1st year. Draft a top LG in the second and watch out.

I dont see any way they spend significantly on a pass rusher while owing Houston 20.6 million next year. If they upgrade the pass rush it's coming internally from Ford, Tanoh, Dadi and a likely day 2 draft choice.

If he wants the money he would go to Cleveland.

If he wants a chance to win a SB he would go to Minnesota or Jacksonville.

If he goes to Denver he is in for a long ride. Denver's D will not carry him like they did Manning and Manning even in his last year was better than Cousins.

If I'm Cleveland, I give him a massively front loaded contract in this year when they have great cap space, and tons of draft choices.   Make it the type of contract Minn(I don't think Jax is in this because of the Bortles surgery) can't come close to matching.   Blow him away.   Sell him on their young talent, and that He can be a deity in Cleve if he turns that team around.   I can understand Dorsey not wanting to commit long term to Alex, but Cousins is 4 years younger, and better.  You can build long term around him, draft Barkley, draft Chubb, and suddenly you have a fairly loaded team.   I don't know if Cousins has the confidence in himself to BE THE MAN, get massively paid, rather than go someplace like Minny where he's a missing piece.  Denver's D isn't what it was 3 years ago, and I don't think that would be a place he can win at immediately, or long term.  To me it's between Minny and Cleve, with The Jets as the next choice, Arizona next and then Denver.   Should be interesting.  

An interesting bit I read was they were debating trading Alex before the end of camp.

Glad they didn't because no way we got the trase we ended up getting if they did.

I was wondering why they didn't wait, and allow more of a bidding war, but upon further reflection, once they know Wash is in the QB market, they have some intel, which means Cousins is free, and once Cousins is free, the market for Alex is less for QB needy teams.  Not to mention Bridgewater, Bradford on the market as other vet QB's that will have a market, if their health checks out, and more known about the rookie QB class(which I don't particularly like, but that's another post).  So kudos to Veach for getting it done this early, before the market potentially collapses.    

If I'm Cleveland, I give him a massively front loaded contract in this year when they have great cap space, and tons of draft choices.   Make it the type of contract Minn(I don't think Jax is in this because of the Bortles surgery) can't come close to matching.   Blow him away.   Sell him on their young talent, and that He can be a deity in Cleve if he turns that team around.   I can understand Dorsey not wanting to commit long term to Alex, but Cousins is 4 years younger, and better.  You can build long term around him, draft Barkley, draft Chubb, and suddenly you have a fairly loaded team.   I don't know if Cousins has the confidence in himself to BE THE MAN, get massively paid, rather than go someplace like Minny where he's a missing piece.  Denver's D isn't what it was 3 years ago, and I don't think that would be a place he can win at immediately, or long term.  To me it's between Minny and Cleve, with The Jets as the next choice.   

In Dorsey's case he just cannot have 2 picks in top 4 and not draft a QB as everyone is in love with this draft class. If Dorsey didn't have a pick in top 10 I could see him give Smith a long term deal, which IMO is why Washington did it. It makes sense for them to pay another veteran for a shorter term while grooming their own QB but Smith probably had better long term offers on the table and Chiefs basically wanted to do right by him.

I dont see any way they spend significantly on a pass rusher while owing Houston 20.6 million next year. If they upgrade the pass rush it's coming internally from Ford, Tanoh, Dadi and a likely day 2 draft choice.

Ford saves 8.7 if healed, which is fair for a decent OLB and Hali will probably come off the books as well. I think the emphasis should be entirely on the 3-4 OLB rather than simply the pass rush as we have seen in the Ford example. If Chiefs can use both OLBs at coverage and mix up the blitz it will be a big upgrade for the entire defense.

I was wondering why they didn't wait, and allow more of a bidding war, but upon further reflection, once they know Wash is in the QB market, they have some intel, which means Cousins is free, and once Cousins is free, the market for Alex is less for QB needy teams. Not to mention Bridgewater, Bradford on the market as other vet QB's that will have a market, if their health checks out, and more known about the rookie QB class(which I don't particularly like, but that's another post). So kudos to Veach for getting it done this early, before the market potentially collapses.

If Fuller is who we think he is long term and the rest of the league agrees, especially Veach, you don't let the Redskins have time to rethink or ask teammates or have it leak that he's on the market.

Waiting for a second versus the third but then losing Fuller would be dumb. If the Redskins are willing to up that to their first, that you may substitute if Veach likes anybody that high more.

I think we know about the trade so early because they don't want Washington to back out. It was an unavoidable leak but also a purposeful one in timing.

If Fuller is who we think he is long term and the rest of the league agrees, especially Veach, you don't let the Redskins have time to rethink or ask teammates or have it leak that he's on the market.

Waiting for a second versus the third but then losing Fuller would be dumb. If the Redskins are willing to up that to their first, that you may substitute if Veach likes anybody that high more.

I think we know about the trade so early because they don't want Washington to back out. It was an unavoidable leak but also a purposeful one in timing.

agreed..Chiefs had to pump out some positive news while people were still fuming  about the embarrassing loss, retaining Sutton and OBTW Season Ticket renewals are on people's table

agreed..Chiefs had to pump out some positive news while people were still fuming  about the embarrassing loss, retaining Sutton and OBTW Season Ticket renewals are on people's table

While football decisions aren't going to be dictated by public opinion (or they shouldn't be), once the football decision has been made it makes some sense the business side would take advantage. There was a definite buzz about next year going around the last few days. It's rare in general we get this much national attention. 

Archived